Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I don't see how Utd is getting into the big time after last season. There's nothing to say that they may not make European football for a few years yet. Chelsea, Man City and to a lesser extent Arsenal and Liverpool are much safer bets for a chance in Europe.

Yes he'll make more money and yes he's much less likely to be caught up in a relegation battle but he could potentially be finishing 7th in the league instead of 15th. Fair enough that's more comfortable but I just don't see Man United being as big a draw as they were under Ferguson.

I hope he thinks like you and not everyone else!

Edited by Nigel

What if on deadline day Utd are panicking because of a lack of options and bid £15m for Vlaar. I think the board would take it and Vlaar would go. Maybe Micah Richards could be a replacement. I know he has played a lot at RB, but I'm sure he has played as a CB as well. 

Just seen on SSN Koeman being asked about Andros Townsend. His reply, "I cant say anything about that". Haha either must be learning or is taking the piss

I'd go for the former, Lambert and Keano would **** him up

What if on deadline day Utd are panicking because of a lack of options and bid £15m for Vlaar. I think the board would take it and Vlaar would go. Maybe Micah Richards could be a replacement. I know he has played a lot at RB, but I'm sure he has played as a CB as well.

No to Richards as a replacement as his injury record is not good. Would accept 15m for Vlaar though. Could bring in 2 decent players with that.

No to Richards as a replacement as his injury record is not good. Would accept 15m for Vlaar though. Could bring in 2 decent players with that.

Not necessarily if it's deadline day

• Like 1

Not necessarily if it's deadline day
True. But I would hope that we have plans in place should we get a big offer for Vlaar.

This is exactly why I cannot relax until the transfer window closes.

This is exactly why I cannot relax until the transfer window closes.

I wouldn't get too worried about ghost stories.

Hard to turn down £15m on a 29 year old in the last 12 months of his contract, although I read yesterday that Lambert wants £20m. Vlaar is the Go-On-Strike sort, but would never begrudge a player a big money move to a club like Man Utd.

Vlaar has only just come good, he can be replaced though. That's football.

He won't go to Utd though, just can't see this happen.

"I know he's in his last year but he won't be moving that's for sure."

Given how cagey Lambert is that must mean that Vlaar is either going to sign a new contract or that there's some kind of agreement in place whereby Vlaar stays this season and will be allowed to leave for free next summer.

• Like 3

Could being the operative word.....in the past we bought in Cuellar,Collins,Dunne,Knight....that too could be the standard of player we would replace him with.

thats the danger.

Could being the operative word.....in the past we bought in Cuellar,Collins,Dunne,Knight....that too could be the standard of player we would replace him with.

thats the danger.

We're not managed by O'Neill anymore.

• Like 1

Â