Ashley Westwood

Nabby

The reason Ashley Westwood has played so many games for us lies with the inept recruitment at the club.

had we signed players as we should have done who would naturally replace him, we not be having this debate.

You could pose the same explanation for so many others.

over the last 6 or 7 years we have managed to sign players who are worse than what we already had......That is one of the major reasons of why we are where we are.

......not sure its over yet, will let you know.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

Why is your opening gambit, always,"whats your point"....do you not understand about what is being said or is it just habitual.

If so , ask, in a more courteous way.....and an answer maybe forthcoming.

What the hell are you on about?

On 9/22/2016 at 11:55, jackbauer24 said:

We need at least two, preferably three true midfielders behind our attacking threesome. So if three, there isn't a single other option but to play Westwood really, Gardner is awful. If taking a risk and going all out attack, you need two players but neither Tshibola or Jedinak have inspired much confidence that they'll be out of the treatment room long enough to threaten the first team. So, again, Westwood has to play regularly. 

I'd argue that this is the biggest fault with Westwood, when using him we do need three "true" midfielders behind our attack, because he is so non-existing. Looking at last weeks premier league starting 11's, only 6 teams started with 3 "true" midfielders,  Hull City, Bournemouth and Burnley who were hammered,  Sunderland who are awful, Southampton who don't play with wingers and have had an awful start to the season and Watford and in the championship only 5 teams started with three true midfielders. Nearly all the good sides play with two holding or "true" midfielders. Even the most defensive minded manager in the premier league, Tony Pulis, only uses two. The problem with Westwood is that he is so limited that he needs two more holding midfielders around him, or we get overrun. This is something that our last god knows how many managers have done, played with three true midfielders and it hasn't worked and I am sick and tired of seeing us use it. Therefor I would argue that Westwood is one of our biggest weaknesses and needs replacing so that we can start playing proper formations and allow our attackers to be attackers and also allow us to use more than three attacking players. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

I'd argue that this is the biggest fault with Westwood, when using him we do need three "true" midfielders behind our attack, because he is so non-existing. Looking at last weeks premier league starting 11's, only 6 teams started with 3 "true" midfielders,  Hull City, Bournemouth and Burnley who were hammered,  Sunderland who are awful, Southampton who don't play with wingers and have had an awful start to the season and Watford and in the championship only 5 teams started with three true midfielders. Nearly all the good sides play with two holding or "true" midfielders. Even the most defensive minded manager in the premier league, Tony Pulis, only uses two. The problem with Westwood is that he is so limited that he needs two more holding midfielders around him, or we get overrun. This is something that our last god knows how many managers have done, played with three true midfielders and it hasn't worked and I am sick and tired of seeing us use it. Therefor I would argue that Westwood is one of our biggest weaknesses and needs replacing so that we can start playing proper formations and allow our attackers to be attackers and also allow us to use more than three attacking players. 

You can have all the permutations under the sun....but getting 11 players on form is the holy grail.

We seem to carry too many at any given time.....The trick is to get them to do what is being asked of them, that would be a major move forward.

getting players to come back to help, now and again is fine.....too often leaves you exposed.