Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I don't think he was saying, "Hey I'm fit, but they don't let me train with them."

Because what crazy player would not want to at least train if they're actually fit?

That doesn't follow. If he did mean that, then how does that equate to him not wanting to train?

Some people seem so desperate to crucify Lambert that they are taking a spurious quote from a social media site as evidence of some great wrong-doing.

Let's not forget that N'zogbia was so terribly upset at being called 'insomnia' that he went on strike at Newcastle to force through a transfer. He strikes me as the type who is quite happy to sow the seeds in order to discredit the manager and get his own way.

Edited by poitier

Some people seem so desperate to crucify Lambert that they are taking a spurious quote from a social media site as evidence of some great wrong-doing.

Let's not forget that N'zogbia was so terribly upset at being called 'insomnia' that he went on strike at Newcastle to force through a transfer. He strikes me as the type who is quite happy to sow the seeds in order to discredit the manager and get his own way.

To be fair although I found the Insomnia saga hilarious at the time, I don't think he was over-reacting to it that much looking back at it. Kinnear was obviously a bubbling fool and it does show a lot of disrespect and a lack of professionalism to mis-pronounce a players name in that manner and I know I'd want to distance myself from the man and anything he was involved in.

Streuth. A bloke snaps his Achilles and people think he'd be back and ready to play up to 6-8 weeks ago?

Absolute bonkers conspiracies.

Well, we don't expect him to still be jetting off around the world on holiday nine months after the injury. That's for sure.

Lamberts clueless. This is not how you sell players. They have all lost value now. Keep them fit and around the squad. Most are professionals so i doubt they were bad influences. It is not the right way to get rid of these players.

I know i would prefer Darren Bent and Nzogbia upfront as apposed to the current dross we saw on the weekend. Ridiculous. Were paying Nzogbia anyway.. so why not just use him when we have such an injury crisis? Stubborn.

Because he is injured? You want an injured player to train, and to play ?

Just like dunne was? Lambert is a liar. Don't trust a word he says.

Yes, just like Dunne was.

Dunne was injured and if you you don't believe that please explain why Dunne himself says he was injured and had no problem with Lambert.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2459753/Richard-Dunne-interview-QPR-defender-return-fitness-Harry-Redknapps-side.html

I believe he was injured but i dont believe Lambert saying that was the reason he was being left out. Regardless he would have been back in the squad in April when he was training again.. but he said it himself he was training with the kids. This is exactly what Nzogbia will get when he returns.

Lamberts clueless. This is not how you sell players. They have all lost value now. Keep them fit and around the squad. Most are professionals so i doubt they were bad influences. It is not the right way to get rid of these players.

I know i would prefer Darren Bent and Nzogbia upfront as apposed to the current dross we saw on the weekend. Ridiculous. Were paying Nzogbia anyway.. so why not just use him when we have such an injury crisis? Stubborn.

Because he is injured? You want an injured player to train, and to play ?

Just like dunne was? Lambert is a liar. Don't trust a word he says.

Yes, just like Dunne was.

Dunne was injured and if you you don't believe that please explain why Dunne himself says he was injured and had no problem with Lambert.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2459753/Richard-Dunne-interview-QPR-defender-return-fitness-Harry-Redknapps-side.html

I believe he was injured but i dont believe Lambert saying that was the reason he was being left out. Regardless he would have been back in the squad in April when he was training again.. but he said it himself he was training with the kids. This is exactly what Nzogbia will get when he returns.

Yes he was back training in April but he'd obviously not be anywhere near match fit after being out all season.  He'd already had one breakdown, when on the verge of coming back, and there had been a possibility that his career could have been over.

Lambert not throwing him straight into the middle of a relegation dog fight at that time, with a handful of games left, was correct in my opinion.

Remember after weeks of training and building himself up he still only managed 25 minutes in a friendly.  It would have been just to risky to Dunnes fitness to play him as soon as he was back training.

You think then that if Dunne hadn't been injured he'd have been part of the 'bomb squad'?  You may be right but there's no way of knowing it and it's hardly a reason to call Lambert a liar. It's just baseless speculation.

Villa talk has unrealistic injury expectations.

I think it is more that it is another angle to have a go at the manager.

Is 'another angle' really required?

I would have thought that there is plenty to go on already.

Villa talk has unrealistic injury expectations.

I think it is more that it is another angle to have a go at the manager.

Is 'another angle' really required?

I would have thought that there is plenty to go on already.

Haha yeah, there already are more angles than on a brilliant cut diamond

Snippet in today's Daily Snail saying he's back in training with the yoofs.

Daily Mail: Aston Villa winger Charles N'Zogbia, who ruptured an achilles in July, is back training with the youth team but is unlikely to play this season. 

Â