Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I loved him at Wigan and was so happy we signed him, although more gutted at the time about Young and Downing leaving, although look how their careers have panned out since, looks like none of the 3 of them have pushed on.

Still want him at the club and hope he's involved next season. Him and Bent can bring something to the table if we can't sell them so leaving them to rot is absurd.

• Like 3

--------------Westwood----------Delph----------------

-----------------------------Zog----------------------------

--------Gabby------------------------------Weimann

--------------------------Benteke-----------------------

or

-----------Westwood-----------Delph--------------

Gabby-------------------------------------------Zog

--------------------Benteke---------------------------

-------------------------------Bent--------------------

We tried this a few times but it didn't really work.

N'Zogbia doesn't work hard enough in that position, so when we are under pressure the midfield gets swamped

We tried this a few times but it didn't really work.

N'Zogbia doesn't work hard enough in that position, so when we are under pressure the midfield gets swamped

Maybe my judgement is clouded by that Maradona-esque performance he had at West Brom, but I've always imagined him doing quite well there.

And insurance companies will just shell out £40k per week without assessing the injury for themselves with an independent doctor??

No they don't shell out money covering salaries.

The premiums to insure every player in the squad versus a select few getting injured is not worthwhile. Think about it.

Actually, i think medical insurance for serious injuries to cover salaries is taken out on all players.

I remember reading something about it when Petrov was diagnosed... and also when Michael Owen had a major injury.

and yes, i think it is expensive, but still done, because with the 'average' premier league player earning £2.5mill a year, its needed if they are out for a season.  

Lambert better give him a real chance. He is one of the few forward thinking players we have. 

He did. Then he got injured. If he's fit he'll play. Everything isn't Lamberts fault.

Why are you telling me this? You are making it seem like I am blaming Lambert for N'Zogbia's injury...

• Like 1

And insurance companies will just shell out £40k per week without assessing the injury for themselves with an independent doctor??

No they don't shell out money covering salaries.

The premiums to insure every player in the squad versus a select few getting injured is not worthwhile. Think about it.

Actually, i think medical insurance for serious injuries to cover salaries is taken out on all players.

I remember reading something about it when Petrov was diagnosed... and also when Michael Owen had a major injury.

and yes, i think it is expensive, but still done, because with the 'average' premier league player earning £2.5mill a year, its needed if they are out for a season.

Yeah I'm pretty sure insurance covers injured players' wages

• 2 weeks later...

I see lots of people in other threads assuring he will be like a new signing but will he even be played? He hasn't even been involved with the club for the last what 6 months. As much as i think he is a top player and should definitely start for us why is it that people assume he will be played next season? 

I like the look of....

Benteke
Gabby      Cole     Nzogbia 
      Delph - Westwood

It's just whether Nzogiba will track back or not and give cover to the right back.

When Benteke and N'zogbia played together in the limited games they did I thought they had good chemistry. 

I think we need him big time next season.

I do wonder though how motivated the Bomb Squad will be to play for Lambert.

I know to a certain extent they are all playing for their next contract and will want to impress to land a big salary at the next club but I'm not sure footballers give a crap sometimes.

I'd still be surprised if he actually features. Will be interesting to see if PL accomodates them as part of the US tour.

Depends on whether or not Charles is already in Miami at the time. Possible that he could be in Dubai.

Â