Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Extraordinary high quality game from Ashley Westwood today. 75 passes. 99% on target. Included 9/9 long balls.

His crossing was not so good (not included in the passing accuracy stat), but he also got 2 key passes, which is great.

Westwood should get some special praise on MOTD tonight.

Though he was amazing today, was it not his long ball into the box that got Baker injured?  The one that Samba got his head to.  Would throw the 9/9 out the window.

Said it before and I'll say it again. This lad is going to be a top quality player and I've been impressed since his first game for us. Knew what kind of player he was when he signed but didn't know how well he would adjust to the prem. Have to say he's took it in his stride and is now probably our third key player behind Benteke and Guzan.

Hope he has a long career at Villa. Unlikely though.

• Like 1

Said it before and I'll say it again. This lad is going to be a top quality player and I've been impressed since his first game for us. Knew what kind of player he was when he signed but didn't know how well he would adjust to the prem. Have to say he's took it in his stride and is now probably our third key player behind Benteke and Guzan.

Hope he has a long career at Villa. Unlikely though.

Wasn't impressed at all from his first game. Have been for every game after that though!

10/10 for me today. I play a similar position to him in football so it's been exciting to base my game on him this season. Seems incredibly humble and excited to be here as well.

10/10 for me today. I play a similar position to him in football so it's been exciting to base my game on him this season. Seems incredibly humble and excited to be here as well.

Is this Michael Carrick?

Is this Michael Carrick?

I'd like to think of myself as a bit of a Carrick, but Westwood is better ;) . Obviously.

Extraordinary high quality game from Ashley Westwood today. 75 passes. 99% on target. Included 9/9 long balls.

His crossing was not so good (not included in the passing accuracy stat), but he also got 2 key passes, which is great.

Westwood should get some special praise on MOTD tonight.

Though he was amazing today, was it not his long ball into the box that got Baker injured?  The one that Samba got his head to.  Would throw the 9/9 out the window.

I'm guessing that was noted down as a cross.

Edited by Con

Played really well, he's getting better and better. Could be frightening next season

Can a Michael Carrick type of player ever be frightening?

Maybe if he shouted 'boo' at the opposition more often.

• Like 1