(The Villatalk Meme Thread)

islingtonclaret

I know the debate's been had before, but I reckon if you showed that photo of the radiohead guy to a large sample of people, less than 50% would know who he was.

I'd go for less than 10% to be honest

I know who Radiohead are , but wouldn't have a clue what any of the band members looked like to be honest ...

And that I actually use that in normal conversation too, whenever anyone says something obvious I reply with 'yeah, and that Rory Delap fella has a long throw'.

I used that line on my mates on holiday the other week when they repeated some drunken story for about the 4th time

went straight over their heads

I know the debate's been had before, but I reckon if you showed that photo of the radiohead guy to a large sample of people, less than 50% would know who he was.

I have to say, i'm really shocked that there's someone who doesn't know who Thom Yorke is! I'd say that 50% would be 80%.... but then, there is a lot of chavs about these days!

but then, there is a lot of chavs about these days!

:shock:

not listening to Radiohead makes you a chav ? :-)

I am aware of Radiohead as a band - they're shite. **** whiny unstructured noise. (Coming from a Prog rock fan that is a massive insult)

The fact that I didn't recognise Thom Yorke in a photo is for me, a minor personal triumph. They are the musical equivilent of Coventry City. A total irrelevance who occasionally make a few headlines.

but then, there is a lot of chavs about these days!

:shock:

not listening to Radiohead makes you a chav ? :-)

No I'm not saying that at all! haha!

I'm just simply saying there's a lot of chavs who wouldn't know who he is, that's all :D

I just assumed that most people who are into "rock" type music would know what he looks like, but i'm obviously very wrong!

I would say that Radiohead now are what Pink Floyd were in about 1975.

Most people had heard of them, could probably name an album (Dark Side of the Moon/OK Computer), but outside of actual fans of the band, a lot of people wouldn't recognise the members by sight.

If they appeared on things like Strictly Come Dancing and breakfast TV shows it would be a different matter.

I have to say, i'm really shocked that there's someone who doesn't know who Thom Yorke is! I'd say that 50% would be 80%.... but then, there is a lot of chavs about these days!

Well to be pednatic, I said people who would recognise him from that picture.

But regardless. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that 80% of people even know who Thom Yorke is by name, let alone recognise him in a picture.

Â