Media and punditry

BOF

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

You're right, barely anyone was talking about Man City's problems:

whatswrong.jpg

I’m assuming you’ve searched specifically for “Man City problems” or something and found articles that have been written since the game. There’s bound to be some piece around a loss of form (they’re out of form!).

The immediacy after the game was about how brilliant Aston Villa were. A pundit on a podcast I listen to said it was the best they have ever seen Villa play. There wasn’t much said about Man City being bad - it was almost entirely how good we were. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

And that there is more chance of Prince William taking charge of Villa's remaining fixtures than them winning the Premier League.

Im not going to waste my time to look for his piece of journalism - I am defo half glass empty, but his above statement fill me with a bit of confidence as there is no way PW will take charge of any Villa game, so by default, the latter is more likely

I normally quite like listening the the guardian football weekly, as it is probably the more balanced of any football views out there in the media outlet, even though they would ignore us most of the time which I am fine with, at least they are not talking random shits about our high lines or whatever.

And I know this dude Jordan Jarrett-Bryan hates us for apparently, no reason. But listened to him talking about us this week is an absolute new low on that podcast.

It felt like us being third, beating both man city and arse in the process is a complete travesty. The man needs to get a grip

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

And I know this dude Jordan Jarrett-Bryan hates us for apparently, no reason. But listened to him talking about us this week is an absolute new low on that podcast.

It felt like us being third, beating both man city and arse in the process is a complete travesty. The man needs to get a grip

He's a big Arsenal fan, who started belittling Villa back in 2020 and gets a lot of abuse from our fans as a result. He seems to take personal insult when Villa do well or receive any praise. Quite enjoyed the other members of the pod balancing out his ridiculous negativity by being full of praise for us though. I'd love it if we are top at New Year and he has to admit we're in the title race! 

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

I normally quite like listening the the guardian football weekly, as it is probably the more balanced of any football views out there in the media outlet, even though they would ignore us most of the time which I am fine with, at least they are not talking random shits about our high lines or whatever.

I think he does it as a panto act, he's just keeping the attention going.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think he does it as a panto act, he's just keeping the attention going.

This is absolutely it. It's now a running joke that he "hates" Villa, cos he's usually on a Football Weekly podcast straight after a good Villa performance, just so Max and co, can ask him what he thought of it.

11 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

He's a big Arsenal fan, who started belittling Villa back in 2020 and gets a lot of abuse from our fans as a result. He seems to take personal insult when Villa do well or receive any praise. Quite enjoyed the other members of the pod balancing out his ridiculous negativity by being full of praise for us though. I'd love it if we are top at New Year and he has to admit we're in the title race! 

From memory, he said he'd rather have Arteta as a manager than Dean Smith (when Arsenal were struggling and we weren't) and then got a load of abuse from Villa fans on Twitter.

I can only go by what he says on the pod, but he definitely doesn't like "our" fans on Twitter :D.  The rest of it is pantomime stuff, though.  He goes over the top on the negative aspect deliberately.

On 11/12/2023 at 19:58, HongKongVillan said:

He's an absolute joke.

It's not the fact that it's villa that annoys me, I just don't know who it's for. Who is enjoying listening to his fake hatred of villa?

It completely derails the podcast. This week was mostly just the, laughing at him.

His only analysis was that the goal was good but McGinn is overrated. 

On 12/12/2023 at 00:56, Ghost said:

This is absolutely it. It's now a running joke that he "hates" Villa, cos he's usually on a Football Weekly podcast straight after a good Villa performance, just so Max and co, can ask him what he thought of it.

And it's quite funny, but it does then ruin the podcast. You don't get any intelligent discussion about the game.

The football ramble this week was a million times better regarding the analysis of our game, and they're only semi serious

Oh my word did anyone happen to catch Talkshite Drive time show last night (yes i know but i was stuck in traffic) with Alan Pardew ? I wasnt a fan of the bloke before hand but my god he loves to blow smoke up his own arse doesnt he. Has he ever actually won anything to back up his own bullshit? 

4 hours ago, TOTTI-THE-GOD said:

Oh my word did anyone happen to catch Talkshite Drive time show last night (yes i know but i was stuck in traffic) with Alan Pardew ? I wasnt a fan of the bloke before hand but my god he loves to blow smoke up his own arse doesnt he. Has he ever actually won anything to back up his own bullshit? 

Yes, he won 'GIF of the Year 2016':

6Nd.gif

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

There is a lot of shit floating about in the media, but one great programme is the 2 Robbies (just got the pun). They just talk football and leave out all the sensationalism.

Yeah I like these two, some great analysis and knowledge of the game without the need to bait clicks and calls. 

What’s the pun, by the way? 

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Quite funny that just over a year ago Gregg Evans was refusing to write articles about Gerrard's  future because he didn't think his job was under threat and would "come good"

Gregg Evans hasn’t got a clue. He’s so awful to listen to, the way he says ‘listen’ all the time, he sounds like Gerrard. Jacob Tanswell has completely shown him what a proper club writer looks like. 

• Like 1

Â