Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We shouldn't be here - we were 1-0 up against chelsea with 30 to play. We only have ourselves to blame. In Jan I was relaxed about relegation - because we obviously weren't good enough. Then the litlle run of results, made me hopeful for future - if only we could stay up.

Relaxed again now - because I really we will struggle again, should we scrape up this season.

You've said this 3 times now. And the answer is the same every time. Chelsea, asin the multi million spending, Champions of Europe? And you're annoyed we couldn't hold on to a lead?

Also we had a player sent off too.

If we go down it won't be because we couldn't hold onto a lead against Chelsea - it will be because we lost 3-0 to Wigan at home back in December.

Edited by Mantis

If we go down it won't be because we couldn't hold onto a lead against Chelsea - it will be because we lost 3-0 to Wigan at home back in December.

No! It's because avflife wants to go mortal on his ill gotten gains! :P

• Like 1

or 2-1 to newcastle

Haha Villa_Revolution you alright fella and can **** guarantee anyone on VT, I will spend all my ill potential winnings (£2,050) on a night out or two in Brum if Villa do get relegated.

Edited by Avflife

Haha Villa_Revolution you alright fella and can **** guarantee anyone on VT, I will spend all my ill potential winnings (£2,050) on a night out or two in Brum if Villa do get relegated.

See! I told you it was all his fault! ;):P:D

or 2-1 to newcastle

you could pick literally any game we dropped points in

or 2-1 to newcastle

Not necessarily! We could still go down on goal difference & either unfortunate  own goals by Westwood v Wet Spam or Baker v Reading  could still come back to haunt us even though we won both games!

or 2-1 to newcastle

Well obviously but if you're looking at winnable games then it makes it easier. 

or 2-1 to newcastle

Well obviously but if you're looking at winnable games then it makes it easier. 

The point is that it's not ever down to a single game, so there's no point picking results really. It serves no purpose at all

Wigan will win tonight it's all there is to it

That confident, huh? They're 8\1, you should put your life savings on it if you're that certain.

Edited by Davkaus

50 quid on both Wigan to win tonight (8/1) and on Villa to get relegated (33/1) Have a bad feeling Wigan will win at the Emirates, like last season and then beat us without Benteke and as we tend to shit ourselves under any kind of pressure. Going feel sick watching the match in the pub :unsure: Both happening will least mean I have funds to go out and get completely mortal if it does happen.

Mate, sorry to say this but you seriously short changed yourself with the bet on Villa going down. For that to happen there has to be 3 results go against us. You would have been much better off having the treble instead!

I'm not sure I'd be able to bet £50, I'm not THAT convinced we'd go down...£10 I can see the point of.

I told a friend to do it at 40-1 a week ago...a £10 on that would give you £400 back...when looking at scenarios, it was still somewhat likely, as our current situation has shown.

If Wigan do lose tonight, good, it was never in doubt, but, if they win, we all knew it would happen...that's te nature of an inconsistent team...that's why they (we) are all down at the bottom.

As for GD the Chelsea game is covered by the Sunderland game...both freak...I agree with the poster that said it will be the silly goals that we conceded when winning, or even more costly would be the goal for Fulham, after they had 0 shots on target...

Imagine the irony...saved by Wiemann's last minute bundle across the line against Fulham last year, relegated by Fulham's 'goal without a shot' this year!