Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Really been impressed with Lowton both at right back and when he has had to switch to centre back. He seems to take it all in his stride.

Reminds me a little of Mark Delaney who we also brought from the lower leagues and comfortably made the step up. He could also switch to centre back when needed.

• Like 1

Very impressed. Still some mistakes to be ironed out in his game. Guilty of giving the ball away in dangerous positions a couple of times each game. He's got a good cross on him but often doesn't get the ball into the box quick enough. But that goes for most of our squad at the moment. Give Lowton a couple of seasons in the top flight and he'll be a proper player.

I think that twice in yesterdays game he jumped and turned away from the ball when an Arsenal player was shaping to cross the ball which led to them turning inside him. If he can stop doing that i'll be happy.

Looking like a bargain signing so far though!

Easily the best signing this year together with Benteke. Needs to take a few balls to the face so he stops turning away from crosses and shots, other than that he's shown vast improvement.

I wouldn't say easily at all. He is in a fight for that title with Benteke, Vlaar, Westwood and the returning Guzan. Good player though and I really like him

More than happy to see him in that position all season.

I think we need to sign a left back in January (akthough I do still think Bennett has potential, he's just not there yet), but Lowton has already shown himself to be worthy of this league, imo.

If I were him, I'd find the comparisons to Mark Delaney a bit insulting - he's much better than he was, Delaney had **** all technical ability and lost his head fairly easily.

That's pretty harsh IMHO, Delaney was one of our strongest players, albeit at a time when the squad had zero investment in it. He did a solid job alongside Mellberg at CB because the club couldn't go and buy another centre half. He coaches at the club nowdays doesn't he?

That's pretty harsh IMHO, Delaney was one of our strongest players, albeit at a time when the squad had zero investment in it. He did a solid job alongside Mellberg at CB because the club couldn't go and buy another centre half. He coaches at the club nowdays doesn't he?

Yea, I think he works at the academy. He was one of the few good out-and-out right backs we've had in recent years, along with Luke Young. Although I think Lowton's been decent at CB, hopefully he doesn't play there so often, don't want to waste a good RB in another position again i.e. Luke Young at LB.

If I were him, I'd find the comparisons to Mark Delaney a bit insulting - he's much better than he was, Delaney had **** all technical ability and lost his head fairly easily.

Funny being so bad that we missed Delaney so much when he retired.

I thought Delaney was too brave for his own good sometimes. Picked up injuries from throwing himself into impossible challenges resulting in lengthy lay offs. Mind you they always seemed to be around Christmas and New Year so perhaps he just fancied a nice little break during the festivities. Allegedly! Good defender though and could do a good job at centre half.

Â