Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We shouldn't be here - we were 1-0 up against chelsea with 30 to play. We only have ourselves to blame. In Jan I was relaxed about relegation - because we obviously weren't good enough. Then the litlle run of results, made me hopeful for future - if only we could stay up.

Relaxed again now - because I really we will struggle again, should we scrape up this season.

There's few things worrying me at moment . 1 every soccer pundit has predicted arsenal to win and win comfortably 2. Wigan are on a huge high and even arsene we get has admitted that he'd have preferred arsenal not had a break because they can get very complacent after a break like that. 3. Wigan are going into this game been wrote off all over the board and this is where they really pull out big results . I truly think that 24 hours from now we will all be on the verge of a nervous break down and going into Sunday with our hearts in our mouths this nightmare just won't end for us. God must have aston villa

Wigan are on a huge 'High' from the drug of the FA Cup but tomorrow night at the Emirates they are going 'Cold Turkey' and down!

Edited by pacbuddies

I stuck a tenner on us a week or so ago, hopefully it is wasted but its a good insurance policy. The only thing keeping me positive about tomorrow is the bookies are confident of Arse winning, how often are they wrong?

After the 0-8 0-4 0-3 Xmas trilogy, I thought we'd finish bottom

We've had a good 2013 and given ourselves a chance of staying up, a very good chance

I have no problem with insurance bets

Mine go on tomorrow and I never win bets so were safe lads

BetVictor's odds are probably the best. Pays about 65/1. I have stuck a tenner on!

How is the multiple bet done on line? I'm unsure how they are all together, i.e. the winning from Wigan winning tomorrow going on the other results required.

If you better on Bet365 you would have to go to "soccer" then select "barclays premier league". From the list of matches you would need to select Wigan away at Arsenal, Wigan at home against the Villa and Sunderland away at Spurs. That treble pays 161/1 at the moment.

Arsenal don't need to win. We stay up if they don't lose.

The only way I can imagine Arsenal losing is if they have a player sent off, and penalty awarded against them, in the opening period of the match.

They need to be very careful the referee doesn't, you know, even things up a bit. 

I like the fact that if we win on Sunday and the other games go "after the book" then we will probably finish 11th.

I'm shit scared of Wigan though and God help us if they somehow manage to win tomorrow. I put 5 pounds on them to win at Arsenal to give a return of 40 pounds. Hopefully that money is well down the drain.

Arsenal don't need to win. We stay up if they don't lose.

The only way I can imagine Arsenal losing is if they have a player sent off, and penalty awarded against them, in the opening period of the match.

They need to be very careful the referee doesn't, you know, even things up a bit. 

Con is right! This is the unquantifiable aspect that no bookmaker can take into account. 5 mins into the game & Arsenals keeper gives away a penalty & gets sent off, leaving Wenger having to replace a striker in order to bring on the substitute goalkeeper. Wigan score the spot kick & basically we are ********.

Wigan play better against 10 men as they showed against Man City when Zabeleta was sent of on 84 mins in the Cup Final.

They also got lucky in similar circumstances when playing QPR who were all over them up until Zamora got sent off then Maloney scored a free kick deep into injury time which effectively killed QPR.

The bottom line is that with Wigan all things are possible & it would be foolish to take their trip to Arsenal has a gimme for the home side.

Definition of paranoia

noun

[mass noun]

a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically worked into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

unjustified suspicion and mistrust of other people:

mild paranoia afflicts all prime ministers

Wigan won at the Emirates last season so they can do it again.

Let's hope Arsenal bring their A game!

What about the 9 times previously that Arsenal beat them?

Right less than 24 hours to go. Either there will be some very relaxed and happy villa fans afterwards or QVC will be getting record viewing figures in its graveyard slot in Birmingham.We just have to have faith that Arsenal will show their class and avoid defeat. They really need a win so I expect goals. Hopefully a lot of Arsenal ones. I have always liked  Wenger  and Arsenal and have never had a cheap dig at their corporate soulless bowl of a stadium, honest.

50 quid on both Wigan to win tonight (8/1) and on Villa to get relegated (33/1) Have a bad feeling Wigan will win at the Emirates, like last season and then beat us without Benteke and as we tend to shit ourselves under any kind of pressure. Going feel sick watching the match in the pub :unsure: Both happening will least mean I have funds to go out and get completely mortal if it does happen.

Edited by Avflife