General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, I for one am anticipating eagerly your response regarding the logo being placed on the pitch... i have to say what a fantastic idea! Possibly could show commitment to acorns putting their logo on the pitch also?

Also would like to add how pleased i am that the club has shown that respect and loyalty are fundamental to AVFC and disciplining Barry has shown the club's stance on the situation- continuing to impress despite raising the bar significantly higher every time!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gen,

If we do have a logo in or around the player tunnel, can it please be way more imaginitve than anything like, 'Welcome To Villa Park'!

I am not suggesting the people responsible for the logo's would show this level of creativity! But maybe some fan's thoughts could assist....After all, even though i've forgotten what your Semper Fidelis means? The Latin sounds damn cool.

PS. Supporting this club is seriously entertaining and fulfilling, ignore the naysayer's and those demanding transfer knowledge, you do your job and i'll do mine - support!

General Krulak here:

1. As you can imagine, these have been two very busy days...sorry I have been off the net.

2. Barry: We are no different than any organization that has people under contract...those people can expect to be treated with respect and dignity and in return, we expect them to abide by the clauses in their contract. When they do not, they can expect to be disciplined. To not do so would be a huge mistake and send the wrong signal to others who are watching this saga. Knowing Randy, the fine money will go where it needs to go. The price for Barry has been set from the very beginning. L'pool knows what that price is. They must meet the price or the deal will not happen. Neither Randy, nor MON nor I believe it is wise to put that price out for all to see....for many reasons. I think you all have seen that we are unwavering on this issue re. Barry...which is all you really need to know. I think most of you can suss out the price if you want to....just know that we are not a feeder club and we are not a bargain basement....we are Aston Villa Football Club!!

2. Randy has NEVER closed his check book....it is open and always has been. Randy has never said no to MON.

3. dcdedi: 1) I was unaware that ManCity has signed Ronaldinho...when did that happen? I thought that they had just mentioned they would like to have him. My friend, talk is cheap!!! 2) Ronaldinho may be the greatest player since Pele...or not. The question is can he "fit" into the ManCity scheme? My point is simple: MON knows what we need to make the Squad stronger....he knows the type of player that does well for him...he knows what a prima donna can do to Squad chemistry. Let the man do his job and if, at the end, he doesn't...then have your go.

4. RossAndreas: I have only said the following to 3 people on all the sites I post on..."Let's agree to disagree." If you believe that the role of the Board of Directors is tied to decent acquisitions, then we will never come to an agreement. Simply put, the Board does not have a role in Player Personnel....that is the job of our Manager and those who support him. The Board supports Villa in many, many, ways but we do NOT get involved in players. I have watched other Boards get involved and cause HUGE problems...both with the NFL and the Premiership. We have learned from both observation and experience that when a Board starts micro-managing the Manager and Coaches, the end is not far off. BAD IDEA!!! If you want to personally hold me accountable for this Transfer Season...fine, I will take it because we will have a good one.

5. keystally: Take your pack of lad and chill....all will be fine. Let's see, how long has the window been "officially" open???

6. paulanddonya: Will do!! I met fabio once and he appeared to be the "real deal." Smart, competent, dedicated.

7. MON knows what day it is and how many days until competition. He also knows the size of the Squad. He also knows what the phone is for, what the fax is for, what personal visits are for, etc. etc. etc. He is NOT sitting on his bum.

. Barry: We are no different than any organization that has people under contract...those people can expect to be treated with respect and dignity and in return, we expect them to abide by the clauses in their contract. When they do not, they can expect to be disciplined. To not do so would be a huge mistake and send the wrong signal to others who are watching this saga. Knowing Randy, the fine money will go where it needs to go. The price for Barry has been set from the very beginning. L'pool knows what that price is. They must meet the price or the deal will not happen. Neither Randy, nor MON nor I believe it is wise to put that price out for all to see....for many reasons. I think you all have seen that we are unwavering on this issue re. Barry...which is all you really need to know. I think most of you can suss out the price if you want to....just know that we are not a feeder club and we are not a bargain basement....we are Aston Villa Football Club!!

you sir, are a true ' villahero '

just know that we are not a feeder club and we are not a bargain basement....we are Aston Villa Football Club!!

Quality :clap::clap::clap:

You told me all I need to know - however, (and I am sure it will be picked up in the media anyway coz your thread seems to be where they find all the info nowadays) I would love this to be released as an official club statement.

That way, - everytime they have "another" bid knocked back - all we have to say is "We have told them what the valuation is, so why are they wasting ours , yours and Gareth Barrys time !!"

Cheers Gen , look forward to the next installment !! and you are right about speculation - if you believe the press we would have had about 25 goalies by now !! as said, I am sure all they do now is go on fan websites and pluck out a rumour from them.

Hi General,

I asked you last year if the club had any plans to target the Irish market, and you said plans were underway. There is a very large group of Villa Fans from Ireland, GOD (aka Paul McGrath) possibly could be used for marketing, the Irish have a very great fondness for McGrath for both his Irish playing days and also his Villa playing days and obviously Martin O'Neil is Irish too

So my question Basically is have you got any update on anything that might target the Irish market?

Hi General,

I asked you last year if the club had any plans to target the Irish market, and you said plans were underway. There is a very large group of Villa Fans from Ireland, GOD (aka Paul McGrath) possibly could be used for marketing, the Irish have a very great fondness for McGrath for both his Irish playing days and also his Villa playing days and obviously Martin O'Neil is Irish too

So my question Basically is have you got any update on anything that might target the Irish market?

Hi Gen,

I second Irish1's request as there are so many Villa Fans over here in Ireland and it has the potential to be a much bigger market!

Oh and Paul McGrath...the man is a legend and my ultimate Villa Hero!!

Cheers

Hi General,

I am just writing to let you know that I will not be renewing my subscription to AVTV when it expires in August.

There are a few reasons, but mainly because of the speed of loading. I have a fairly fast broadband internet connection and I went online to see MON’s interview and after 10 minutes the feed just started to kick in and then I had to wait a further half hour at least so it was buffered enough so I could watch it without interruption.

This has been happening for me on AVTV for the last seven months and nothing has changed on my end. In the beginning (the first three months) it streamed fine.

After I watched the interview I went on the Sky Sports website and saw another link for it and I clicked on it. After about five second s of buffering I watched the 1.45 interview without any trouble and with excellent quality.

Why can’t our own web site, which we subscribe to, work like this?

This reason, along with the bad quality of sound at press conferences and poor quality features (with no sign or word of getting better), has led me to my decision.

Sorry to let you know this but thought you should know and maybe in the future, if improved, I will subscribe again.

But for now I will cancel it.

Thank you

Well done to the club on the whole Barry thing.

I think most of you can suss out the price if you want to....just know that we are not a feeder club and we are not a bargain basement....we are Aston Villa Football Club!!

I'm not given to gushing....

... but to hear this literally brings a tear to the eye. Its what every Villa fan believes and its refreshing not just to hear it from the top brass - but to see it in action (in regard to the whole Barry saga).

Another feather in your cap - if there's room enough for it amongst the others!

For what it is worth from a fan literally thousands of miles away from Villa Park: Thank you.