Rino8

Liverpool make a £25m £21m bid for Diego Costa WTF? Is he that good?

I really don't think so, Not the goalscorer to replace Suarez anyway.

Aad Athletico would be very reluctant to sell after selling Falcao.

Jap can also be misconstrued as anti-semitic: Jewish American Princess...

Isn't Costa supposedly quite hot-headed?

That would be a volatile forward line with Suarez and Aspas (who also has a temper reportedly).

Costa made monkey noises at another player a while back. Maybe that's why he's a potential replacement for Suarez.

He appears to have a genuine complaint in this instance though.  If he is of the opinion that the £40m +1  clause is enough to release him from his contract and Liverpool are of the opinion that it is not, then what is he supposed to do?  Liverpool acknowledge the clause exists but they seem to believe that it only means they are obliged to consider any offer over £40m.  They have considered this one and have decided to reject it.   It seems odd that such a clause would even exist in Liverpool's definition, I mean they would consider an offer of £1 for Suarez before rejecting it so why even ask for such a clause to be put in for bids exceeding £40m?  

Maybe it is a letter of the law vs spirit of the law argument, but surely this type of situation is the very reason why the court of arbitration for sport exists? 

I think he did it when he was at Groningen to get a move to Ajax 

He did.  It says it in the article you are commenting on but didn't read. :P

Edited by The_Rev

He should put a request in, but again if he genuinely believes Liverpool are legally obliged to accept the offer of £40,000,001  from Arsenal then what would it achieve? 

So they're getting Costa because of a release clause if he wants to come. I think someone mentioned it higher up, but Iago Aspas, Suarez and Costa is the most volatile forward line I've ever heard of. All they need to do is bring Djibril Cisse back from Russia and they will get all of the red cards.

They're going to be a boom or bust team this year. I think they'll either put up a legit challenge at top four or crash and burn and be looking for a new manager to lead their "project" by Christmas

I think they'll be fine, finish 6th.

The problem for Liverpool is that finishing 6th is anything but fine.  If they don't qualify for the Champions League then they might as well finish 16th.  

Â