Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Why does he still take those terrible corners? Surely its clear to see that the floating corners do not work for us. Terrible!

And I thought the only reason he took floated corners is because Benteke told him too?

Well that was Hairy Hands saying that and i personally believe he was 1 of the 2 who got the boot last week. Think about it, on what planet would a player allow to dictate what way his team plays.

Why does he still take those terrible corners? Surely its clear to see that the floating corners do not work for us. Terrible!

And I thought the only reason he took floated corners is because Benteke told him too?
Well that was Hairy Hands saying that and i personally believe he was 1 of the 2 who got the boot last week. Think about it, on what planet would a player allow to dictate what way his team plays.

Hairy hands got the boot?

. Well either way why can't our manager see these corners offer us nothing at all. It's pointless us having a corner

Got a bit too touchy feely with the ref yesterday and wants to watch himself I think.

Must be immensely frustrating playing in this team. A lot of players have lost motivation and have little pride for themselves or the club. Regardless of how people feel about Lambert some individuals are capable of a lot more.

I still think he will become a decent player if he gets better players around him

He's already better than decent. For all the stick Lambert gets for his signings, Westwood, Vlaar, Benteke and possibly both Kozak and Okore will prove to be astute signings. Benteke is the headline player but for me Westwood is on a par with him when you consider value for money.

• Like 1

I still think he will become a decent player if he gets better players around him

He's already better than decent. For all the stick Lambert gets for his signings, Westwood, Vlaar, Benteke and possibly both Kozak and Okore will prove to be astute signings. Benteke is the headline player but for me Westwood is on a par with him when you consider value for money.
You could potentially add Bacuna to that list if he can improve next season.

I like him, very tidy passer and would probably thrive in a team like Swansea for example. For me though he is never a DM, he has no pace, no tackling ability and he cant mark either he's constantly losing his man. If we set up with a DM and then Westwood Delph just in front i think our midfield would be far more balanced. He looks like a passenger most of the time because we never have the ball and when we do it isn't passed around.

I think there would be a fair few teams he would get straight into and you can't say that about many of our players.

You could potentially add Bacuna to that list if he can improve next season.

Agreed - add Bacuna to the list.

'If he has better players around him he would be a good player'

Absurd, if we were getting better players he would be one of the first I would be upgrading. Cannot tackle, doesn't influence games, goes missing, positional sense without the ball is ridiculous, can only pass it 5 yards to the side or backwards. No pace, no guile, no cutting edge, no nothing.

What is it that people see in this guy?

Is it the myth that came when he signed about being similar to Michael Carrick. I wish some people actually opened their eyes and judge him and his performances for what they are.

He should be playing for a play off chasing team in the Championship at the max, even then I think he would struggle with the pace and intensity.

Players like Westwood should be squad players at the most. He should not be one of the first names on the team sheet of any premier league club let alone one of our size. Then again you could probably say that about most of our team.