Rino8

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would imagine they'd get Alonso yeah

A little bit risky, a club of Liverpools stature should be looking at someone with more success on his CV imo.

Hopefully they don’t look down the M6

They will obviously go for one of the best managers in the world whoever they are, can't seem them messing about with the likes of Potter and Ze Derbi, hopefully not reader, but they're more likely to go for Emery than someone like either of those two. If they want to continue what Klopp has been doing maybe they will go for another German with a similar style

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

A little bit risky, a club of Liverpools stature should be looking at someone with more success on his CV imo.

Hopefully they don’t look down the M6

I bet he will have a Bundesliga title come May which will be some achievement. 

He mentioned fatigue in his statement and how he can’t keep doing it over and over again. I hope it’s not health related. Football aside, I wish Jurgen all the best. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I bet he will have a Bundesliga title come May which will be some achievement. 

If he can hold on then fair enough, I do expect the Bayern machine to get over the line though. Like City here, they have the squad depth and experience to go on a mad 15 game winning run and take the title.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, Salah on about half a million a week. Must be hard for Klopp to compete…

It’s all relative though isn’t it.

Klopp has them punching above their weight which is why this thread is so overjoyed that he’s leaving. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Let's hope they don't come sniffing. round our man Emery

He’s already been bitten once by taking over after Wenger, doubt he’d do it again somewhere else.

• Like 2

Expect to see every Tom, Dick and Harry connected with them to be on TV talking about how they're a family club and tradition is important. The irony being that Klopp, their most successful manager in recent history, had no connection with them. After the fracas of the Super League, their board will be listening to the fan chatter: and this will be largely shaped by folks like Carra on TV banging on about a new manager 'needehn to knoe the clubb'.

This noise and mythology about someone needing to be connected to their club, knowing its special little ways, will mean folks will be clambering for Alonso. His win percentage is higher than Klopp's at Dortmund (over a much shorter period, obviously), he's fending off Bayern, and he's likely to be around for a bit. If he wins the Bundesliga title and maybe gets to the Europa League final he leaves on a high, and will be lauded as doing a Mourinho (leaving Porto as they lift a major trophy). 

De Zerbi would be interesting but a risk. They'll be looking at Emery, for sure, but he might think the timing isn't right for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He mentioned fatigue in his statement and how he can’t keep doing it over and over again. I hope it’s not health related. Football aside, I wish Jurgen all the best. 

Klopp looks really tired in that video too. 

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Guess who is Klopp's final away game against? FFS Let's ruin it like we did Slippy in the cup semi final.

The anger when Jhon Duran late goal costs them the title 😝

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

He’s already been bitten once by taking over after Wenger, doubt he’d do it again somewhere else.

Spot on. 

Terrible loss for them, incredible gain for us. 

Whoever replaces him can’t carry it on. Despite their general annoyance, Klopp is an elite manager and one of the last who go all out for the win instead of being a disciple to Pep’s automatons. Even Xabi is closer to Pep’s style than Klopp. 

Â