FIFA 13

GarethRDR

I just always see people talking about ultimate team which i just dont get excited by lol

Ive got a few great signings 2 and a half seasons in for the villa.

Heres my team

----------------Ruffier-----------

---Danilo-------Clark-----------Kouyate-------Melgarejo

--Biabiany-------Bannan------N'Zogbia

----------------Gabby---------------

Benteke-------------------Bent/ Pinsoglio (GIANT- free signing)

Anyway won the league cup and fa cup so far lol need to do better in the league

It's still probably the best way of building a squad up if you're on a limited budget with a low-rated team, but the setup's been tinkered with so it's not quite as exploitable. For instance, you can't immediately transfer list a youth player you've just promoted, you have to wait for the next transfer window to roll round. Also youth player's wages are a little higher, you're limited in the length of contract you can offer them and players won't accept long contract renewals until they're contract's literally about to expire. You can also no longer tempt clubs into loaning you their best players by putting a massive to-buy clause in which you've no intention of fulfulling. On the flip side, you can start to get some amazing re-gen players from the Free Agents list this time around, from as early as your second season onwards.

In terms of tricks that do work, I've found a few handy ones for dealing with player demands:

1. If a player requests a pay-rise, go to contracts, offer their requested amount but always set the contract extension length to 5 years. 99.9% of the time, they'll refuse the offer (sometimes they accept if they've got less than a year to run anyway) but by making the offer at all it stops the player going to the board to force a transfer, which is what will always happen if you don't make an improved contract offer; if that happens you'll get notified of this by the board and the player could potentially be sold out from under you but at this point it is still possible to recover the situation by doing exactly the same and offering the player the money they want with a 5 year extension. Once they refuse, you can then take them off the transfer list. Note that you might have the player ask for a pay-rise again a season or so down the line, but simply rinse and repeat until they're in the last year of their contract (by which point you'll have to pay them what they want, but they'll accept the 5 year extension and at least you've put off paying them any more until the very last minute).

2. If a player agitates for more game-time, loan-list them. You then don't have to accept any of the loan offers that come in for them (unless you know you're not going to be playing them much, in which case you might as well so they can develop faster at another club), but like the above this will prevent them player from going to the board to request a transfer (which they will if you do nothing). Even if you refuse every loan offer that comes in, the player will now happily sit on the bench/in the reserves as long as they're loan-listed. In fact, if you do loan them out then by the time they come back their morale will be completely reset to "happy", no matter how pissed they were when they asked to play in the first place.

3. Every once in a blue moon, one of your best players decides to be a cock-juggling thunderc*nt and slam in a request to leave about a week before a transfer window closes. At this point, you'll get one of either two messages from the board; the "we'll back whatever you decide to do" message which is great as then you can just decide to not sell the player, or the "we've decided to let him go" message which you can do **** all about bar damage limitation. By damage limitation, I mean you should accept the first offer that comes in over the player's market value. You should automatically get an offer from one or sometimes two clubs as soon as the situation occurs, and at least one of those offers is generally a little bit over the player's value. Now they won't be great offers, so you won't be making a great deal of cash which is an almighty shitter, but you absolutely do not want to wait in the hope of better offers (don't even go back to the buying clubs with a counter-offer) as the board will suddenly turn round after a matter of days and tell you they've sold the player themselves and it will always have been for less than what they're worth. This one I'm afraid you've got to just take in the ass. ncidentally, if you're vindictive bastard like myself you can then get revenge on your board by terminating the contracts of the rest of your best players, go to your job offers page and walk out on the club immediately then pick up said players from the Free Agents list once you're at your new club. I call this move the "MON burger with extra cheese".

As for general tips:

1. When you're shopping for players, keep an eye out for anyone who's in the last year of their contract, off-form or a rotation player. You can make a ****-tonne of savings on these players, particularly the expiring contract ones. I've managed to bring in players age 21-25 and rated ~80 for as little as £4m before. Shop smart!

2. If you get an offer for a player you don't necessarily want to sell, counter-offer twice their market value (perhaps slightly over if it's a massive club bidding for them). I always used to use the "twice-their-value" rule for selling in FIFA 12, but it was annoying having to go back and forth so the counter-offer function is great for just cutting to the chase and getting what you want. Be aware though, if the bidding club meets your counter-offer you can't then back out of the deal at all and you're player is as good as sold (barring a breakdown in wage negotiations twixt them and the bidding club, which rarely happens).

