Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I have been using the BBC table predictor and both West Ham and Norwich might join in the relegation fight.

I think West Ham will be fine due to their home form. I do agree that Norwich could well get dragged in and as an outside chance maybe Fulham too ? 

Yeah I doubt becchio will become someone who will put in a lot of goals for norwich. He was pretty good for leeds but then again he is not 20 and that was championship. I don`t think he has what it takes on this level.

Changed my vote from "yes" to "unsure". We still have a big battle ahead but we're moving in the right direction. 

You've changed your vote after one 2-1 victory over one of the worst opposition performances of the season!

Talk about 'changes with the wind'. You must be a woman!

:D

Har de har har, forgive me whilst I pretend to laugh. It is not about 1 game. It is about the improvement that we've shown over the past 3 games. We're still rubbish but it is a damn sight better than what we've seen previously. We now see desire & urgency, we're improving and we've seen relegation rivals drop points. I am sorry that changing my vote annoys you (well not really). 

Doesn't annoy me. Just amuses me that you can swing so readily after one victory in nearly two months..

Perhaps you are one of those people who change their mind on a general election vote every time they hear another a party political broadcast on TV.

I want the Villa to do well but I guess I am not so naive as to fall for the first positive thing in months. Let's see if they can keep up the momentum before we get all excited and wet our pants!

You didn't give me anything like this kind of shit when I changed my vote after the Everton game, based on a general upturn in performances. So why are you giving trekka the third degree now? Have you nothing better to do with your life? 

Tim Howard

Nick Rimando

Bill Hamid

I will admit I don't know much about Bill Hamid, but the other 3 are all currently better and the recent call ups to the USA national team show that.

Some would even say Brad Freidel still is, but of course he retired from international football years ago.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

The predictor is a complete waste of time as is trying to work out how many points we will need etc. All guesswork and meaningless. No-one knows what will happen. Arsenal could go down to 10 men and we could win throwing it all up in smoke. Take each game as it comes.

Normally a team drops from relative safety into the relegation mix at the end of the season, I can't see a likely candidate at the moment but it is exactly what we need to happen.

Unfortunately for that to happen we need to get the points together to overtake said team!

The predictor is a complete waste of time as is trying to work out how many points we will need etc. All guesswork and meaningless. No-one knows what will happen. Arsenal could go down to 10 men and we could win throwing it all up in smoke. Take each game as it comes.

i think we'd need them to go down to 9 or 8 to be honest

The match we HAD to win. We can talk about ifs and buts, like saying we could beat Man City in a match we are not looking to get anything from budget-wise, but this was the D-DAY!

And we won, thank **** god we did. Sam Allardyce is talking bollocks really, they did not create chance after chance after chance, yes a few in the end when they were chasing us but when the game was tied at 0-0 they created next to nothing just like us. The penalty was fair, N'Zogbia pulled the ball to one side and Noble just went in clumsy. Easy and cool penalty from Benteke, and sublime free-kick from N'Zogbia. When we have free-kicks from that angle we need to score goals more often, this was our first direct free-kick goal since September 2010! Luckily we have had a few penalties this season, Benteke has tucked away 3 with ease. We managed to get some pressure and immediately scored two goals, at the best imaginable time.

However, man of the match has to be Darren Bent. That save on the line right before we scored our first was so incredibly important. Out of nothing they had that shot from inside the box and he stayed at the back just in case and saved a shot bound for the corner. If that had gone in we woudn't have come back into the game, I mean, how many times have we done that this season? This relegation battle is going to come down to a few, insane moments - that was one of them. Andi Weimann should be a relived man tonight after that miss after 2 minutes...

Has anyone ever seen Square Head lose graciously? He'd have you believe that his teams have never fairly lost a match. On balance, the game could have been a draw - the various stats indicate that. Same old Sam 'Boss Nass' Allardyce. The same Allardyce that once claimed that he should change his name to 'Allar-dee-chi' to get himself more recognition for doing a good job.

Man is a mark one knob.

The reason why I think we will now stay up and why I didnt before today was because Bennette has finally been dropped. Obvs 3 points is a plus but when Bennette played it was like starting with 10 men. People on here might think that's a bit harsh but I think it was that bad. Its a pity PL's arrogance let it go on for so long.

Aye, you can say that about Bennett - has looked a but vulnerable in the main. Hopefully the club can knock him into shape. I thought we started with 10 men against WHU as I could not see the value in playing Bowery out wide like he seemed to spend most of his tenure. He's not Gabby...

Unfortunate for Bowery that the game really seemed to 'come alive' (loosely) once he got taken off. Better luck next time.

Edited by Raver50032

Normally a team drops from relative safety into the relegation mix at the end of the season, I can't see a likely candidate at the moment but it is exactly what we need to happen.

Almost certain to be Norwich. Wouldn't that be a laugh...

I'm surprised at the lack of optimism on here today. We've been close in recent weeks stretching back to West Brom and I'd like to think we're showing a little fight. We're out of the zone too and every game closer to the line when we're not in it is worth some kind of mini celebration.

Just appears to be the same old same old. "We need Arsenal down to 8 men to stand a chance". Well, we've shown we can play football and score goals. You'll always have a chance when you can do that, I hope we get Gabby back in time to give us a touch of added pace. The Arsenal back line will love that.

What a great time for a break, honestly. Yesterday was a must win an they did, it shows character. Now they've time to let those seeds of confidence grow.

Well done lads.

• Like 1