Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He didn't want to square it to Baker in case he lost it, then went on to lose it himself.

Playing in our side, he's really having to take a lot on his shoulders.

I don't think he's 100% fit myself, but he has to play on or we'd lose every game.

He's probably never going to be 100 % for an extended period of time, but he will still play. And be the best player in our team.

You know he messes up a couple of times trying to pass it out of the back, but I'd rather have that than mindless hoofing all the time. Took the initiative several times from the back to pass it out and assisted Benteke's first goal. Love this guy.

Leadership and composure to be honest.  Looks for a pass, comfortable on the ball.  Against Newcastle he overdid it once (and Remy should've really scored) but it's refreshing alongside Baker who just hoofs it.

Vlaar is great, but I'm a little uneasy about how often he and his CB partner are passed by with short passes behind them. It's happened multiple times in the last few games, and has led to many goals. You can see it's about to happen a second before it happens. Anyway, he is a wonderful player, but this is becoming an issue, I think.

Edited by AVTuco

Has become a little sloppy in recent weeks especially with the ball at his feet which I never usually have concerns about with him.

Overall though such a better season from him than last year. Get that new contract sorted pronto and we might have a back 4 worthy of this great club next season with Okore coming back and hopefully Bertrand signed full time.

Playing well for Holland tonight apparently, just cleared a stone wall chance off the line from Benzema.

I really think getting him on a new deal should be sorted out asap, the longer it goes on the more worried I am that he could get a move in the Summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â