Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Yeah he may think of teams aren't sure about signing him now, not much may change next season (even if he's free) as it's not like he'll command a massive fee now. May take the less risky option of staying here and guaranteeing himself more money.

People keep trying to tell me Vlaar is too slow. What are all of your reactions to that? I think it is shite. 

Yeah, it's bullshit.

It's a token critique that gets thrown at big centrebacks when people have no other ammunition.

He's not slow and never has been. The Vine above gives you some indication.

As does this list of players at the World Cup in order of top speed:

Speed_zpsca5946a6.png

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

People keep trying to tell me Vlaar is too slow. What are all of your reactions to that? I think it is shite. 

they were trying to say the same on Soccer Saturday or Goals on Sunday as that was reason that Holland went to 3 at teh back in World CUp becauise the defence was slow  :bang:

they were trying to say the same on Soccer Saturday or Goals on Sunday as that was reason that Holland went to 3 at teh back in World CUp becauise the defence was slow  :bang:

The reason they play is because it is LVG preferred formation.

Manure are being played the exact same way. Therefore they need 3 CB, Rojo would be one if he joins and would play on the left hand side. What worries me is that Vlaar has obviously played in this formation successfully for LVG before. However I wonder if Vlaar is a 'big' enough superstar for their board and precious fanbase? Hopefully not and he stays with us!

Edited by DelboyVilla

Manure are being played the exact same way. Therefore the need 3 CB, Rojo would be one if he joins and would play on the left hand side. What worries me is that Vlaar has obviously played in this formation successfully for LVG before. However I wonder if Vlaar is a 'big' enough superstar for their board and precious fanbase? Hopefully not and he stays with us!

Interesting listening to Gary Neville, He says the issue United have is panic buying for me, if LVG wanted Vlaar, there would have been an approach by now IMO. LVG seems to want younger players and possibly has faith in Phil Jones to play the CB role.

Manure are being played the exact same way. Therefore they need 3 CB, Rojo would be one if he joins and would play on the left hand side. What worries me is that Vlaar has obviously played in this formation successfully for LVG before. However I wonder if Vlaar is a 'big' enough superstar for their board and precious fanbase? Hopefully not and he stays with us!

You sure about that? I thought he was always a 4-3-3 man and went 3 at the back because he said that he didn't have the quality of defenders for it.

I think he is disrespecting when you are talking about other team's players when they are still their players. I wouldn't mind if he picked up the phone, but you don't go public on it. That's the thing that annoyed me the most and the stance is still exactly the same with Ron.

Lambo not happy at all. Koeman is a rocket polisher then again im not surprised :P

• Like 1

Interesting listening to Gary Neville, He says the issue United have is panic buying for me, if LVG wanted Vlaar, there would have been an approach by now IMO. LVG seems to want younger players and possibly has faith in Phil Jones to play the CB role.

What LVG wants and what he will be able to get are different things. He was shown conclusively on Saturday that his current squad isn't very effective for 3-5-2. If he hasn't got players in who can play how he wants by the middle of next week, expect an approach for Vlaar, who he knows can play well in his preferred system. Wouldn't really be a "panic buy" would it?

Do you think he needed Saturday to know he needed a CB? He's known all summer he's needed a CB or maybe two. The point being is if his target is Vlaar, he would have been in for him now as he would be gettable. Thats not saying he might not come for him when we are closer to the deadline though as panic buying then comes into effect.

It's been discussed and proven many times how fast he is.

Rumour has it that every night he turns off the light, gets into his pyjamas and gets into bed....

... before it gets dark.

Surely that's Milner?

Also http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28854834

Aston Villa: Paul Lambert angered by Koeman's Vlaar comments

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has accused Southampton manager Ronald Koeman of lacking respect in his apparent pursuit of Ron Vlaar.

Koeman was quoted in the Dutch press last week as saying he would "really like" to have the Netherlands defender at Southampton.

"He is disrespecting when talking about other team's players," said Lambert.

Vlaar, 29, was one of Lambert's first signings at Villa, arriving for a reported £3m fee in the summer of 2012.

The centre-back had previously been at Feyenoord, where he worked under Koeman.

"I wouldn't mind if he picked up the phone, but you don't go public on it," Lambert added on Sky Sports. "That's the thing that annoyed me the most.

"I just thought it was the wrong thing to have done."

Remember Super Mario Kart on the SNES?  You had the quick acceleration karts like Toad and Koopa Troopa and then you had the big lumbering karts, Donkey Kong and Bowser.

Everytime, people would pick either Toad or Koopa Troopa because they're "the fastest" - but, oh! how wrong were those people?!  The fastest karts were Donkey Kong and Bowser... they just took their time to get up to speed.

That's how I see Vlaar.  People look at him and assume he's slow, but he's really not.  He can be caught out on the turn by nimble players (probably his biggest weakness) but in an actual foot race, he's not slow in the slightest.

Edited by bobzy

Â