Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He doesn't look the same player to me this season.. I reckon he just biding time and knows he's off..mentally detached.

Wouldn't surprise me. Seems a strange stratergy though, not exactly making the world take notice with recent performances. Unless something is already in place.

I would guess Old Trafford is his likely move and they will try to offer us next to nothing for him during the next window or at best give us a Cleverley exchange or just wait to take him for nothing at the end of the season.

We really should have offered him a new contract last year before the World Cup when he might well have signed it. I anticipate we will be prepared to sell if he has told us he is not going to sign any new contract we are prepared to offer. But we need to weigh what we might get from a sale against what that might cost us should a Vlaar free defence see us in the bottom 3 at the end of this season.    

He doesn't look the same player to me this season.. I reckon he just biding time and knows he's off..mentally detached.

Do you think it possible that we could fetch more for a mentally detached player than we would for a semi mentally detached?

Vlaar has come out with a captains cry. Saying we cant blame injuries and they are just as hurt as the fans.

Bullshit. You sit there collecting massive wages and you get to leave at the end of the season to Man Utd on a bigger salary. You couldnt give two stuffs if we got relegated. If you care Ron. Sign a new deal :P.

Sell Vlaar and Delph in January, I say! It's drastic and risky, but let's just get some money, tell them to sling their hooks and bring in replacements who want to be here!

very risky. we would get at most 3 for Vlaar and 6 for Delph. 

"All the players are well aware that we need to do better and start picking up points," the Dutchman said.

"It's still relatively early in the season but the last thing we want is to spend another winter looking over our shoulders towards the bottom of the Premier League table.

"I can certainly appreciate how Villa supporters must be feeling because the players feel exactly the same.

"But I'm convinced that one good result will give us the confidence to put a decent run of games together and start climbing."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/11/07/5909471/vlaar-players-feeling-fans-pain?ICID=HP_BN_3

Sell Vlaar and Delph in January, I say! It's drastic and risky, but let's just get some money, tell them to sling their hooks and bring in replacements who want to be here!

We wouldn't get anything for them because they and their agents wouldn't move.

They would sit tight for 6 more months and get a massive signing on fee.

We wouldn't get anything for them because they and their agents wouldn't move.

They would sit tight for 6 more months and get a massive signing on fee.

Yes, if its their intentions not to sign a new contract, why would they leave in January and potentially not get a massive signing on fee from the new club, which the new club would have used to pay us.

If that was definitely the case then no players would EVER move when they had 6 months left on their contracts, and I'm fairly certain it's happened a few times in the history of football. There could be a number of reasons why they might leave: They don't want to be involved in another relegation battle this season? They are tempted by the buying clubs current competitions that they can take part in (CL/Europa League/possible cup finals)? The buying club might want to get the player without a battle for their signature in the summer, and tell the player that if they don't sign for them in Jan that they might look for alternatives in the summer? I've definitely seen that in the 'transfer rumours' BS section of newspapers before. Zatman, I know it's risky, but right now, with the way things are going, I think I'd rather just let Lambert have that £9m to bring in a defender who stays fit and a cheap Delph replacement.

If that was definitely the case then no players would EVER move when they had 6 months left on their contracts, and I'm fairly certain it's happened a few times in the history of football. There could be a number of reasons why they might leave: They don't want to be involved in another relegation battle this season? They are tempted by the buying clubs current competitions that they can take part in (CL/Europa League/possible cup finals)? The buying club might want to get the player without a battle for their signature in the summer, and tell the player that if they don't sign for them in Jan that they might look for alternatives in the summer? I've definitely seen that in the 'transfer rumours' BS section of newspapers before. Zatman, I know it's risky, but right now, with the way things are going, I think I'd rather just let Lambert have that £9m to bring in a defender who stays fit and a cheap Delph replacement.

Exactly and its another 6 months where they can get injured and lets be honestnot exactly a hard feat at this club.

Â