Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The inference was that both us and Arsenal are better teams than Wigan so we should be oK.  My point was that football doesn't work like that as last Saturday at Wembley proved.

You just cant rely on us being a better team so that's good enough

Football only fails to work like that over small sample sizes. For example, in a one off match, there's a chance anything can happen. Increase it to two games and it gets a lot less likely, add a third into it and the chances of all the outcomes being upsets are almost non-existant

The inference was that both us and Arsenal are better teams than Wigan so we should be oK.  My point was that football doesn't work like that as last Saturday at Wembley proved.

Football only fails to work like that over small sample sizes. For example, in a one off match, there's a chance anything can happen. Increase it to two games and it gets a lot less likely, add a third into it and the chances of all the outcomes being upsets are almost non-existant

Just like when Wigan won at Liverpool, home to Man Utd & then at the Emirates last season & only going down 2-1 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge to a last minute goal last season!

Just like when Wigan won at Liverpool, home to Man Utd & then at the Emirates last season & only going down 2-1 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge to a last minute goal last season!

How often does that happen?

We beat Chelsea away last season ..didn't work out so well this season did it ....

We beat Chelsea away last season ..didn't work out so well this season did it ....

The point is though that with those bloody annoying turds Wigan all things are possible. As stated previously I wish they would just bugger off & get relegated to the turd division! ;)

I've got my four sons and their families coming round tonight to watch the game. There's plenty of booze chilling and even if Wigan win it just means that the bubbly will have to wait until we beat Wigan on sunday!

Thats the spirit.