3. Players develop much faster in the game. They'll still always develop quicker if they're playing regularly, but the drop in development rate for subs and reserves is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Also, they are a couple places online that purport to have a database of all player potentials. It is possible for players to actually exceed their potential this time around. Never by more than a few points it seems, but with the faster development you can sometimes have players peaking as early as age 24 so it's good to know that you're not then hamstrung by having players hit a wall they can't develop beyond. For example, Benteke is listed on these websites (clicky) as peaking at 80. Well, I'm 5 years into my Villa career, Benteke's been a regular since day one and I've got him up to 83. Weimann's meant to peak at 78, and I've got him at 81 and partnering Benteke up front (lethal **** combo, by the way).

4. By using a combination of tips 1, 2 and 3 it is entirely possible to horde cash whilst significantly improving your squad. As I said, I'm 5 years into my Villa career and through some shrewd management I'm now on the cusp of becoming a 5 star team in addition to having £52m in the bank should I want to spend it. It started out as an exercise in "virtual Lambertism", I'd either source young players with potential from the lower leagues or players who were about to run out of their contract, all whilst selling any player I could double my money and loaning out fringe youth players so they could develop. In the game at least, the system definitely works. The best example I can give is this; I bought Iago Falqué in a January transfer window from Spurs for £4.5m. He was rated 80 at the time I bought him, but I got him cheap as he was in the last year of his contract and Spurs weren't playing him. By the time next January rolled around, he'd grown to 83 and was valued at £9.5m. I then received an offer from Bayern Munich of £15m, so I went back and asked for £20m. They paid it. I then bought Sergio Canales from Valencia for £6m as his contract was due to expire, and in about a month he grew to 82. So in the space of a year, I was still one highly-rated CAM better off and I'd made £9.5m.

My squad, as it stands, looks like this:

GK - Fraser Forster (82)

GK - Mitchell Langerak (77)

GK - Jason Steele (73)

GK - Ryan Meara (66)

RB - Adam Matthews (82)

RB - Elliot Hewitt (75)

RB - Matthew Lowton (76)

CB - Gary Cahill (81)

CB - Ciaran Clark (83)

CB - Rhys Bennett (78)

CB - Nathan Baker (77)

CB - Mikael Dyrestam (76)

CB - Karim Rekik (74)

LB - Ryan Bertrand (78)

LB - Luke Shaw (76)

LB - Joe Bennett (76)

CM - Fabian Delph (82)

CM - Gary Gardner (82)

CM - Barry Bannan (83)

CM - Henri Lansbury (81)

CM - Oscar Gobern (77)

CM - Emyr Huws (73)

CM - Daniel Johnson (72)

CAM - Sergio Canales (82)

CAM - Samir Carruthers (77)

CAM - Stephen Ireland (78)

ST - Christian Benteke (83)

ST - Andreas Weimann (81)

ST - Nahki Wells (79)

ST - Nathan Delfouneso (77)

ST - Max Clayton (73)

ST - Matt Lecointe (73)

ST - Lateef Elford-Alliyu (72)

I play a narrow 4-3-1-2, like the following but with a flat line across the midfield three as opposed to the CDM shown below.

301112122621.png

Gareth, you sir, are a bona-fide legend. Loving your work, thanks so much.

(On a side note, and in totally the wrong thread, im going to see BvB v Frankfurt and Moenchengladbach v BvB next February!) Booshy.

There was one more trick that I forgot to post. The "Request Funds from the Board" function. By and large, if successful you only get a minimal amount of cash out of this. The most I've ever gotten out of a board was ~£3m, and that was with a Premiership team. There doesn't seem to be any surefire way to get the board to open their wallets every time, but there are some factors to consider and tips I've divined.

1. You can only make a request for funds during a transfer window.

2. Requests that are denied have no detrimental impact on you.

3. Note that I've yet to fail an agreed additional objective from such a request, so I don't yet know if failing after agreeing funds does have a detrimental impact.

4. I have discovered that it is entirely possible to make a request based on criteria you've already acheived, i.e. agree to reach a stage of a domestic cup competition that you're already at or beyond. This happened in a Bundesliga save of mine; I'd made it to quarters of the DFB-Pokal with 1860 Munich and went to request funds, one of the criteria I could set was reach the quarter-finals. I was already there and the fund request was subsequently approved.

