General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

1. Please consider the stadium developments carefully. You may not be aware that Simon Inglis, a Villa fan, is also the foremost authority on the history and development of UK football stadia. He published a book entitled 'Football Grounds of Britain' and would serve as an excellent consultant.

I for one would like to see the corners filled in, but not necessarily in the soulless (my opinion) athletics stadium type that has been favoured at Old Trafford and the Emirates. Ibrox stadium in Glasgow is worth a look.

2.Last season I was a corporate guest for a game in the North Stand. The service and standard of the food served was appalling, in my opinion unacceptable. I did not complain as I did not wish to embarrass my host, but the hospitality side of the business, if not already addressed, could do with looking at. Last season's experience made me shelve plans to host my own clients at a later fixture.

3. This one for everyone else. Please forget the Witton Lane/Doug Ellis Stand thing. The last regime lacked respect for the supporters and (most of) the employees of the club. Respect is the bye word of the new regime. Respect for the history of the club, respect for the supporters, respect for the players and management, and respect for everyone, including their predecessors. Don't knock it. I for one find it incredibly refreshing.

Absolutely agree with these points.

1) I think we had an ideal opportunity to do something like they managed at Ibrox when they redesigned the Trinity stand, and lost it completely! Yet Ibrox has managed to keep the traditions and bring the stadium bang up to date. Well worth a look imo.

2) I also know someone who was involved as a corporate guest in the North Stand last year, and they also commented the service and food wasn't as good as they would have expected (this is someone who has been to just about every ground in the country as a corporate guest as well). He was exceptionally disappointed. I don't know if a complaint was made or not - but his words to me were - Airline food is better these days.

3) I have always disliked the name of the Doug Ellis stand, but in the whole scheme of things, I see it now as a minor consideration. An inconvience now rather than a major problem that will, when the time is right be looked at. A year ago, I couldn't even believe we would be able to ask for it to be considered, let alone anything else that has happened! I am grateful we've even had the chance to voice our concerns over all aspects of being at VP these days.

General, I am still completely gobsmacked when I read through this thread. Its amazing to think we are not only being listened to, but the dialogue is going both ways! Again, my partner and I say thank you. We cannot wait to be able to get to VP again for another game.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, a certain Villa fan at Puma designing the kits would be my choice ;)

I would want us to have claret kits with blue collar and otherwise details on an all claret strip.

Wrong, wrong wrong. Villa are claret body, blue sleeves, this is how it should stay. The previous regime got criticised for changing it, and with the new owners saying that they understand Villa's traditions, and respect them, the blue sleeves will hopefully stay. I'm not saying an all claret shirt won't look nice, but most importantly, it is not an Aston Villa shirt.

You're probably right, and I admit it would change certain values. I am however looking for some change, at least the round badge/logo would improve the kit. If Nike got the job I am certain they would make something we would all be cherishing :)

And Jez, I think most kit-makers would do a decent job. I wouldn't say Nike are known for making shirt of lesser quality. I often prefer Nike myself when buying training-equipment as it is ultra-comfortable, looks very nice and feels nice. Sure the price is a bit stiffer compared to certain alternatives, but that new breathing tech is very comfy. When running it never bothers you at all, and is absorbs sweat and moist just like that.

Give the contract to Adidas or Nike. They will produce a comfortable "trendy" kit. a kit that people will want to wear because they think it looks good not because they support Villa. At the end of the day if we want to go global we need to be seen to be mixing it in the right company. And hummel and le coq bloody sportif is not it!

If we eventually want to regularly challenge the likes of Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal then make no mistake that this will be financially built on the back of all of the gloryhunters that will start to follow villa.

With regards to pricing it is one area that the past regime cannot be criticised. Season ticket prices cannot realistically go any lower. Buy some quality players and the seats will fill themselves.

Okay everyone is saying Nike or Adida because of the 'trendy' potential. For me it's a simple case of economics. We have a sponsorship deal and a kitmakers deal that is, for a Premiership club, lauaghablly low.

