Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

He is hard work no doubt, but I do believe he can make a great addition to the team and improve us no end. Problem is, im begining to think Lambert isn't up to the challenge of bringing him back in, not his sort of player who will bow down to him.

What the hell does that mean?

Lambert has never convinced me he can change a player. (i.e bomb squad) NZog can be a very selfish player, Lambert cant be bothered with this, easier to ship him out like he has the others.

Wiemann-------Nzogbia-------Gabby

--------------Benteke------------

That's the forward line I want to see asap

Swap Wiemann and Nzogbia round and I'd agree

During a game I don't see why all 3 can't swap about a bit to be fair

He is hard work no doubt, but I do believe he can make a great addition to the team and improve us no end. Problem is, im begining to think Lambert isn't up to the challenge of bringing him back in, not his sort of player who will bow down to him.

What the hell does that mean?
Lambert has never convinced me he can change a player. (i.e bomb squad) NZog can be a very selfish player, Lambert cant be bothered with this, easier to ship him out like he has the others.

Except whenever N'Zogbia has been fit he's been in and around the squad. When he hasn't been fit he's talked about wishing he were.

Basically, what you've said there is nonsense with regards to this particular player.

• Like 1

N'Zogbia Weimann Benteke and Agbonlahor did all play together a few times last year. Apart from the West Brom away game I didn't think it worked.

Left us too open and Westwood and Delph couldn't cope.

We looked a lot stronger when Sylla came in to the midfield and we started getting results.

Maybe if it was to happen now things may be different. Who knows.

Wiemann-------Nzogbia-------Gabby

--------------Benteke------------

That's the forward line I want to see asap

Swap Wiemann and Nzogbia round and I'd agree

Earlier on in the thread you alluded to N'Zogbia having never played down the wing for us. You're wrong. I remember him specifically playing there under McLeish and being derided for it despite playing out of position. I also specifically remember him playing down the right against Bradford, I'll not forget either of those games in a hurry. Though N'Zogbia did ok himself.

His best form for us has come in that roaming role at the tip of the diamond in my opinion. 3/4 appearances around the West Ham game this time last year he was very good. He picked up a little niggle and we found even better form without him, but I'm absolutely sure when fit he'll be utilised again.

He's gotten a rough ride from us. Doesn't help that when he's not interested he's REALLY not interested. That'll never change but I like him regardless, he's got a little something else.

• Like 1

If he's injured himself playing football on holiday, then is he still entitled to his wages?

or is the beach football thing a rumour?

If he's playing football to keep fit, as a professional footballer I don't see the issue. It's just one of those things, it's not as though he bust his leg skiing!

Interesting comments re playing N'zog, Gabby, Weiman & Benteke together.

Isn't that how we'd line up if we got this much sought after no 10?

its an ambitious line up & I agree with Damson Wood-It left us outnumbered at times.

Perhaps Weiman would/could make way?

Last chance saloon for N'zog now. I'd like to have 1 last look at him though before selling.

-----------------Guzan-------------------

Lowton------Vlaar-----Okore----Bertrand

-------------Sylla--------Delph--------------

Weimann--------------------------Gabby

N'Zogbia

--------------Benteke-------------------------

Just look at this team on the paper. 'there is so many potential goals in this side its frightening

-----------------Guzan-------------------

Lowton------Vlaar-----Okore----Bertrand

-------------Sylla--------Delph--------------

Weimann--------------------------Gabby

N'Zogbia

--------------Benteke-------------------------

Just look at this team on the paper. 'there is so many potential goals in this side its frightening

It does look like it has a ton of potential but who knows if Lambert will ever even give this a try. One problem is N'Zogbia is not good defensively so as you correctly added, Sylla would need to be played to compensate. Westwood has been playing pretty well lately so I wouldn't want to see him dropped but I know Sylla, N'Zogbia and Benteke have this strange connection when on the pitch together. 

A French friend told me today that all parties involved are trying to get him a move to Ligue 1, although at times it's hard to decipher his accent so I may have heard wrong.

he might have meant League 1 ;)

Â