Forest take over

b6bloke

I hope this proves to be the fantastic news it appears to be having seen what happened on the other side of the river though I will perhaps wait and see how it pans out before I join their fans in celebrating.

As a resident of Nottingham I'm potentially really pleased for them though, they were in dire trouble following the really sad death of their former owner Nigel Doughty. They've already lost a number of their players on free transfers and were facing the prospect of losing a lot more next summer of in the next 12 months on reduced fee's as they weren't in a position to offer new contracts.

Hopefully the new owners will sort them out and push them forward because as a kid of the 80's I always consider Forest to be proper club, a club that belongs in the top flight. No club has a right to be up there but Forest to me have always just seemed like they should be there. Personally I'd be delighted if they are able to get up in the next few years not least because I'll be able to walk to an away game!

Hopefully the new owners will sort them out and push them forward because as a kid of the 80's I always consider Forest to be proper club, a club that belongs in the top flight. No club has a right to be up there but Forest to me have always just seemed like they should be there.

Well, i'm a kid of the 70's and agree with every word. Always had a soft spot for Forest as they're one of the reasons i'm such a big football fan to this day.

I'm another who would love to see Forest do well. I'm from Nottinghamshire and supported Villa because of my step-dad, but my older brother and grandfather were Forest fans. My granddad had a season ticket there for years.

I will be not glad but happy to see Forest back in the top flight instead of some of the crap we have now.Mind you if they replace a team like Wigan or QPR then it means another hard game to get points from.

It’s funny to hear how many other fans have a soft spot for Forest.

I lived in Nott’s for a good few years and they became my second team too!

There was a good interview with Brian Roy on Talksport a few weeks back, reminiscing of his days there.

Funny to think that was 15 years ago!

I will be not glad but happy to see Forest back in the top flight instead of some of the crap we have now.Mind you if they replace a team like Wigan or QPR then it means another hard game to get points from.

You mean mega rich West London club QPR?

I'd be happy for Forest to do well (i.e. finish one place below us).

First game I can remember at VP was against Forest. I was stood high up on the black ash of the Holte watching the waves of marauding hoolies outside chasing each other back and fore. Then all combined running through the gardens of the terraced houses that used to be there to avoid a mounted police cavalry charge. It's not very pc and my opinion would be different now, but at the time I thought it was all just fantastic and exciting.

Is that equally why Leeds are the antichrist? :lol:

They're getting taken over in the coming days/weeks too actually.

I thought they were going through due dilligence too but it was Forests new owner as he was assessing both clubs.

Â