Rino8

Also I heard a stat that Liverpool have only used 14 players this year...they won't get that lucky again, especially with the extra games.

I find that hard to believe. I'd guess maybe 20 players used this year?

EDIT: More than 20 

http://lfcstats.co.uk/20132014premierappearances.html

Edited by Xela

I tell you what' does my head in about Liverpool... We were disguising the team of the year and basically all players bar Hazard should be Liverpool players.

One already said that they're gonna win the title at least 2-3 times in a row now and United will take 5 years to get into the top 4 again. I mean talk about arrogance.Also I heard a stat that Liverpool have only used 14 players this year...they won't get that lucky again, especially with the extra games.

We did the same in 81 didn't we

Different times, it's a squad game now, and you can use 3 subs rather than 1.

Yes but we are talking about luck with injuries so if Liverpool have been lucky then we must have been in 81. Anyway I'm sure Liverpool must have used more than 14 players. In fact i am certain they have.

Edited by PaulC

We did, and that's part of the similarity I saw last week on the telly. That and the fans belief and hope, and the togetherness of their team, and a forward not playing (Sturridge) but someone else filling in and doing a good job.

I can honestly say that when we played them in our first home game I thought at the time they looked like a side that could win the league. They were more solid at the back in that game, and less good going forward - they battered us first half, and second half we battered them, but they dealt with it well, unfortunately.

It will be unbearable if/when they win it - but not from the fans, the proper ones, more from all the media fest which will follow it.

We did, and that's part of the similarity I saw last week on the telly. That and the fans belief and hope, and the togetherness of their team, and a forward not playing (Sturridge) but someone else filling in and doing a good job.

I can honestly say that when we played them in our first home game I thought at the time they looked like a side that could win the league. They were more solid at the back in that game, and less good going forward - they battered us first half, and second half we battered them, but they dealt with it well, unfortunately.

It will be unbearable if/when they win it - but not from the fans, the proper ones, more from all the media fest which will follow it.

Yes the media fest will be no worse than if United won it. Afterall all we hear now is Moyes and Giggs. No other team gets that coverage when they sack a manager. The similarity with 81 is that we came 8th I think the season before and I believe Liverpool came 7th. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

not sure where to put this but how true are the rumours that villa fans were disrespecting the minute silence at palace? heard some other teams fans also disrespected the Hillsborough tragedy. by all accounts we are the worst away fans to visit palace all season, wernt there so cant comment but heard we had a few idiots at the game. shame if it is true as I was very impressed with Liverpool fans last season at anfield during the petrov tribute.

• Like 2

not sure where to put this but how true are the rumours that villa fans were disrespecting the minute silence at palace? heard some other teams fans also disrespected the Hillsborough tragedy. by all accounts we are the worst away fans to visit palace all season, wernt there so cant comment but heard we had a few idiots at the game. shame if it is true as I was very impressed with Liverpool fans last season at anfield during the petrov tribute.

Every club has its fair share of the mentally challenged.

Personally, I can't stand the sight of the redscouse, but tragedies like Hillsbrorough are about football people, not any one specific club. Enmities should be put aside in circumstances like those, for the sake of the game

I know it's annoying that there are so many Liverpool fans in Birmingham who should be supporting Aston Villa but I still want Liverpool to win the title.

All this bullshit about Gerrard and Suarez is hypocrisy. There are 11 players in a first XI. If we consider another team - let's say Man Utd - I'm sure we can come up with at least a couple of players who have flawed personalities.

I also dislike what some Villa fans are saying about Hillsborough. I believe the Liverpool fans are right on this. It wasn't their fault. There was an injustice.

Sure, policing and crowd control back then wasn't very sophisticated. We've learned a lot since then. Perhaps criticism of the police should be taken in that context.

It just makes me wince to read comments from Villa fans who still apparently blame Liverpool fans for the tragedy. I would actually like Liverpool to win the title just to piss them off.

• Like 1

Liverpool fans everywhere. Nah I don't blame them but its pretty obvious some of their fans did not help the situation but no one deserved to die or get injured.. I don't mind liverpool if I'm honest and I hope they win the league. The cover up was a disgrace, football fans were considered animals back then.

Liverpool fans everywhere. Nah I don't blame them but its pretty obvious some of their fans did not help the situation but no one deserved to die or get injured.. I don't mind liverpool if I'm honest and I hope they win the league. The cover up was a disgrace, football fans were considered animals back then.

In any given crowd there are always going to be people who are not going to help in any given situation.

The Hillsborough tragedy could have happened to fans from any team.

The lessons learned from the tragedy have helped fans from all teams - around the world.

I don't get the feeling this fact is appreciated by some fans from other teams, including Villa.

I agree with you, its a touchy subject. I do know that villa fans hate liverpool. Take my grandad for instance, he's villa born and bred and was a hard working bloke and a decent bloke but he blames liverpool fans for the hillsborough tragedy. Ignorance I know but its easy to blame liverpool fans when you can't stand them. Liverpool fans have mocked the munich disaster and vice versa.

I was at Palace and there was no deliberate disrespecting the Hillsborough minutes silence. What happened was people were late getting into the away end at 3.07 when the silence was being held - so the sounds, shouting etc were of those who were unaware the silence had started. From what I saw around me, everyone who was in the seats was obeying the silence perfectly.

• Like 1

Â