I want us to have a deal that brings serious cash into the club and through their global powerbase will put the Villa brand in markets that, under the previous regimes desperation to grab any buck they could rather than seek out the best, we could only dream of. If that be Nike, Adidas, Umbro even then I don;t care, it's all about who can pay us the most and push the brand the hardest.

Cheers,

What a great game!!! Great fans, great play on field, great 3 points!!! This was an important win and our lads did well.

Some thoughts/answers:

1. Family season tickets...a great idea. We will look into how to do this. The price will need to be "fair" all around and it will be. While on the subject of ticket prices, please understand that the ticket prices for the Cleveland Browns games are the LOWEST in the National Football League. I mention this because it says something about Randy Lerner. He is NOT someone who automatically jacks up the price of tickets. He does NOT want the fans to face huge price increases...so set your minds at ease.

2. I can assure you that any expansion (and there will be work done) will be strickly in synch with the ethos and traditions of the Club. Nothing will be done that doesn't bring back a sense of "Villa" in the nicest sense of the word.

3. As I have said several times on this thread, we will not go after players who cannot help the team. We all understand who David Beckham is (remember, Randy and I lived an worked in the UK from 2000-2004 and Randy still has a home here....and we are both here very often.) Becks is a great player and a huge name but....we only want those that Martin wants. There is absolutely NO sense in telling the Manager who to go after!! That is his call!!!!!

4. Sponsorship. As everyone knows, we are looking at sponsors and kit providers. Believe me, there are many quality companies whose names aren't Nike or Adidas Remember, Randy owns a NFL team and deals with companies all the time...and Bob Kain is probably one of the foremost individuals in dealing with companies. They will do right by the Club. Remember, we have a world to draw from...not just a small number of "names".

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

We all understand who David Beckham is (remember, Randy and I lived an worked in the UK from 2000-2004 and Randy still has a home here....and we are both here very often.) Becks is a great player and a huge name but....we only want those that Martin wants. There is absolutely NO sense in telling the Manager who to go after!! That is his call!!!!!

So, does the manager want David Beckham then? Tell him he'd be nuts not to!

Anyway Mr K, post your player ratings on the ratings thread :winkold:

Cheers,

What a great game!!! Great fans, great play on field, great 3 points!!! This was an important win and our lads did well.

Some thoughts/answers:

1. Family season tickets...a great idea. We will look into how to do this. The price will need to be "fair" all around and it will be. While on the subject of ticket prices, please understand that the ticket prices for the Cleveland Browns games are the LOWEST in the National Football League. I mention this because it says something about Randy Lerner. He is NOT someone who automatically jacks up the price of tickets. He does NOT want the fans to face huge price increases...so set your minds at ease.

2. I can assure you that any expansion (and there will be work done) will be strickly in synch with the ethos and traditions of the Club. Nothing will be done that doesn't bring back a sense of "Villa" in the nicest sense of the word.

3. As I have said several times on this thread, we will not go after players who cannot help the team. We all understand who David Beckham is (remember, Randy and I lived an worked in the UK from 2000-2004 and Randy still has a home here....and we are both here very often.) Becks is a great player and a huge name but....we only want those that Martin wants. There is absolutely NO sense in telling the Manager who to go after!! That is his call!!!!!

4. Sponsorship. As everyone knows, we are looking at sponsors and kit providers. Believe me, there are many quality companies whose names aren't Nike or Adidas Remember, Randy owns a NFL team and deals with companies all the time...and Bob Kain is probably one of the foremost individuals in dealing with companies. They will do right by the Club. Remember, we have a world to draw from...not just a small number of "names".

Hi General,

A great 3 points today and a convincing performance to go with it.

I was sat in the North Stand today and I was talking with other fans in regards to Villa Park being an all round stadium and filling the corners with more seats. is this something the board are considering?

The Grievemeister

General,

Just a couple of vocabulary pointers that might help your integration.

1) Cheers is synonym for thanks for most English people, not hello as you seem to be using it.

2) Field can be used in football vernacular but pitch is more common.

