Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

but nobody has said we are going to have a bunch of superstars or saying they are going to dominate our 1st team.

Everybody is just happy we won the trophy. What happens in their career is the future nobody can predict that. Its moaning for the sake of it and trust me their is a lot of things to moan at instead of this 

I dont think its moaning at all.

If anything, the only moaning I have seen is criticising Lambert for not giving Grealish a chance yet. I know very little about the lad, he played well yesterday, very well but he by no means looked ready for the premiership.

Edited by Woodytom

I said I'm happy.

I've said it's a good achievement.

I'm not moaning about these young players, I'm being realistic and saying it doesn't mean anything right now.

You say that it means nothing but everyone knows youth team performance is correlated with likelihood of making the grade at senior level.

The 2002 team had 4 quality players

This one is likely to have at least 4. £50 million worth of talent at current prices.

I said I'm happy.

I'm not moaning about these young players, I'm being realistic and saying it doesn't mean anything right now.

You say that it means nothing but everyone knows youth team performance is correlated with likelihood of making the grade at senior level.

The 2002 team had 4 quality players

This one is likely to have at least 4. £50 million worth of talent at current prices.

What? 

I said I'm happy.

but it does. It means we are the best youth team in Europe at the moment its Villa not Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Ajax, PSG, Inter Milan(all teams that entered) but Villa

some more talented kids around Europe will be looking at that and thinking "Hey never thought of joining Villa but they have beaten all these top teams so must have something right about them"

I said I'm happy.

but it does. It means we are the best youth team in Europe at the moment its Villa not Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Ajax, PSG, Inter Milan(all teams that entered) but Villa

some more talented kids around Europe will be looking at that and thinking "Hey never thought of joining Villa but they have beaten all these top teams so must have something right about them"

Sorry but your optimistic hypothetical situation is not proof that it means something.

It's a good achievement for youth players. In terms of the effect it has on our first team it means nothing right now.

Some of these kids may turn out to be top class, be average or completely fail. This win doesn't guarantee any of those outcomes.

but celebrating the win is nothing to do with the outcomes of their future. Its the fact Aston Villa are the best youth team in Europe that people are so happy. the future is irrelevant

Some of these kids may turn out to be top class, be average or completely fail. This win doesn't guarantee any of those outcomes.

So you basically agree with us.

The 2002 team fetched a combined £10 million on the transfer market.

These guys are likely more valuable, especially since the 2002 team included 1 defender who are always cheaper and one guy who was  at the end of his contract.

Drennan £2m+

Burke worth £2m+ 
Robinson £2m+

Carruthers £20m

Grealish £25m

That's just the attackers. Probably a couple of the defence, keeper could make it, since the run featured stout defending.

That's £50m +

but celebrating the win is nothing to do with the outcomes of their future. Its the fact Aston Villa are the best youth team in Europe that people are so happy. the future is irrelevant

So you basically agree with us.

The 2002 team fetched a combined £10 million on the transfer market.

These guys are likely more valuable, especially since the 2002 team included 1 defender who are always cheaper and one guy who was  at the end of his contract.

Drennan £2m+

Burke worth £2m+ 
Robinson £2m+

Carruthers £20m

Grealish £25m

That's just the attackers. Probably a couple of the defence, keeper could make it, since the run featured stout defending.

That's £50m +

LOL, Where the hell are you getting these figures from?????

To claim Grealish or Carruthers are going to be worth those amounts at this point in their career is complete and utter madness.

Well I've said it's a great achievement and I've said I'm happy we won.

So what's the problem?

It would be great if the current European U-19s Champions team produced just a couple of adult players who are capable of competing well in the top half of the Premier League. If not, I'm still very proud of my youth team's achievement and I have gained some much needed enjoyment from it. The performance of the first team will always be paramount but the club's success does not begin and stop with the older players.

Its not just madness its unnecessary pressure at their age. People shouldnt be putting that sort of valuation near them

If they're old enough to be in the first team they're old enough for the general speculation that surrounds football players.

Obviously Carruthers and Grealish aren't worth £5m right now but projecting development and success... and I've probably totally undervalued some of the other players we know much less about.

This side is likely to be worth multiple times more than the £10m the 2002 side raised.

Its not just madness its unnecessary pressure at their age. People shouldnt be putting that sort of valuation near them

If they're old enough to be in the first team they're old enough for the general speculation that surrounds football players.

Obviously Carruthers and Grealish aren't worth £5m right now but projecting development and success... and I've probably totally undervalued some of the other players we know much less about.

This side is likely to be worth multiple times more than the £10m the 2002 side raised.

Your a Conman mate. 

Carruthers and Grealish wouldnt even go for a 1m right now! Their worth Very very little as it stands.

but what it does show is that they can hold their own against the best young players in Europe at this moment.

Which is brilliant if you're passionate about our youth team football results. But in terms of the first team it currently means nothing.

You even admitted in your post that most won't make it and end up in the football league.

and no-one is saying these players are gonna be the next Man Utd class which included Becks, Giggs and Scholes. 

how much would they have been worth, + the Nevilles? £100m, today's prices... £200m.

and no-one is saying these players are gonna be the next Man Utd class which included Becks, Giggs and Scholes. 

how much would they have been worth, + the Nevilles? £100m, today's prices... £200m.

:crylaugh:

To sum up my opinion, in case anyone is losing track of what the point is, I'm saying this Europe conquering Villa youth team will be worth somewhere between £10m and £200m.

Â