Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Jonathan Pearce asking if Watkins would "do it again" after being abused. Absolute rocket polisher that bloke

In fairness, I didn't see an issue with Pearce's question. It gave Ollie the perfect opportunity for his great response that in the same circumstances he'd do the same again. His question and Ollie's response also gave a good foundation for the three MOTD2 presenters to comment in support Ollie's action.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Annoyman said:

Turns out that was former Wales international David Phillips. It added to the purgatorial nature of most of the game effectively I guess? May we never hear his voice again.

I had to mute after about 10 mins. Where do they find these dour idiots? I'm guessing they must be cheap because I can't see any other upside. 

9 hours ago, brommy said:

In fairness, I didn't see an issue with Pearce's question. It gave Ollie the perfect opportunity for his great response that in the same circumstances he'd do the same again. His question and Ollie's response also gave a good foundation for the three MOTD2 presenters to comment in support Ollie's action.

Was a loaded question with a heavily judgemental tone imo. He is prone to saying "you never like to see this type of thing" when everybody does. Hopefully retires soon.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed a little interchange between Adrian Clarke (big Arsenal fan) and Jimbo on the Totally Football show: Clarke is waxing lyrical about how Arsenal played amazingly well against Brighton and how teams don't often score more than two against them. Jimbo points out that Villa beat them 6-1 and then Adrian Clarke immediately tries to backpedal saying that 'Well, Brighton don't seem as strong, certainly not defensively' 😂 You can't have it both ways, mate!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Really enjoyed a little interchange between Adrian Clarke (big Arsenal fan) and Jimbo on the Totally Football show: Clarke is waxing lyrical about how Arsenal played amazingly well against Brighton and how teams don't often score more than two against them. Jimbo points out that Villa beat them 6-1 and then Adrian Clarke immediately tries to backpedal saying that 'Well, Brighton don't seem as strong, certainly not defensively' 😂 You can't have it both ways, mate!

West Ham even put 3 past them 😝

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

The funny part about this exchange (which I didn't hear, but just based on this) is that Clarke is ignoring the genuine achievement (preventing Brighton from scoring, something they have only failed to do once in the last 45 or do games IIRC?) in order to boast about a fake one (scoring against Brighton, who haven't kept a clean sheet all season). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Rebecca Lowe is a Crystal Palace fan, but you wouldn't know it by what she has to say about Villa here!

Now that’s a decent lady football presenter.

BBC please take note.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Aston Villa FC are living rent free in Andy Jacob's head on Talksport, long may it continue.

Had a listen to soundbite and he sounds very dismissive (based on just two games that he'd watched).
If we are winning despite not 'deserving it' (and if you look at all the stats they were overwhelmingly in our favour on Sunday) then it's a fluke and we will run out of luck soon enough. But if it's a media appointed 'big club' grinding out results when not playing at their best (Arsenal v Brentford/Luton, Liverpool v Palace/Sheff Utd, City v Luton etc.) then it's the sign of a winning mentality and proof that they are serious title contenders. Such nonsense. I really hope we keep upsetting the media's collective expectation of where 'little Villa' should sit in the order of things.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 2

Jacobs is unbearable. Absolutely talentless and has ridden on Paul Hawksbee's coattails 99% of his career.

Really genuinely stupid when it comes to football as well. Doesn't understand what he's watching.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Now that’s a decent lady football presenter.

BBC please take note.

I switched off immediately as the first question was about "Pep" (a pet name that makes me vomit everytime someone says it)

Anything about that prick and his cheating club is a no from me.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I switched off immediately as the first question was about "Pep" (a pet name that makes me vomit everytime someone says it)

Anything about that prick and his cheating club is a no from me.

Must admit that name does grate on me too.

Prefer Pep-Toe-Bismol 😂

• Haha 1

On 18/12/2023 at 15:15, Wurzel said:

Aston Villa FC are living rent free in Andy Jacob's head on Talksport, long may it continue.

I watched the clip and he said we are having a great season but has watched us twice live and wasnt that impressed

Â