General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. MYSTERYMAN: I like the banner. At the same time, I wish the fans would rally around an anthem...or at least a few choices. I would just hate for the Club to "dictate" an anthem. Get three that everyone could "live with" and then have a vote.

2. Fan Swap. There is no doubt that the Villa Fans could show the Browns Fans a wee bit about noise. Of course some of the language would need to be changed a bit.

3. On shirt sizes, please call John Greenfield and see if he can sort this out...or at least explain where we are. (Better than I did.)

4 Patriot Fan...and also a Red Sox fan...OUCH!!!!

General -

My dad (Neil) and his girlfriend (Claire) have recently opened a pub in the City. It's called the Gough Arms and is situated on the corner of Upper Gough Street and Marshall Street. We're hoping to aim our daytime trade at business men like yourself looking for a nice friendly atmosphere to have a bit of lunch and perhaps a meeting or two. We've even got WiFi!

I know you're a busy man, but if you're ever in the area and fancy some scran we'd be honoured to have you, I'll even treat you to a pint! Same for Randy too or infact anybody associated with the club.

Yours, Dave.

Edit - The free pint is only available to you, Randy or Martin. I'm not a billionaire you know :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. MYSTERYMAN: I like the banner. At the same time, I wish the fans would rally around an anthem...or at least a few choices. I would just hate for the Club to "dictate" an anthem. Get three that everyone could "live with" and then have a vote.

2. Fan Swap. There is no doubt that the Villa Fans could show the Browns Fans a wee bit about noise. Of course some of the language would need to be changed a bit.

3. On shirt sizes, please call John Greenfield and see if he can sort this out...or at least explain where we are. (Better than I did.)

4 Patriot Fan...and also a Red Sox fan...OUCH!!!!

General the banners are now well into manufacture and will be ready for the next home game I am liasing with Russell Jones on this and I believe plans are in place to have them properly secured in the Holte End along with other one . We have had to remake the 12th man banner because it got ripped in the winds so its crucial we ensure that they are fixed down properly , can't wait to see the affect it will have on the ground .Can you imagine the watching tv audiences when they see those banners its Villa leading the way again and it will get copied by other clubs .

Russell tells me the banners have been very well received and would like to thank you for your support on this .

Re the Bells are ringing some good points by a lot of people about it being difficult to force it on people as an anthem but I feel by making people aware and getting a few of the older lads to start singing it again it will naturally come about as the anthem .

Re the Bells are ringing some good points by a lot of people about it being difficult to force it on people as an anthem but I feel by making people aware and getting a few of the older lads to start singing it again it will naturally come about as the anthem .

how about promoting this anthem before kick off for a home game?? handing it leaflets of teh anthem for people to learn? what you think general?

General Krulak here:

1. My view on the anthem remains the same. I think that the fans should propose, through the Supporter's Group, several appropriate songs for use as an anthem. The Club would put them to a "vote" and the top vote-getter becomes the song. Like a badge, you cannot please everyone, everytime but....to have the Club dictate the anthem seems to me to be opening up the Club for massive stick...or having an anthem that the Fans had nothing to do with and therefore no pride in it.

General, Sir;

I have a request regarding the new website. Is there any chance we can have a better section for the Academy? The current area of the current site is a mess, and isnt anywhere detailed enough. Our Academy has done some fantastic work over the last 10 years or more and the current half-assed recognition they get on our website isnt fair (not the current boards fault I know).

The match reports are basic, and the player profiles are non-existent bar a picture.

Not a huge part of the site changes Im sure, but Id be delighted if there was a better Academy section and Im sure a lot of other fans would be too.

I'll even volunteer to go to most home games and do match reports!

UTV

General krulak here:

1. John's contact number: 01213261507.

2. MYSTERYMAN: We need to get a write up in program on banners....you are a star.

Thanks so much for your efforts General,

I have spoken to John in person over the weekend and just as an FYI to all the other larger villains John has said that sizes bigger than XXL will NOT be available this season but should be in future seasons.

Have to say i'm disappointed cos i cant get a new shirt - lets hope that nice black training top is still available next time around :)

but again thanks alot for all the help General and keep up the good work

Hi General,

A quick football question from a long time football fan but first time browns supporter

1. The QB situation seems to be an issue after the first game of the season. Granted the steelers are a good team but frye got pulled and anderson didnt do much better. Do you think Brady Quinn should get some game time? I understand he's young but young kids often have the no fear attitude that can be useful against the better teams (I'm thinking about the bengals next up)

2. Who is the browns biggest rivals ( I need to know who I hate as it were). Would I be correct if I guessed the bengals (both ohio teams)? Or is it the Ravens given the history there?

3. How do you rate Jamal Lewis as a runner? Would you be concerned that he is more of a 3rd down back given his lack of speed and that opposing defences might stick 8 in the box as they know he wont beat them deep. Do Cleveland have any other rusher that could offer a 1-2 punch similar to the redskins or the colts last season, like a speed runner that could compliment Jamal?

4. Who are the browns players to look out for this season, Winslow? Davis?

5. Finally what would be a good season this year, 6-10? 8-8?

General krulak here:

1. Villa89: First off, the game was a HUGE disappointment...it really was. We just did not show up...did not play. My sense is that Quinn will get his chance, sooner THAN later/ It is always risky to put a rookie in there at such an important position but we need to do something. Our biggest rival, beyond a doubt. is the Ravens...followed by Pittsburgh. Jamal Lewis is a very capable back who had a bad day...offensive line failed to open holes for him. He holds the NFL record for the most yards in a single game. Look for Winslow, Edwards (flanker) and Quinn. 8-8 would be great.

So have we / Cleveland Browns benefits from our partnership. Do we shares resources and information ? Apart from Luke Moore's shoulder operation. I would like to see examples.

I think it should be an article in future matchdays program or magazine.

Do our academy gym have ice cold - freezing factilities to improve injuries recovering or what ever it is used for. I seen something on TV about Bolton.

When I went to ticket office today about 3.15pm ish there was only 2 staff serving about 12 people and I have to wait about 20 minutes for service. I did get good service from the staff. Should there be more 1 or 2 more staff serving ?

I would like to see a touch screen stuff for looking at stadium seat availability for match so we could choose seat ourselves easier.

Gen

I was genuinely gutted when I saw the Browns score last night, my adopted team taking the heaviest loss of the opening weekend was surely not what was planned. I first thought how Randy must feel....

Can I ask, does coming off a weekend such as last when Villa beat Chelski cause a comparison in Randy's mind? I'm sure he is a very mellow man, but does success at either end ever influence the other?

Also out of interest, how much publicity amongst Browns fans do Villa actually get? Were they made aware at the game of our victory last week and do they support Randy and his investment over here?

Cheers

Jon

General ,

In the 70's Villa supporters started a craze off of bringing balloons to the match and I mean thousands of balloons we used to fill away ends with balloons and then when the team came out on the pitch the balloons would be let off . One of may pals was talking to Dennis Mortimer about it last night here is his email :

' Just been with Dennis,and we were talking about his time as a villa player.

We got onto the subject of the banners and making Villa Park a more intimidating place!

I mentioned the days of the balloons and when Villa ran out the whole ground would let them off.

He told me how good it was and that the opposition players even commented on how they wished it would happen with their fans.

What do you think?

Why don't me and you supply pre- blown up claret and blue balloons for the next match!

The reason for being pre -blown up is that Villa may have a health and safety issue if they are not. '

What are your thoughts ?