Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Obvious trolls are obvious.

That Westwood clip you posted Stefan is awesome. I remember watching that during the game and turning to my brother and just saying "wow" - It's not the first time he's done something similar as well!

I think it was last season, a ball was way up in the air and he brought it down with such good control and played a decent pass almost a split second after. 

• Like 1

So when he keeps the ball moving and doesn't give it away he's "not making any risky passes", yet he created the 3rd most chances for an Englishmen, but then has his assists record criticised. You try passing the ball to Agbonlahor or Weimann.  :rolleyes: Criticising an assist record when creating so many chances is flawed logic.

I think a player who apparently always plays it safe yet creates so many chances from the deep-lying midfielder role is pretty bloody incredible, and not something to be criticised. 

• Like 2

Why do I keep reading about chances created by an Englishman? Isn't that a bit of a pointless stat? He's a premiership player so why just compare him to English players?

I'm not having a go at him by the way, I think he has a place in the squad and should start certain games. I just find the use of that stat strange.

Why do I keep reading about chances created by an Englishman? Isn't that a bit of a pointless stat? He's a premiership player so why just compare him to English players?

Because it sounds better than 256th in the Premier League ;)

15th I think. I used it myself as I wasn't sure of his position in the league. And it also makes it sound more impressive.

I'm also really excited to see Westwood link with Grealish :)

As good as that will be - i'm more excited to see link up play between Grealish and Benteke! But thats for another thread ;)

A lot to look forward to :)

• Like 1

Westwood and Delph have a helluva long way to go before being considered for the national side. Westwood in particular.

I agree, but then I look at who gets called up I go well maybe.