General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

As a few folks have raised the issue of the new North Stand, I wondered whether or not future development of Villa Park might include a new fascade for the Trinity Road Stand. I have never been able to understand how the old regime could describe the stand as "magnificent" when it is so lacking in style and looks so cheap. There is some token brickwork but many of the window "spaces" are boarded up with steel and the main walls are all metal as well. The cost of replacing the metalwork with brick would be high, I know that, but it would certainly give Villa Park a more classy feel and go some way to healing the hurt that many of us felt when Mr Ellis sanctioned the demolition of the old masterpiece which preceded it.

In regard to possible alterations to the Trinity and the design of the new North Stand, can I also suggest your getting in touch with Simon Inglis, a huge Villa fan and one of the foremost experts on stadium design and aesthetics. If you haven't already read it, I'm sure you would enjoy his book "Villa Park: One Hundred Years".

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

Right now you'll be tucking into posh nosh in you 1st class seat , so I won't expect an answer for a few days.

At the Fulham game I was looking at the Holte roof and wondering about the atmosphere - It occurred to me , because the roof doesn't meet up with the trinity / Witton - the sound would rise and escape into the air.

Could the roof be extended to ensure the sound remains in the stadium - surely wouldn't cost that much and the benefit would be enormous.

3 hours, 24 mins to go !!!

Paul

PS - and if Randy was in US when Knight / Davies signed- I think the question whether he needs to be with MON when transfers go through has been answered !!

General,

Now that the transfer window as closed could I ask you to pass on mine and I believe the majority of fans support to the players that will now be representing our great club till January at least.

I believe we have done extremely well in the transfer window and have bought in players that will take the club forward, some for many years to come. As you would expect, and we should respect, not everyone is of the same opinion but I do believe that 99.9% of supporters will now get behind the players and act as the 12th man.

General,

Any chance of having a word in Hercules the lions ear and tell him to get his furry arse down to the cheap seats at half time so the kids ( my 4 year old in particular ) can have a pat and shake his fluffy hand, at Fulham him and is missus were waving from afar but didn't venture down, when the second half kicked off he went up the side of the trinty and the lad insisted we go get that lion ! Obviously as soon as we were out of sight of he pitch we scored !

Oh and could you also make it a punishable offence for kids to tell daddy over and over that they want to go home only for said daddy to give in 30 secs before we get the winner !!

:)

UTV

General,

Congrats to Martin on the team on the capture of Davies, Nigel Reo Coker and Carson. Three extremely talented, young English players and, as MON said, the players he wanted at the start of the summer.

Can't wait to see the new team playing and getting the results on the pitch

But as I said previously - maybe less of the nailbiting ending next time round. I'm sure the GDP in the Midlands took a significant hit with so many workers checking their radios or the web every five minutes for the final two weeks of the transfer window.

Hi General. First time I've posted in this thread, but I wondered if the club has any partner airlines? I'm moving to Amsterdam soon and am considering getting a season ticket at Villa Park for the first time since I left England 6 years ago. If the club had a partner airline I might be able to book my flights for a special rate to ensure I can afford to get home to the games...

Worth a shot I guess.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi General. First time I've posted in this thread, but I wondered if the club has any partner airlines? I'm moving to Amsterdam soon and am considering getting a season ticket at Villa Park for the first time since I left England 6 years ago. If the club had a partner airline I might be able to book my flights for a special rate to ensure I can afford to get home to the games...

Worth a shot I guess.

Cheers,

Rob

ceck out this site they fly into birmingham, i usually pay between 40 and 50 pounds return

http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/en/index.aspx?&LinkId=133

There are a couple of others i'm sure.

Hi General,

As a few folks have raised the issue of the new North Stand, I wondered whether or not future development of Villa Park might include a new fascade for the Trinity Road Stand. I have never been able to understand how the old regime could describe the stand as "magnificent" when it is so lacking in style and looks so cheap. There is some token brickwork but many of the window "spaces" are boarded up with steel and the main walls are all metal as well. The cost of replacing the metalwork with brick would be high, I know that, but it would certainly give Villa Park a more classy feel and go some way to healing the hurt that many of us felt when Mr Ellis sanctioned the demolition of the old masterpiece which preceded it.

In regard to possible alterations to the Trinity and the design of the new North Stand, can I also suggest your getting in touch with Simon Inglis, a huge Villa fan and one of the foremost experts on stadium design and aesthetics. If you haven't already read it, I'm sure you would enjoy his book "Villa Park: One Hundred Years".

Fantastic post, I agree with all of it. The new Trinity and it's fascade has been buggimg me since it went up. I really hope Randy and co have something up their sleeve to add to the new stand to take away it's 'tackyness' and return it to something like it's former glory.

