Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I take it the lad is still injured as he would surely be ahead of Weimann and Tonev at present?

Yeah, they've said he's going to be out even longer than expected now aswell.... end of Jan probably at the earliest!!

Before he got injured he was another one the club wanted off the wage bill. Therefore had it not been for the injury it is very likely that along with Bent, Ireland and Given he would now either have been sold or out on loan.

We have never seen the best of him. When he is available again whether Lambert or another manager can get the best out of him is anybodies guess but there is certainly a decent player in there.

I wonder if come the end of the season Martinez may look to pick him up on the cheap.

With respect Dunney did an interview just after he joined QPR in which it was made clear in no uncertain terms he was actually injured (although it was weird how he played for Ireland as soon as the season ended).

CNZ is injured but his squad number indicates he was going to the bomb squad if that hadn't occurred.

NZog is injured with a achilles problem. Lambert confirmed in recent reports, sometimes its quicker coming back from a broken leg as achilles can be a ongoing problem. He was due back in Jan but now may not even be back before the end of the season.

Before he got injured he was another one the club wanted off the wage bill. Therefore had it not been for the injury it is very likely that along with Bent, Ireland and Given he would now either have been sold or out on loan.

We have never seen the best of him. When he is available again whether Lambert or another manager can get the best out of him is anybodies guess but there is certainly a decent player in there.

I wonder if come the end of the season Martinez may look to pick him up on the cheap.

At the end of all this I wonder if this will be one of Lambert's biggest weakness at Villa. Yes as a manager you have lots of new ideas and you want to bring in players to fit the system, but a trait of a good manager is to work with what you have got. Nzgobia and Ireland (as much as I dislike his lack of professionalism) do have ability, probably more than most of the starters at present. It is the managers job to motivate and get the best out of you squad, and Lambert did not do this with the existing team he inherited. It was awful team to inherit, but Nzog is a decent player and offers different skills than what we have at present.

At the end of all this I wonder if this will be one of Lambert's biggest weakness at Villa. Yes as a manager you have lots of new ideas and you want to bring in players to fit the system, but a trait of a good manager is to work with what you have got. Nzgobia and Ireland (as much as I dislike his lack of professionalism) do have ability, probably more than most of the starters at present. It is the managers job to motivate and get the best out of you squad, and Lambert did not do this with the existing team he inherited. It was awful team to inherit, but Nzog is a decent player and offers different skills than what we have at present.

To be fair he was starting to show something last season. He's one of the high earners so guess he's one of the bomb squad but that doesn't mean Lambert shouldn't use him when fit. Compared to Tonev he's a footballing genius.

Lambert might just be having a change of mind here. He is a crazy man if he continues down the path he is on and I don't think he is that.

If we can see this sucks watching from 10,000 miles away, he also has to realize his summer signings are not ready. 1 day some might be but not today and not in the environment we find ourselves again. He needs all the experience he can get and Zog has that. I predict he will be welcomed back with open arms.

Edited by Texas_Mike

Â