General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Really would like some experienced players in, Scott Parker would be perfect. Shame about Dempsey, if we could have got him and Parker + those we currently have, it would have been a very good window. We cannot rely on Bannan and Delph and are desperate for the Petrov type experience we will miss badly.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could still do it but there were some cracking players available who would have improved and secured our Premiership safety such as Hoilett, Adam, Johnson and Carroll. We could have purchased these players and brought in the lower league players as well to supplement the experienced players. We're taking an awful risk with this.

Agree. This is a very dangerous game with no experience to back it up.

To be honest John I'm not sure the fans would be happy with messi, Ronaldo and Torres if Swansea teach us a lesson.

It is not the players it is the result, doesn't matter who you have signed

But , instead of procclaiming that sides are going to teach us a lesson before any one of those players has kicked a ball for us, let's see what they can do first, novel Idea I know but there you go.

Dempsey odds:

Join By End Of Summer Transfer Window Loan deals do count

Liverpool 2/5 Stay at Fulham 7/2

Tottenham 5/1 Arsenal 18/1

Aston Villa 20/1 Sunderland 20/1

I dont know about you guys but I think the 7/2 and 20/1 are way too big!

To be honest John I'm not sure the fans would be happy with messi, Ronaldo and Torres if Swansea teach us a lesson.

It is not the players it is the result, doesn't matter who you have signed

But , instead of procclaiming that sides are going to teach us a lesson before any one of those players has kicked a ball for us, let's see what they can do first, novel Idea I know but there you go.

Well it might be too late to see what they can do considering probably only 2 of our signings will make the first team. Which happens to be an extremely poor first team.

It is the results and I can't see them being much of an improvement on last year when looking at the business we have done so far.

Problem isnt really our spending, it is all the other clubs spending that is worrying me. Swansea as an example is buying known highly rated players and so is everyone else. Rumours is that Sturridge, Dempsey and Walcott are going to Liverpool.... Competition is getting tough and we need some more bite and muscles in our team IMO.

Oh, by the way rumours here in norway that Carew is joining Southampton...

We're all skeptical, all worried, all slightly confused a bit, and at the same time we're all Villa fans - we were last season when McLeish was appointed and nearly ruined us, we are now Lambert is trying to remould the squad, and we still will be come 11:01pm tonight.

I say we just stop getting stressed, stop thinking whatever we believe or any theories we have will have any impact on what the board and manager are doing, and just back our football club, our manager and our players - both new boys and old.

Fingers crossed for a decent finish to the day, I shall pop on later to see reactions and such, we have both Newcastle and Swansea next up which will be two tough games and we're going to need all the support we can get so let us just rally together and stick our fingers up at the doubters.

UTV!

There was some serious booing at half time of our first home game.

Anyone think the signing of Bennet, Betenke and Westwood are going to make all those fans happy after Swansea teach us a lesson?

I don't know, will you be there ?

With Dempsey - do you think because he turned us down earlier there is absolutely no chance of PL saying yes now? Or do you think Paul would take him? Even though we were his 2nd choice (I'm presuming we were his 2nd choice here)