I look forward to reading what the General has to say about this.

General, just another positive comment regarding the kits, I was recently watching something which was taped in Orlando Florida last Monday & saw 3 people wearing out new shirt, one of which was the away one! Good to see even more publicity & exposure.

general please pass on our thanks To MON, Randy and the players for todays great result, it was one of my all time favourite Villa moments. This is my first year as a season ticket holder and im loving every minute of it...

Were you at the game? If so I think you'll agree than not only thew players but the fans were immense today aswell, we need to keep this up and turn it into fortress Villa Park..

General,

Any chance of having a word in Hercules the lions ear and tell him to get his furry arse down to the cheap seats at half time so the kids ( my 4 year old in particular ) can have a pat and shake his fluffy hand, at Fulham him and is missus were waving from afar but didn't venture down, when the second half kicked off he went up the side of the trinty and the lad insisted we go get that lion ! Obviously as soon as we were out of sight of he pitch we scored !

Oh and could you also make it a punishable offence for kids to tell daddy over and over that they want to go home only for said daddy to give in 30 secs before we get the winner !!

UTV

Scrub the contract on the furry ones sir, they came and said hello !! :D

General.......I actually left a couple of minutes early to go to Ramseys - good news! The queues were minimal and cider was available!

On the downside, I didnt see you there......and the toilets .....lets just say a gasmask was in order to get through the nicotine smoke

General the catering was a hell of a lot better today and if anybody complains shoot them, the guys manning the bottle bars cleared the queues so fast there was no queue!

The smoking in the toilets has got out of hand, one steward just stood there and when i asked him if he was going to do something he had a point when he said " i am on my own" the lads smoking just laughed at him and mocked him. I spoke to a senior steward who said he had the same problem, he went in and he was laughed at but again he was on his own. He asked me personally to complain as it was getting worse but their safety is at risk while on their own.

I think he said they were having smoke alarms fitted but he said you still need the manpower to eject the fans when caught.

I hope you enjoyed today as much as we did!

Up the Villa

General

One comment about the catering..

Is it normal for the kiosks to be closed about 10 mins after H/T?

I wanted a Coke and couldn't get one..

It was a sore throat from all the cheering that did it..

Is that part of the licencing law?

General,

Great win today I can't believe. I am over the moon with joy at the fact that Zat Knight scored on his debut, I couldn't think of anything greater than for a Villa fan living the dream to score on his debut, please pass on mine and everyone elses congratulations and remind him we are all jealous.

A slight issue for you to look into. A mate of mine bought the Daily Star today (not my paper of choice) and I was absolutely disgusted to see that they are still using our old badge/crest in their print. It's not only us but Middlesbrough as well. Its yet more poor journalism from this dire newspaper and I was hoping you could hint to Mr Fitzgerald to put them straight.

Cheers

Jon

General good to meet you and the ' second coming ' aka RL and great to see his son decked out in Villa kit .

Re the banners unfortunately the 12TH man one in the Holte wasn't fixed properly am assured it will be sorted out for next game , met the marketing man Russell Jones today he was very helpful but probably feels stuck in the middle .

I spoke with Mr Lerner who loves the banners now lets get the other two done for the Holte as 2 isn't enough it needs to have a minumum of 4 with all the other fans bringing their's aswell and hopefully somebody will get a brain and stop putting banners over banners , there is enough room for all !

General re the pm you had and the latest designs can you just give the nod to Russell and Richard Fitzgerald and I will get the ball rolling .

Top day and top result , Randy sure likes Ashley Young doesn't he !

General the catering was a hell of a lot better today and if anybody complains shoot them, the guys manning the bottle bars cleared the queues so fast there was no queue!

The smoking in the toilets has got out of hand, one steward just stood there and when i asked him if he was going to do something he had a point when he said " i am on my own" the lads smoking just laughed at him and mocked him. I spoke to a senior steward who said he had the same problem, he went in and he was laughed at but again he was on his own. He asked me personally to complain as it was getting worse but their safety is at risk while on their own.

I think he said they were having smoke alarms fitted but he said you still need the manpower to eject the fans when caught.

I hope you enjoyed today as much as we did!

Up the Villa

Not much can take away from the superb result today - superb!

I don't want the club to get prosecuted though so I thought I would add to the other smoking reports.

The toilets in the Holte Upper had a number of Half Time smokers. I saw a steward walk through, look at them, and walk out - but I guess he was outnumbered.

Surely this is something the Police could assist with - they are often in the Holte end anyway - checking to see if anyone is standing up - so maybe they should be called to keep the toillets smoke free.

Hopefully they won't get over zealous and start arresting people who are standing up in there too :D