It may take a while but we'll knock that yank speak out of you sooner or later :winkold:

General,

Just a couple of vocabulary pointers that might help your integration.

1) Cheers is synonym for thanks for most English people, not hello as you seem to be using it.

2) Field can be used in football vernacular but pitch is more common.

It may take a while but we'll knock that yank speak out of you sooner or later :winkold:

....If The General wants to use the words 'Field' and 'Cheer's' he can :lol:

Thank you for the English lesson...and I mean that. Last thing I want to do is appear to be some Yank who doesn't understand the King's or Queen's English.

Re. the Manager and David Beckham etc. I really don't think it would be proper for me to articulate what the Manager is thinking with regards to players. The simple fact is that he, better than anyone, knows what the team needs and knowing Martin, he WILL go after them!

Thank you for the English lesson...and I mean that. Last thing I want to do is appear to be some Yank who doesn't understand the King's or Queen's English.

Re. the Manager and David Beckham etc. I really don't think it would be proper for me to articulate what the Manager is thinking with regards to players. The simple fact is that he, better than anyone, knows what the team needs and knowing Martin, he WILL go after them!

The guy has a point. His point is to stop haranguing him about players. Let's just see what happens. The important thing is that our boss has the support from the top and we are all hugely grateful for that fact.

Seeing as everyone is having their two cents:

I recently sent an email to the club (without reply at writing) about the price of student tickets.

Over the past couple of seasons it was possible to get tickets for Young Adults for £10 in the Holte. These were typically games that wouldn't attract strong crowds or at odd times.

The Young Adult tickets this season are £21, except for certain games where the North Stand is £15. With all due respect, if I'm going to bring a lot of mates from uni to a match then I can't really justify sitting in a family area at £15 a ticket.

General, I think you can see from today that there is alot of hard work to put in to attract the fans back to Villa. I must admit I always thought they would come flooding back when Ellis went but that isn't the case obviously. Don't be disheartened, they will come, its justa matter of time. Get everything right on the pitch with some top signings and people will start to come back ( or indeed come for the first time) to see what all the fuss is about.

Another question for the General is regarding the use of Villa Park as a concert venue. We haven't had many gigs at Villa Park for what appears a long while, I think it was Rod Stewart in the 1990s.

Does the General think that we can make considerable revenue from staging such events or are there or costs to consider such as the local community and the pitch/field?

General, I'm sure you can see that such a forum with the board of our club has been eagerly awaited, please advise Randy, Bob and Michael Martin that they too are very welcome to come aboard the good ship Villa Talk, it isn't all serious though. There is a good totty thread in off topic!

Hello General - and what a pleasant surprise to see a member of the board on this site! Simply awesome!

I think that if there are still any doomsayers around about the new owners of the club, the simple act of posting on fan sites will have swung their support your way. Well done.

Being a fan from "Down Under" (Australia) I was wondering if there were any plans on making Villa games accessible and broadcast live in areas outside of the UK? Or is that something that is owned by the TV stations?

The reason being that we only get to see limited games down here and I would like to see each and every game - including cup and (in the not too distant future) European games. If that service was possible and available, it would be one that I (along with many other overseas fans) would be more than happy to pay for. Kind of a long distance season ticket. :winkold:

Mr General.........can we have more Totty serving the beer? ;-)

The Generals just been given one English lesson, and now you've got him googling for 'totty' you berk (now he's got to google berk too :oops: )

General, on the subject of 'Totti' however.....

Once again, i've got to say how refreshing it is to see a member of the board taking time to answer questions here.

I think its a great way of showing people how 'human' the new owners are.

I'd also agree with further sentiments about doing something with the Evening Mail, while i can't stand they're current stance on Villa, (perhaps we could get a new 'villa' reporter instead of the current one working for the mail), The paper is unfortunatly the only way to read the latest news about the club for alot of the fans, and it'd be great if could we get regular 'unbiased' coverage for our club.

Although this is slightly alluding to comments made by contraversial VillaTalk member 'Heathcliff'.