5. As stated above, you're seemingly unable to squeeze a decent amount of cash from the board, so as a guideline if I'm in charge of small club/club outside of it's country's top flight, I'll ask for no more than £1m. If I'm in charge of smaller top-flight club, I'll ask for £2m. Finally, if I'm in charge of a bigger (i.e. top-half, top-flight) club I'll ask for £5m.

6. Bearing in mind points 2 to 5, you might as well make requests as often as possible. At the end of the day, it's free money if they say yes, and though the amount of cash you can get won't be earth-shattering, an extra £1m is still gold dust to a small club.

7. Finally, any board at a new job will turn down any request until (at the earliest) your second transfer window. You'll get a response along the lines of "we need to see what you can do first".

I think, after two months of trials and tribulations, im finally falling love with Fifa again. Started a career mode with BvB, bought a few players, and my attacking play seems to be clicking now. (I still cant defend for toffee, but im generally scoring more than I concede). Invested in a top notch scout so looking forward to developing some young talent.

I really enjoy the career mode. Havent tried Ultimate Team before, doesnt really appeal. Ill be the next guy to bring the Champions League to Dortmund, after a certain Mr Lambert of course...

Kurt Zouma is very highly rated. Need to snap him up in january on my career.

He has a ridiculous habit of scoring from corners for me.

Over the course of this weekend he's scored four in six matches from the same corner routine.

Decided to do career mode as realistic as possible so I put it at the hardest difficultly when managing finances. I sold a few players and picked up a few good free agents like Darida and Limbersky. Signed Bertand from Chelsea for around 5million euro. Currently in a champs league spot and the players are starting to drive me mad. Darida, Bannan, Guzan, Lowton, and Lichaj have asked for wage increases. I couldn't afford Bannan's wage demands (50,000 a week) so Lerner just **** sold him and gave me none of the money! Darida is threatening to leave and Guzan will surely follow soon.

I'm doing well on online seasons. I think my record is 34w 4d 6l. In all the games I'm winning it's literally 4+ goals from me and zero/1/2 goals conceded. But every 6 games or so my players just do nothing to help me and stand still and I lose.

I don't really mind to be honest but it does seem like the game hates me for winning a few games consecutively.

Anyone else get that feeling?

Decided to do career mode as realistic as possible so I put it at the hardest difficultly when managing finances. I sold a few players and picked up a few good free agents like Darida and Limbersky. Signed Bertand from Chelsea for around 5million euro. Currently in a champs league spot and the players are starting to drive me mad. Darida, Bannan, Guzan, Lowton, and Lichaj have asked for wage increases. I couldn't afford Bannan's wage demands (50,000 a week) so Lerner just **** sold him and gave me none of the money! Darida is threatening to leave and Guzan will surely follow soon.

Read 7 posts up from this. ^_^

Read 7 posts up from this. ^_^

Just read your post and I have never had issue getting money from Lerner. I asked him yesterday when I was playing for 10 million euros and he gave it to me. I did promise champs league and a final in a cup. I have only been on the job for 6 months too.

Not that, this...

If a player requests a pay-rise, go to contracts, offer their requested amount but always set the contract extension length to 5 years. 99.9% of the time, they'll refuse the offer (sometimes they accept if they've got less than a year to run anyway) but by making the offer at all it stops the player going to the board to force a transfer, which is what will always happen if you don't make an improved contract offer; if that happens you'll get notified of this by the board and the player could potentially be sold out from under you but at this point it is still possible to recover the situation by doing exactly the same and offering the player the money they want with a 5 year extension. Once they refuse, you can then take them off the transfer list. Note that you might have the player ask for a pay-rise again a season or so down the line, but simply rinse and repeat until they're in the last year of their contract (by which point you'll have to pay them what they want, but they'll accept the 5 year extension and at least you've put off paying them any more until the very last minute).

what is the editing options like on this? can you create your own stadiums, edit players abilities etc, transfer players?

i like to do as much editing as possible before i start a career as im already then half way to cheating as such, and i dont like playing games that i cant cheat at :-)

hence wy i dont play platform shoot them up games, as im basically sh it at it

cheers

You can edit player attributes and make transfers, then start a career with those settings in place. No stadium editing (beyond renaming, anyway).

Anyone know what the latest patch was for, by the way?

Â