Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Can't see anything past relgation for us to be honest. Our form is dire, real relegation form. I honestly can't see where our next win is going to come from. A decent signing or two in this window and the club would've had the shot in the arm we needed. Alas we've spent next to nothing on lower level players and have in my opinion resigned ourselves to relegation and are starting to prepare for the league below.

Thanks for nothing Randy. Time to sell up and hand the club to someone who is actually willing to spend a £ or two. He's blatantly got bored of it now, time to get someone with new ideas and enthusiasm in... 

Edited by NewportStu

Can't see anything past relgation for us to be honest. Our form is dire, real relegation form. I honestly can't see where our next win is going to come from. A decent signing or two in this window and the club would've had the shot in the arm we needed. Alas we've spent next to nothing on lower level players and have in my opinion resigned ourselves to relegation and are starting to prepare for the league below.

Thanks for nothing Randy. Time to sell up and hand the club to someone who is actually willing to spend a £ or two. He's blatantly got bored of it now, time to get someone with new ideas and enthusiasm in... 

Once again though, who to?

We'll **** stay up. These signings (may) give actual balance and options in midfield and might take the pressure off Westwood and get KEA playing. We have a lot of players back from injury playing better now, who were missing over christmas, there's no reason why we can't pick up some form now. It won't be easy but we've got to be behind the team. We do have quality. If Sylla is any good at all - he could be McCann level, anyone just to get a bit of grit in the centre - then that will be an improvement for the whole team - defence and attack - and hopefully it'll make us competitive again, as we have been at parts of the season. Lambert's teams traditionally finish well, so lets see how we do.

Edited by praisedmambo

We'll **** stay up. These signings give actual balance and options in midfield and might take the pressure off Westwood and get KEA playing. We have a lot of players back from injury playing better now, who were missing over christmas, there's no reason why we can't pick up some form now. It won't be easy but we've got to be behind the team. We do have quality. If Sylla is any good at all - he could be McCann level, anyone just to get a bit of grit in the centre - then that will be an improvement for the whole team - defence and attack - and hopefully it'll make us competitive again, as we have been at parts of the season. Lambert's teams traditionally finish well, so lets see how we do.

Lambert is a football manager not a genie or a wizard.We have 14 games left and 6 of them are against the top 6 teams.

Lambert is a football manager not a genie or a wizard.We have 14 games left and 6 of them are against the top 6 teams.

I'm definitely "remaining positive". I hope we give it a go. I feel better now than last year and even if we do get relegated I'll feel better than last year. There was nothing worse than seeing a future of Eck. That was much more bleak than this, imagine Villa never trying to play football ever again. 

Over the last 100 premiership games we have averaged 1.06 points a game.

Are those two signings enough to pick this up?

Interesting...

an average of 0.98 over the whole season will almost certainly keep us up. 

So if we continue our current average, we'll easily stay up.

Yes, we have games against the top 6, but we should expect to get at least a couple of points from those games. Other teams at the bottom have scrapped points off the top teams at home, no reason we shouldn't be able to.

Yes, we have games against the top 6, but we should expect to get at least a couple of points from those games. Other teams at the bottom have scrapped points off the top teams at home, no reason we shouldn't be able to.

Oh I can think of many

Interesting...

an average of 0.98 over the whole season will almost certainly keep us up. 

So if we continue our current average, we'll easily stay up.

Yes but you haven't considered that Lambert has delivered the worst 24 game period in our history in the prem averaging 0.83 points a game.

If we continue on this trend we will finish with 31 points and if we manage to improve to the shockingly bad average of 1.06 points a game we will finish with 34 points.

Either of those will likely see us relegated.

So we now need to not just improve our average of this season to stay up but improve on our average points per game of the last 2 and a half years.

Not sure Sylla and Dawkins will inspire that.

Seems wrong but I will be backing everton heavily tomorrow and will at least make some easy money to take the edge of another embarrassing loss

They are 4/11 not exactly a price to be backing heavily at. Might be some value in handicap betting though.

Lambert's teams traditionally finish well, so lets see how we do.

Do they?

i can't be bothered to do a full check but, just glancing at last season, Norwich had 32 points after 24 games ( 8 wins, draws and defeats each) and in the final 14 picked up 15 points (W4 D3 L7, scoring 18 and conceding 27) and slipped from 9th to 12th.

So they declined from

First 24 games - 1.33 points per game  to

Last 14 games -  1.07 points per game.

Just looked at my first contribution to this thread to see how wrong I was... 

"I think if our squad stays as it is we're going to be right down there, but I think we'll be okay. Really need some investment in the squad! "

Well, seems I was kinda right, apart from the I think we'll be okay part, still needs investment. 

Edited by PieFacE

How long can we spend exiled from the top flight before we lose our runners up spot in the list of most top flight appearances?

Just to give some perspective of what an absolute mess Lerner has made here.

Edited by Shillzz

I really don't need to be talked into believing we can stay up, that we've got a chance. I've been thinking we're doomed to relegation for some time now and I think I just need to learn to make my peace with that.

Yes, it's negative, but in the words of John Cleese (in arguably his career low-point film role): "It's not the despair... I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."