General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Do not accept 17 million we are so close now to forcing Liverpools hand, quite frankly 15 million and 2 million addons isnt good enough Liverpool will never win the league so we will never see the 2 million its quite simple.

18 million cash or they dont get their man :)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Dave1380, you only have to look at the Skysports transfer centre to see the lack of transfer activity so far. We should not worry just yet.

On another point, which I think was posted a couple of months ago, why do Villa charge more for new shirts in the club shop when some of the sports retail outlets in Birmingham, Merry Hill and alike can charge less. Surely the Villa shop should be as cheap if not cheaper than these places. I brought my from such a place last year because it was £5.00 cheaper. Now I am no retail expert but if I was to buy the new kit at villa park there is a good chance I would buy other items aswell.

Keep up the good work

Hello General,

Firstly, have the club ever thought about putting the words 'The Holte' in lights on the roof of the Holte stand 'inside' the stadium? I sit in the North Stand and on night games I think this would look fantastic! Secondly, during live televised games I've noticed that the cameras focus on the players coming out of the tunnel before a game - again have the club thought about putting the wording - Villa Park, Prepared or even Acorns around the tunnel roof?

Hi General

I know you have already responded on these points, but I think these are great ideas. Branding the stadium can only be a good thing. You will never see a Liverplop game without the cameras focusing on "This is Anfield" inside the tunnel.

People all over the world watch Premiership football and they should be under no illusion that the game is being played at one of the most famous stadiums in the world.

Can I also apologise for some of the sometimes silly and sometimes plain rude comments/statements people post on here. I think in may ways the "text generation" have forgotten about common courtesy.

Plus after over a year of your wonderful thread I think some people have become a bit Blasé about this incredible unique facilty that we, and no other fans have.

I thank you for your continued involvement full stop, and dignity in responding to a lot of the silliness.

Hi General,

Thank you for your pleasing comments re:Barry and transfers. I know you've had to repeat yourself a lot since the end of the season on certain issues, but it is appreciated to be constantly reminded that someone at the club is committed to how fans are dealing with and interpreting situations.

That said, whilst I have full faith in MON, we are nearing the start of our own season very shortly, with the trip to Finland only a couple of weeks away, and whilst we are strong in midfield and upfront, we only have one senior goalkeeper and three senior defenders on our books at the moment (excluding injured players). I am assuming that this will be dramatically improved in the next couple of weeks, but if the situation has not changed, can this be seen as anything other than a failure to our start of season preparations? I mean, no team should be underestimated, and a couple of injuries could really damage our hopes of European football come August and September. Are you able to tell how this would fit in with our plans, or is it a boardroom/managerial issue only?

This is not a rant about transfer policy, mearly an observation. I believe MON will change this situation, but be warned that if it stays much the same by our first competitive match, you may expect some unhappy comments on this thread. Thanks for your time.

P.S. If you need me at right-back, don't hesitate to PM.

General,

Would just like to add to the things people have been saying about MON's stance. I believe it shows that no player is bigger that the club and if you step out of line you will be punished for it. I should hope that the players respect MON even more so on their return to training tomorrow and realise what he has done was so not to 'upset the apple cart'.

Maybe we should have taken this stance with that pesky Spaniard a few weeks ago...?

General Krulak here:

1. ferguson1. You raised some points that I honestly don't think we have given much thought to...and they are good ones. I will pass them on.

Sounds good. On a similar theme I'd love to see the club badge at an angle on the grass next to the goals so it showed up nice and bold when games are televised.

I think today, whatever most people thought beforehand - I think 99% are now united on this (wonder what I am talking about ?) - thank the club and who-ever has done it.

What I would like to say is - remember the last two years and comments like "we have put our trust in you - don't let us down" and "we have had false dawns before - please don't let this be another one" - well , we needed to be shown that these were not just words but it was real - I think now we realise it is. When people talked about teh "acid test" about 2 months ago - it wasn't about what happened on the pitch - it meant this is the acid test of whether Randy is really gonna try and achieve what he says.

Whatever the outcome - test passed - you can now remove your L plates !!!.

And finally - what would just be perfect now (and I hope this happens) is we buy two quality replacements, we don't sell Barry - we drop him and tell him if he thinks he is so good, then earn his place back in his team.

Can I ask a favour - and I really do mean this - if / when you see MON - and if this is still going on, don't give him advice, that isn't what you / we are there for - but can you just PLEASE give him one line from me (and I would presume a lot on here)

"What would Cloughie do here ?" - thats all - please just say that to him

Cheers

General,

I'd like to say thank you for the way we are showing that we do not intend to be anyones lap dog and dance to their tune. Someone needes to take a stand against this sort of bullying by so called big clubs and I am proud that it is us. Benitez and Liverpool have come up against a dangerous combination of American stubornness and a mad Irishman. Anyway, a couple of questions:

1) Do you think that AVFC has the potential to generate as much income as the Browns?

and

2) Will the bus service be running a normal match day service for the home intertoto match?

Cheers and keep up the tough stance, don't show any signs of creaking and weakness.

General-just a question.

Has Barry put in an Official transfer request? if not can the club demand he does, that way he wont be entitled to 'loyalty' payments, or does his comments mean he loses them anyway?

Congrats on the way the club has handled this

General:

If Villa don't get an acceptable bid for Barry now...

What do you believe happens to him? Do we let him rot in the stands or do you think O'Neill will try to bring Barry back into the fold?

Will Barrys fined wages go to Acorns?

What a good idea! Do that and I'll guarantee the footballing world will love us (albeit temporarily).

It is standard practice in the NFL (and the other US leagues) to donate the fined wages to the league's designated charity (in the NFL's case, the United Way).

Gen

I doubt whether you are a position to reply but it's worth a go.

On the OS today MON on Barry stalemate - it states what we all know anyway. However, it doesn't say what will happen if Liverpool don't match our valuation ?

I presume the journalist must have asked - its the obvious question - so can I ask it.

I would really hope now we don't say "thats close enough - do the deal" - I hope it is a put up or shut up situation I really do, but I think,( and I am not having a go, it is just my opinion) that we will do a compromise and that is why we haven't publically said the figure we want. If we said publically 18m and accepted, say 16 - it would look like we are backing down. But if we accept 16m we can still say - that was our valuation. If this isn't the case - why don't we just publish the said figure and then people can see what fools Liverpool are being (however, they can anyway - I even heard Talk Sport saying this morning how well, and how badly Villa and Barry are coming out of this)

Also , on the subject but from a different angle. Have you met fabio capello when he has attended a game, if so, what is he like on discipline etc., and what do you think his take on Barrys comments will be - do you think that it may effect his England career where-ever he is ?