Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Its very difficult for a player when you start playing well, then your benched.

yeah it seemed like he was just getting some consistency and playing well and BAM - benched.

in is weird how every game Lambert seems to get more and more cautious, i figure when Dunne and Vlaar are back Lambert will sack off some more midfielders in favour of flat back 10.

He seems to be getting the Bent treatment..

Not really, he's been getting plenty of opportunities to show what he's worth. It's just that he's been out of the team, on form too it has to be said, when the club has had its best run. As usual he's had a few dazzling moments but doesn't seem to compliment his team mates. The first team and tactics appear to be gelling together unfortunately for Ireland its gelling without him.

Some players react by playing out of their skins when they get a chance to impress, others like Ireland seem to go through the motions. That in itself speaks volumes

He was with the rest on the bench having a laugh and bullying Delph, one of them threw something at Delph's head actually it was quite funny not sure if anybody else saw it.

I think he could have been ill, a bad chest infection is hardly something you run around a pitch with, and if that is the case hats off for at least being there watching the game with the rest of the lads.

i think what we expect of Ireland is unrealistic, when he does play we look a better prospect going forward.

may be we could get someone better but as it is now he is the best we have and until we start finishing at least in the top half of the table there aren't many players who would flock to join us that are better, well British ones at least.

Stevie Ireland is a tough one for me.

Looks like he's got it in his locker, but just can't produce it on a consistent enough basis.

I think a lot of it with him is psychological, and I just feel that his wages could be spent better elsewhere on the squad.

That said about his wages, I don't agree with all the snide remarks made about them - he was offered the contract, and signed it. No person, whatever their job would turn extra money down when it's no strings-attached!

I think Ireland is on the way out and a bit like Bent, Lambert isn't willing to give them game time to disrupt those that are more in his plans going forward. I think a lot of it is down to wages and I think Ireland and Bent know that at this point, they are seeing how much the rest of the team are on and they are anomalies. Yes Ireland and Bent are great players on their day, but with the rest of the squad at this point on practically half their weekly salary and playing as well if not better they are prime for the chopping block.

Â