General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Another idea I have just thought of.

we have three major gateways to Villa

A34 - Birmingham Road

A38 - Tyburn Road

Heartlands Spine road

Sponsor the welcome to Birmingham signs on these roads with the slogan underneath

Home of Aston villa - Birmingham's PREMIER Club

make people fully aware of whose terriority it is

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sir and welcome to Aston Villa.

May i say just this little thing means so much to so many people. Only a few months ago, this would have been impossable.

I have 2 suggestions.

1. Its only a little thing, but it matters to me. Is there any chance of getting the words "FOOTBALL CLUB" or "F.C." back on the club badge? Its not a biggie, i just hate the fact Aston Villa (and other clubs) have become more brands than football clubs.

2. Its a big thing to me. Villaworld has the worst commentator in the world. And im not over exaggerting either. Im not one for complaining either, or for getting people the sack. But he is truly awful. I just wish you could listen once. We dont know whats happening in the game, he talks utter rubbish, and his not even a Villa fan.

Thats all really. I already like what im hearing. Building for success and building a club, is worth way more than a club selling its soul and winning things like Chelsea. Although i would enjoy the ride, i dont think Chelsea have been successful more Abromovich has brought success.

Anyway welcome and enjoy the sunny sights of Birmingham.

Agreed. Please get rid of Jack Woodward (the Villaworld commentator). It sounds terrible I know, however if someone can't perform their job then they should be sacked.

For those of us who can't always get to games due to business oversees and other work-related commitments (as you can appreciate, General) the commentary is often our only source for coverage of the games, and Woodward is truly an embarassment.

WOW, welcome general, yourself and Randy are already Legends in Villa fans eyes! I would like to welcome Randy, Yourself and the board of directors (Bob Kaine and Michael Martin) to Aston Villa!

I am gobsmacked that you have came on here and speaking to the fans! and i hope we all share in success in the hopefully not to distant future!

Also about the pint business, organise a night at the Holte Inn once it's finished and we can all come and buy you and Randy a pint then!!! :)

Also will the fans be allowed to come to Annual Meeting to meet and greet the new board at end of November. That will bring everyone together even more? Would love to hear the plans for the Villa at the meeting?

Also General,have you and Randy got a favorite player? who you have enjoyed watching out the team? Frank Lampard is Red Roms at Chelsea would be interested in hearing which Villa player you have taken to straight away :)

What do you think to Gabby Agbonlahor?

In regards to the VillaWorld commentary, i think going back to the days of Ian Crocker would be brilliant.

In my opinion he was the only one who commentated with real passion for the Midlands clubs while back at BRMB. If the General with all his wisdom could see fit bringing back Crocker, the Villa fans who are unable to get to the game would be able to listen to the commentary with some gusto and care for the team, rather than the limp wristed twoddle they have at the moment.

Chris

I will add down some of my ideas here :-

1) Improve supporter communication. This has already improved on the OS but we have a large number of people who read the mail. Is it possible to take out a regular advert/Column on a Thursday updating teh fans on latest news, ticket sales, away games, MON's thoughts etc.

2) The Holte lower concourse as the General acknowledged is to narrow. So would it be possible to use the Holte Suite as I think you can access from the Holte lower to it to eas the congestion

3) Offer once a season the chance for ST holders to purchase tickets at £1 for a mate for say the likes of Fulham

4) Hold regular forums with players, manager, staff int he Holte Suite, if there are any action points get this reported back on

5) Supporters club is a must and have aliason officer to the club so complaints and praise can be forwarded to the right people

6) Open up franchise shops in local towns like Redditch, Cheltenham etc, maybe do a deal through Asda, tesco etc, so tickets could be sold

7) Lets face it Aston is not a nice area, it does not encourage people to come to VP out of games, work with the council, local people so that Villa is the centre of the community

Get players to visit local schools, within three miles is the biggest school in Europe - Great barr, nearly 2000 kids, massive future support

9) Improve the match day presentation, it is shambolic and does not generate the passion we want to see, get the razzamatazz in there

10) Get VP lit up at night. illuminate the palce so everyone on the M^ can see it, make it a mecca like St James Park is

All ideas cost money if they work it creates a positive forward looking and most importantly a club that is attractive to go to, the future is bright and with Randy, MON and the fans together the future is unlimited.

All of these suggestions are good ones. I am collecting and

providing to those who need to take action many of the suggestions that have

appeared on this site. Others, I have put in my own "to do" folder. Those

that can be done and done quickly, we will act. Those that take a bit more

thought, we will begin the thought process.

Again, we cannot do everything overnight...we all realize that

fact. What is important is that each suggestion will have its "day in

court" and those that make good sense will, in fact, happen.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General, after supporting a club drowning in a sea of mediocrity for too long than I care to remember, it is an astonishing pleasure to have someone with your attitude connected to Aston Villa. We were great, we will be great once more.

Have welcomed you "elsewhere" General, but keep spreading the word. It's great that you've taken the time and trouble to see the thoughts and feelings of the Villa masses.

Long may it continue.

Guest RantinRob
Any chance of the half time cheer leaders then?

That would make sense!!

Can't see em properly from the Upper Holte..........just send em up to K2 Row 5 :-)

General,

I would like to thank you, Mr Lerner and Mr O'Neill for waking my beloved club from the coma it has been in for over two decades. I now support an Aston Villa being run the way it should be, the way it deserves to be - with repect, skill and vision.

I certainly don't excpect miracles overnight. It will take years to get us to where we all want to be but i see that as a positive. We've got years of progress and improvement to look forward to - a complete contrast to what we had become used to.

We WILL achieve again for two reasons:

1) The leadership provided by you and Mr Lerner off the field - the best board of directors a club could wish for.

2) The leadership of Mr O'Neill, Mr Robertson and Mr Walford on the field - the best management team a club could wish for.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. Aston Villa means a hell of a lot to a hell of a lot of people and you should be proud of the fact that you've managed to put the smiles back onto tens of thousands of people's faces where misery once reigned.

I salute you sir.

Simon

I am sitting in San Diego California with my 93 year old father who says to

pass on the following: Up the Villa!!!

Again, my father wishes each of the Villa Fans well...and looks forward to

good reports throughout the season. I told him that the tradition and ethos

of Aston Villa was second to none.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

Thank you for your prompt response to our comments and please return our good wishes to your father in San Diego.

It is extremely refreshing to be hearing about the changes in progress at Villa Park and the thousands of Villa fans are 150% behind your new Board of Directors and Martin O'Neill's management team from top to bottom.

This new era at Villa Park is so long overdue. Randy Lerner's leadership has the capacity to not only change things for the better at Aston Villa but beyond that it could be the model of what can be achieved for an entire community.

The famous American Margaret Mead once said "

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

General Krulak, in the past few months we have seen the beginnings of the change for the better at Aston Villa. The morale of the players and fans alike has been boosted to a new level and we fans have regained our enthusiasm.

I strongly believe from what I have seen and heard so far at Villa Park that the new board embodies what Margaret Mead was talking about 70 odd years ago and you obviously have "the right stuff" .

Thank you .

Welcome General to Aston Villa

I can't believe what's happened to our club over the last few weeks. We've gone from despair to joy in just a short time and I hope that you and Mr Lerner have plenty of joyous times here with us at the Villa.

It'll take time to come but as the Cup matches are showing the supporters now believe something positive is occuring at our club with tickets selling out in in a couple of days, brilliant!

Let the good times roll!

Up the Villa!