Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

I'm not sure on the skin yet, it's not exactly a case of getting used to it either as the other one didn't need changing at all.

I think they've ran out of things to add to be honest, it's not their fault as this game is probably the closest to the real thing than any other game of any genre.

I think that an Ultimate Team type game mode would work on FM, could make them a lot of money too.

Just like real life, the Villa job is a tough one. Apparently Randy expects a top half finish this season which might be a bit of an ask, particularly as I've taken 1 point from the first 3 games with Man City up next. I shipped out Warnock to QPR and N'Zogbia to Fulham for a combined £7.5m, and managed to loan Hutton out to Celtic. I brought in Reo-Coker and Zambrotta on freebies, Nacer Chadli for £5.75m and Aaron Cresswell for £3.4m. Playing either 442 or 451, I think the latter will be the way forward once Gabby and Albrighton are fit as Holman is pretty useless.

on first couple of goes it appears there's so much more to have to do before each match, it takes forever!!! Haven't even started on training programs etc and only dabbled with tactic builder.

I've found it's very easy to piss off players during team talks etc, even when taking the easy option of taking asst managers advise - our squad attributes are a little too realistic it their naffness as well!

Trying to find some decent gems (bearing in mind we have a transfer budget of ZERO!) have brought in the young Swiss RB Koch for less than a million and looking at a new LB and a RW.

The squad is already riddled with pre-set injuries (just surprised Gardner isn't on the list though considering he's out for most of the year in the real world)

The match engine looks better but it's going to take a little time to get used to the new look and navigation.

I'd like to see how this looks and plays, particularly being as I didn't get last year's edition, but I've decided to wait until the full release. I'm enjoying FIFA at the moment, so it'll be nice to have FM to turn to - particularly when the full version is released and the main bugs ironed out - when I begin to get bored of that.

No, that is reputation related. The clubs reputation is high enough to be expected to finish upwards of 12th, but there is no provision for the first season, so even though we are very much in transition and rebuilding after a terrible spell, the game does not identify that. You may see Lambert get sacked at the end of the first season.

Randy does appear to be more lenient with a human manager, somebody on the official forums did some testing with a save that had 4 games to go:

Initial test was won 1 drawn 1 lost 3 - finished 11th (kept job - insecure)

Then I did some more:

Lost all 5 games finished 17th (fired June 4th)

Lost 3 of 5 games, won 2 finished 17th (kept job - precarious)

lost 3 of 5 games won 1 drawn 1 finished 16th (fired)

lost 2 of 5 games, won 3 finished 12th (kept job - stable)

lost 0 of 5, won 5, finished 9th (kept job - job status now secure)

drawn 5 of 5, finished 13th (kept job - stable)

I think all of those results are acceptable and it is good that there is a certain amount of variation on whether you keep your job.

Â