Joe Bennett

Si.

I suppose it depends on how Bennett is in training this week. If his confidence is shot then he needs to come out of the firing line. If Lambert is happy with his reaction then maybe he'll keep his place. But he'll need to do better than he has for a large part of this season.

I suppose it depends on how Bennett is in training this week. If his confidence is shot then he needs to come out of the firing line. If Lambert is happy with his reaction then maybe he'll keep his place. But he'll need to do better than he has for a large part of this season.

Yeah if he's having some sort of breakdown, but the lad had been playing better of late and that form would have be fine against Sunderland. Its just harsh that he is getting so much stick when every player was poor last night and the managers gung ho approach added to it.

We were open and weak because of what was a two man midfield. Like I said one goal came from the right and that should have been averted by Guzan claiming. Why isnt Gabby getting stick for not closing that Rafael cross down. Bennett tried to play Valencia offside, looked to me he had, lino didnt give it, now he's struggling to get back but still stopped Valencia crossing the ball in.

Its no disgrace to be done by Rafael and Valencia a few times a game, this has happened to some of the leagues best LB's.

Bit of a joke the stick this lad gets above others.

I think we will see Baker there for the rest of the season (baring injuries)

I would prefer Baker where he is tbh. Clark is a liability next to Vlaar, so why not put him at left back?

Agree with this, shame we didn't try it earlier in the season as its a high pressure change now...not that keeping Bennett in is any good.

Because Clark has played at LB too and was awful, positionally weak and far slower than Bennett. Leave the back four as is shore up the midfield that will be more beneficial. Playing against Valencia and Rafael is very tough and only one goal last night came from that side and even that could have been averted had Guzan claimed.

The lad didnt play well but he was no worse than pretty much all of them and the formation made things very hard for everyone too.

Sunderland will be a different proposition.

Exactly Guzan makes prob his first error of judgement this season and people blame Bennett. I do not like Baker at left back. He cant get up and down the pitch, limited ability on the ball and cant cross. Like when we had Cuellar at full back.

Yeah if he's having some sort of breakdown, but the lad had been playing better of late and that form would have be fine against Sunderland. Its just harsh that he is getting so much stick when every player was poor last night and the managers gung ho approach added to it.

We were open and weak because of what was a two man midfield. Like I said one goal came from the right and that should have been averted by Guzan claiming. Why isnt Gabby getting stick for not closing that Rafael cross down. Bennett tried to play Valencia offside, looked to me he had, lino didnt give it, now he's struggling to get back but still stopped Valencia crossing the ball in.

Its no disgrace to be done by Rafael and Valencia a few times a game, this has happened to some of the leagues best LB's.

Bit of a joke the stick this lad gets above others.

Spot on, Bennett was exposed on monday when we should've protected him against the pace of Valencia.

Neither Clark or Baker are quick enough to play left back.

The weird thing is if you think back to Man U at home, Enda Stevens did a good job on Valencia. 

Of course, he doesn't get a look in now, not being one of Lambert's signings. I suppose yes it could be based on training performance but with the season nearly over it's pretty apparent Lambert will persist with his own signings and not give the same opportunities to players that he inherited. 

The weird thing is if you think back to Man U at home, Enda Stevens did a good job on Valencia. 

Of course, he doesn't get a look in now, not being one of Lambert's signings. I suppose yes it could be based on training performance but with the season nearly over it's pretty apparent Lambert will persist with his own signings and not give the same opportunities to players that he inherited. 

When was Stevens last game? Southampton? I remember Ricky Lambert schooling him that day.

When was Stevens last game? Southampton? I remember Ricky Lambert schooling him that day.

I don't really remember that. The only thing I strongly remember from that game is Delph's stupid panicked clearance which led to the penalty. Stevens did get caught out of position a lot I remember. 

yep, was solid enough today. Did nothing wrong, very happy to see a villa player improve and see his confidence improve. Even though he was dogshit at first it still really annoyed me the way fans seemed to vocally get on his back early on. Good lad. 

Edited by Rodders

to his credit he has turned his form around. You have to credit Paul Lambert for getting the players confidence back. After the Christmas period we had.. it could have gone a lot worse.

Still needs fine tuning in his defending but his attack is starting to look good. He has a good delivery. Like to see him get to the bi line more and put some crosses in.

Â