Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

Kevin, I'm sure it's frustrating - but he'd need to push out Gabby to get in the side I guess and then N'Zogbia behind him. If he keeps playing the way he has over the last few days, chances will come. Is he 17 now? I think there's plenty of time.

The only thing i'd worry about Grealish is his physical prowess. 

You would think Bannan has a bit of a football brain and a bit of skill (well atleast he used to when he was playing for the reserves), Bannan easily gets muscled off the ball. I'd be worried the Jack might as well. How tall is he?

He is 17 ^ 18 by the time the new season starts :/

And he is 5ft10. And about the age read the Mcleish article even though you all don't want to know what the so-called 'judas' has to say haha.

I thought last year was too early for him but this year has been disappointing in my eyes(with him doing so well). Not even a first team training session is just ridiculous.

Lambert is stubborn - no doubt about that.

Hence why maybe Jack needs to show a bit more off the ball (harder work rate) to get a look in from Lambert. 

Just gotta do some of these things when you're trying to get what you want (in his case 1st team football) 

It's worth noting Villa's U19s were playing a forward press system against Chelsea.

This is where the forward players have to work hard pressurising the opposition defenders into making mistakes.

This shows Lambert has synchronised playing philosophies between the first team and the youth team, because Weimann and Agbonlahor do exactly the same thing.

Callum Robinson also effectively filled the role of Agbonlahor being a constant outlet down the channels.

If Grealish can fit into the U19s in this system - which he has done - then there will be no problem with him in the first team, once he is at his optimum physicality. 

IMO Kevan he is much better off doing what he's doing/just done than playing in our shower of shit first team. What he's achieved in the youth team will not go unnoticed. 

It is also not the time for the club to start bringing in inexperienced youngsters. Let's stay up and then weave them in.

He should be happy to stay well out of this situation.

Hmm i'd disagree. Bit of inside info on it but McAndrews thinks jacks ready and has already told Lambert he is. Lambert clearly disagree's thats why he doesn't have a squad number this year.

Didn't have the greatest of games today but I suppose he was nackered from the other day aswell. He proved what sort of player he is in the semi final.

And as for the physical side i can understand what you mean but jack doesn't need to be physical. He plays with his brain and lets his feet do the talking. He doesn't need pace or strength or anything else because his brain is what makes him the player he is.

Im not stupid and saying yeah throw him in starting every game. But a chance would be nice and considering mcleish picked him over a number of other young wingers clearly means theres a lot of managers who feel the same.

Imagine jack providing players like weimann,bent and benteke.. I really cannot wait for jack to play.

Must be a pretty exciting time for your bro.

Has he had any conversations with Lambert?

I've just got off the phone to him. He's in the room with a few of the lads. I asked him what lambert said to him and jack said oh i'll have to tell you at home... probably because the rest of them were in the room.

And yeah i'd like it to be more though. Been told by people outside and inside of football he's ready I shrugged it off before always thought there would be no rush he's still very young. But now with doing so well in this tournament,winning ireland u17 player of the year and mcleish quoting things about jack was ready last year (http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/jack-grealish-impressing-aston-villa-boss-mcleish-3066051#.UVoDahw3vAE) it just seems pointless why we are playing first team seniors all the time with no creativity.

Leave whoever on for whatever time but give him a chance. I find it insane how he hasn't even trained with the first team this season.

Thanks for the info, be interesting to see how he and the situation develop.. Do you believe it's his age why lambert hasn't picked him or does there seem other things (I appreciate that you can't give a lot away)
Yeah cant give too much away aha. Ermm but two things for me.

At Norwich lambert grinded out results and had hardworking players. Here at villa he's trying to implement the same meaning why the likes of N'Zogbia,Ireland and Bent have all been dropped throughout this season.

And as you seen tonight and most likely every game jack is similar to Berbatov, lazy off the ball but quality on the ball. Meaning he wouldn't pick jack because he's not a massive grafter.

