(The Villatalk Meme Thread)

islingtonclaret

Scuba Steve and nobody has yet mentioned the Ginger Midget thread! Still look back at that night with fondness but even funnier my gay housemates face the next day after suffering the noise of a very loud and over sexed ginger midget in my room all night :lol:

• Like 1

Scuba Steve and nobody has yet mentioned the Ginger Midget thread! Still look back at that night with fondness but even funnier my gay housemates face the next day after suffering the noise of a very loud and over sexed ginger midget in my room all night :lol:

B6 and the ginger midget?

I know I'm not the most popular VTer but "nobody" is very harsh indeed. :cry:

Sorry Eames! must have missed that! I would love to find that thread again but have tyried and tried but failed!

OK, now that I've been referred to as a "pensioner" because I haven't a clue who the fellow in the photo several pages back was, even after it was explained, I confess I haven't a clue who Muse is, or Radiohead, or Chris Martin, or Thom Yorke for that matter. Oh, I know that the first two are bands that are very popular nowadays, but I don't know what they play and probably wouldn't recognize their music at all.

I'm sadly out of touch, but I'm fine with it. (retreats into his office to turn up some Clapton)

born in '63, cut me some slack ya merciless bunch ;-) when folks refer to new music, I think Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins and Red Hot Chili Peppers...

There's a popular VTer?

Sorry Norton, old man ramblings disproved:

RADIOHEAD - PABLO HONEY - 1993.

GREEN DAY - 39SMOOTH - 1990.

SMASHING PUMPKINS - GISH, 1990.

I'm going to ignore RHCP - I think Flea is actually a robot that he replaced himself with that will keep on going until the planet implodes. But otherwise, "Radiohead" are a band that became pretty big news 3 years after said bunch...

OK, now that I've been referred to as a "pensioner" because I haven't a clue who the fellow in the photo several pages back was, even after it was explained, I confess I haven't a clue who Muse is, or Radiohead, or Chris Martin, or Thom Yorke for that matter. Oh, I know that the first two are bands that are very popular nowadays, but I don't know what they play and probably wouldn't recognize their music at all.
I'm sadly out of touch, but I'm fine with it. (retreats into his office to turn up some Clapton)
born in '63, cut me some slack ya merciless bunch ;-) when folks refer to new music, I think Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins and Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Oi! Stop trying to steal my turf as "Out of touch old bloke"! :)

Totally agree about Green Day, Pumpkins and Chilli Peppers though - I consider them all to be totally "modern", and I couldn't name a song by any of them. Actually, I tell a lie, "Good Riddance", but that's the only one.

Having said that. I'm nine years older than you, and I DO know about Muse, Coldplay and Radiohead - I even own Radiohead albums. They probably mean more in the UK than Canada.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

'You & ME like this' (I invented this one, honest, ask Levi)

'Rastafarian Leprechaun'

'...then '91 ran in and shot everyone.'

'Whatever it is...CarewsEyebrowDesigner is not impressed'

'For everything, there is a Katy Perry Gif'

BOF says "Use more smileys"

'Don't call me Steve'

villaajax is an idiot (This is my favourite one)

These are more just phrases rather than memes

• Like 4

Villaajax has a mustang, but he never talks about it

Not sure if you're trying to be ironic because it's true. it's everyone else who can't get over it.

I love the way that every time its mentioned you point out that its everyone else who talks about it.

• Like 1

It is though. I talked about it in the What Do You Drive thread and then everyone else brings it up out of context and in other threads. I just reply to people who do actually bring it up.

Â