General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

One of the worst teams in the league last year.

Bottom of the league now.

Started the season worse than any other team.

When compared to the rest of the league we've had one of the worst transfer windows.

Happy days.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go lie down. Embarrassed for you.

I'd be embarrassed for the club mate. Not for me.

Anything I said there that's wrong?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When compared to the rest of the league we've had one of the worst transfer windows.

Happy days.

It seems to me that for 3 years all you have done is moan.

If you can't get behind the team maybe you'd be better sup[porting a team with the kind of wage and transfer budget you seem to crave ?

Scott Parker and everything is OK.

I can see the reason behind Lambert's signings but I agree with a lot of the scepticism.

We weren't good enough last year and when teams around & below our level are signing players like Gazton Ramirez, Dimitar Berbatov and Andy Carroll then I can't help but fear for the future of AVFC.

Exactly that, other teams have bought quality and experience. We're taking punts on players who might be a gem at some point. Awful transfer window.

Happy days.

Cheer up Big John.

I'm all for finding lower league players on the cheap, but that is all we seem to be buying right now. We need a few more experienced and established players, we were going to struggle this season as it was, now we're going to play many unproven and developing players and the pressure is really on them.

It's made worse by looking at some of the signings other clubs around our level are. Sunderland got Adam Johnson, Swansea are already a great footballing team but some of the players they're buying up are going to make them even stronger. Even West Ham have showed ambition, and Southampton getting Ramirez?

I'm not saying it's easy, but compared to even some of our rivals we really are doing poorly. If they can do it, why can't we? I was happy enough for Lambert to come, even though he wasn't my first choice. Really wish we had gotten Laudrup, I wanted him before but the way that he's started with Swansea and some of the players he's buying have just emphasised how good he could have been for us. I'm not writing Lambert off, I think he's a good manager, but I really think we're in danger this season. I think the competition will be a lot stronger and we'll be down there in the scrap.

Vlaar

Bennett

Lowton

El Ahmadi

Bowery

Benteke?

Westwood?

Assuming the last 2 sign, that's 7 new players Lambert has bought into the team (with maybe one or two more). These are all players Lambert wanted so I'm more than satisfied with that.

I remember in the late 70's - We sold the old guard - Andy Gray, John Deehan etc - and purchased the likes of Tony Morley, Des Bremner, Dave Geddes, Dennis Mortimer - we were accused of being desperate at the time !

Ok lets not pretend things haven't moved on since then. But lets give these guys a few months to see what they can do ..and remember it how they perform as team that's going to count -

I am excited yet also nervous. It obviously worked for PL at Norwich, but if we continue to lose games, the fans and the media will use this window as a major attacking point e.g. 'Why didn't he sign more experiance etc.'

In my eyes this is PL putting his ball on the table and saying "I'm a good enough manager to make these youngsters into a good premeirship side!" I bloody hope hes right, because if its goes wrong wer could be in trouble.

Anyway its better than palying 6-3-1 under the ginger long ball merchant.

I'm all for finding lower league players on the cheap, but that is all we seem to be buying right now. We need a few more experienced and established players, we were going to struggle this season as it was, now we're going to play many unproven and developing players and the pressure is really on them.

It's made worse by looking at some of the signings other clubs around our level are. Sunderland got Adam Johnson, Swansea are already a great footballing team but some of the players they're buying up are going to make them even stronger. Even West Ham have showed ambition, and Southampton getting Ramirez?

I'm not saying it's easy, but compared to even some of our rivals we really are doing poorly. If they can do it, why can't we? I was happy enough for Lambert to come, even though he wasn't my first choice. Really wish we had gotten Laudrup, I wanted him before but the way that he's started with Swansea and some of the players he's buying have just emphasised how good he could have been for us. I'm not writing Lambert off, I think he's a good manager, but I really think we're in danger this season. I think the competition will be a lot stronger and we'll be down there in the scrap.

Sensible reflection - but I am happy with the manager. Just worried he is going too far towards the 'hungry and young' and thinking those players can only be found mid table in league 2.

Vlaar

Bennett

Lowton

El Ahmadi

Bowery

Benteke?

Westwood?

Assuming the last 2 sign, that's 7 new players Lambert has bought into the team (with maybe one or two more). These are all players Lambert wanted so I'm more than satisfied with that.

The thing that worries me is the midfiled, they are all lightweight powder puff nancies who cant get stuck in. I would imagine we have one of the shortest midfields in world football and we will get bullied out of almost every game

Aston Villa’s attempts to land a striker have been ongoing this summer, and Paul Lambert is desperate to complete a deal before tonight’s transfer deadline.

Lambert has been keen to sign Genk striker Christian Benteke, but has grown frustrated by the Belgian club’s reluctance to accept what he believes to be a reasonable £5million offer.

Genk are believed to want closer to £15million for their 21-year-old asset, an amount which is simply not viable for a club in Villa’s financial position.

It is thought the Midlands outfit would pay up to £7million, but with the transfer deadline fast approaching, Villa boss Lambert could instead turn his attentions to Bordeaux’s Cheick Diabate.

A Mali international, Diabate first caught the eye of many a scout when impressing in this year’s African Cup of Nations.

And he has begun this season’s Ligue 1 campaign in notable fashion, scoring three times in his first five games.

Villa have been most impressed by his displays, and as such may be ready to test his French employers’ resolve with a £5million bid.

That would make him the Villains’ second attacking addition of the day, with Lambert having tied up a £200,000 deal for Chesterfield youngster Jordan Bowery this morning.

But with that signing made with a view to the future, Villa will be desperate to secure a first-team-ready forward before 11pm tonight, with Diabate possibly most likely to arrive.

Ladbrokes

I still have a gut feeling we will see Dempsey sign by 10.55pm.

Chelsea will sign Schurrle and loan Sturridge to Liverpool and Dempsey will come to us.

If we don't sign an experienced PL player like Dempsey we will be in for a tough old season.

I don't think we have a hope in hell's chance of signing Dempsey. I think he'd rather swallow his pride and stay with Fulham if Liverpool or a bigger club don't come in for him. If we got him I'd be over the moon, but it's not going to happen.

Feel free to quote this and rip me to pieces later if it does happen though ;)

We could still do it but there were some cracking players available who would have improved and secured our Premiership safety such as Hoilett, Adam, Johnson and Carroll. We could have purchased these players and brought in the lower league players as well to supplement the experienced players. We're taking an awful risk with this.