Secondly, It is the main one his age. If he started playing Jack and we started losing a lot it would be horrendous. He would get a lot of stick for playing a 17 year old lad along with the youngest side in the premier league. Meaning we need experience and he brings a 17 year old into the team.

I actually thought he, along with the whole team worked extremely hard today, was a big factor why kimyomwa (spg) wasn't as effective second half, as his space was restricted by 2 players

IMO Kevan he is much better off doing what he's doing/just done than playing in our shower of shit first team. What he's achieved in the youth team will not go unnoticed. 

It is also not the time for the club to start bringing in inexperienced youngsters. Let's stay up and then weave them in.

He should be happy to stay well out of this situation.

No doubt about it he is. And of course he is more than happy to wait to play for villa but sometimes i'm looking at the dreadful creativity we have and I think 'Imagine jack,burkey or samir providing the likes of Weimann, Bent and Benteke'

Also i dont believe the physical side stuff aswell tbh as burkey is near the same size and weight as jack, and hes been gifted a chance.

Im struggling to believe how pushing jack on for a few minutes when theres no creativity and we need to get back in the game (such as liverpool game) would do anyone any harm.

I can see your point about jack not wanting to get slated along with the other players though which is why he is more than happy to wait, but as i say its not entirely down to that, he has a job and his job is to play football and win games and if jack got the opportunity (again) irrelevant of our situation he would also be happy. But IMO he is ready for a taste of the first team thats all.

The outcome of this season is a win-win for him. If we go down, then he will be starting games for sure, and shining in them. If we stay up, we should improve and be able to bring more youngsters into the team.

Patience!

Burke may be the same height and weight as Jack but he has pace.

If you have pace, excess weight is a disadvantage. If you don't have pace, a bit more strength can be very helpful.

Every month, Jack is getting stronger.

Lambert probably rates Jack as highly as all the other scouts and managers do but doesn't want to give him his debut until exactly the right moment for him.

I remember Albrighton's debut - great play for an assist but got injured in the process. 

Yeah its also not good to put strain on these youngsters by playing them in too many games,  e.g. Rodwell and Wilshere, both played a lot of games when they were 17/18 and they weren't fully physically developed and now they are both clearly struggle.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Jack is special, no doubt and there is no doubt that he will be given his chance. It is a massive step up though and pickning the right time is crucial.

Very very proud of the way our lads handled themselves tonight. UTV

Just read a few pages back, how any one cant see that this is a massive achievement for our club, deep down in the heart of football its about blokes going out to play as a team, being proud of thier team and supporting thier mates. Our boys did that against a load of globally scouted primadonas from Chelsea who thought that all they needed to do was fly in thier superstar and the trophy would be theres.

Well it didnt work out like that, we were more of a team and a few lads showed real promise, for a few others this might be the biggest night in fottball and they will remember it for the rest of thier lives, remembering it wearing a Villa shirt.

Most of us would swap places with them right now.

• Like 2

Great achievement by the Villa Youth, a balanced article in the Telegraph about the game

The Guardian article is all about some small filthy rich London club.

Up the Villa!

I suspect some of these lads will get the chance to put their case forward during pre-season friendlies over the summer. Lambert will want to see how they go against men rather than other boys.

I wonder though whether for some of them it would be better for them long term playing regularly on loan than picking up ten minutes here and there from the bench.

Talking about giving kids a go.. id start Janoi Donacien over Clark and Baker

Ive only seen him play two times.. but geez hes a beast of a player. Great defender. So calm and didnt do any stupid mistakes like our current side.

Lots of promising talent in that squad Jordan Graham, Graham Burke, Jack Grealish, Caullum Robinson. Also was Mikey Drennan injured or not eligible?

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Lots of promising talent in that squad Jordan Graham, Graham Burke, Jack Grealish, Caullum Robinson. Also was Mikey Drennan injured or not eligible?

He's got an ankle injury.

He's got an ankle injury.

cheers mate. Bodes well for the future this youth side.

Â