General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General

Just a quick question have u been watching the rugby world cup its quite different from american football we had a good game against USA the other night i dont fancy us to get much further though we have to many injuries to key personnel

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey General

Thanks for all your attention to this board, I can't imagine how much time you dedicate to it. I for one sure appreciate it!

My inquiry is in regards to the atmosphere of VP. I love the idea of the balloons, should add some great pictures for the televised matches, as well as get everyones blood pumping Claret and Blue. What I was wondering was - is it possible to get some BIG flags? I'm not quite sure of the rules and regs getting the HUGE waving flags into VP, but I'd sure like to change it if they are not allowed! I remember in the 70s and 80s seeing the monstrous flags being waved, is it possible to add these to the home matches? What can we do to get them back in the park, besides just hanging them up?

I think balloons, scarves and flags should all be banned. After all if my plastic bottle cap is confiscated on entry just think what I could do with a balloon, a scarf and a flag :roll:

Sorry, but some posts deleted - can we please keep this thread for comments/questions for the General, so he doesn't have so many pages to go through to find stuff that needs answering, and so people can find if their question has already been asked . Thanks. Blandy

General Krulak here:

1. MYSTERYMAN: You are killing me...my last name is Krulak...not Krulack. There is a Krulack family but they are primarily ax-murderers and perverts.

2. Big flags. We are currently in the process of getting some big (HUGE)flags made...we will be showing the potential choices and having fans vote on the one they like the most. I know, VERY dangerous after the Badge issue.

3. If the balloons "work", i am sure we can sell them.

General Krulak here:

1. MYSTERYMAN: You are killing me...my last name is Krulak...not Krulack. There is a Krulack family but they are primarily ax-murderers and perverts.

2. Big flags. We are currently in the process of getting some big (HUGE)flags made...we will be showing the potential choices and having fans vote on the one they like the most. I know, VERY dangerous after the Badge issue.

3. If the balloons "work", i am sure we can sell them.

:lol: Sorry boss thank god I aint doing the spell checks on the Banners :winkold: Many apologies General Krulak

Gen

You'll think this is wierd I reckon.

On the subject of balloons etc..

One of the other things that used to look superb in those days which died out was the throwing of toilet rolls !!

You hold on to one end - chuck the roll and it streams out like a giant party popper.

Every ground used to do it but I think it was banned coz people were nicking the rolls out of the loos.

If we brought our own - can we bring them in to chuck em - or will they be confiscated

General Krulak ,

Reference the balloons I have got in touch with the local press who are going to run a story on it now you have given the ok , could the Club advertise it on the website ? The more publicity the better and this will just make people aware !

Would the club consider further banners in the Trinity Road ? Funded by the supprters.

Would the club allow flag waving banners similar to the ones you see at major racing events but of a reasonable size which would all add to the match day atmosphere ?

Gen

You'll think this is wierd I reckon.

On the subject of balloons etc..

One of the other things that used to look superb in those days which died out was the throwing of toilet rolls !!

You hold on to one end - chuck the roll and it streams out like a giant party popper.

Every ground used to do it but I think it was banned coz people were nicking the rolls out of the loos.

If we brought our own - can we bring them in to chuck em - or will they be confiscated

Id further this suggestion with the possible selling of claret rolls and sky blue rolls???

General Krulak here:

1. Toilet Paper. I am afraid that this would not be viewed in a positive light by the Club...for lots of reasons. You are correct, the loos would soon be out of TP but, more importantly, there could be "stoppage" in play as fans throw the rolls and paper gets on the field. The clean up crew, after the game, would have to be increased...which costs money and would not "benefit" the Club. Expenditure without benefit is not a good thing.

2. Flares. Illegal.

3. Balloons. The Club is ready to support....MYSTERYMAN, please pm John Handley so you all can coordinate. He knows you will be contacting him.

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, it was a great win for the Browns...against a quality team. At the same time, without sounding disloyal, I would have rather seen a Villa victory. I am, like all fans, disappointed by the result. This is one that we should have taken 3 points....and we got none. I am very sad.

2. There is basically no way that we could watch a Browns and Villa game on the same day...time differences make it almost impossible.

2. There is basically no way that we could watch a Browns and Villa game on the same day...time differences make it almost impossible.

The only time I can think of it working is if there's a Sunday noon kickoff for a derby game and the Browns are scheduled for the Sunday night game...

(Times are Eastern US time)

7am kickoff at VP

9am game ends

noon takeoff from BHX

7pm Gulfstream V (I'd have to assume that Randy has one...) lands at Cleveland airport

8:30pm kickoff at Cleveland Browns Stadium...

The Browns will have to get good enough to have enough Sunday night games and blooze or baggies will have to get good enough to stay in the Prem for more than half of the time in order for this configuration to ever become likely!

General Krulak here:

1. Toilet Paper. I am afraid that this would not be viewed in a positive light by the Club...for lots of reasons. You are correct, the loos would soon be out of TP but, more importantly, there could be "stoppage" in play as fans throw the rolls and paper gets on the field. The clean up crew, after the game, would have to be increased...which costs money and would not "benefit" the Club. Expenditure without benefit is not a good thing.

2. Flares. Illegal.

3. Balloons. The Club is ready to support....MYSTERYMAN, please pm John Handley so you all can coordinate. He knows you will be contacting him.

Generl Krulak ,

Had a response from John see below and spoke with him on phone good bloke !

I am aware of the balloon proposal and of the history as my wife is a long term Holte Ender and has described the days of the 1970’s to me. I have corresponded with the General to tell him that I do not have any problem with the proposal, although I would like to cover off a few points. I do not regard myself as a ‘jobsworth’ (who does?) but I do have the responsibility for the safety and security of ALL on a match day. That responsibility sometimes requires me to ask questions that some would perceive as pedantic. I also have to bear in mind that it is difficult to play a game of football with balloons drifting across the pitch!

It would be good if we could have a chat about this, and work out the way forward. I do not think that the club will be able to place balloons on seats, we really do not have the staff to do that, but I do promise you that we will do our best to assist. You and I can work together to achieve what you want. Not a problem!