General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Even if we sign Benteke and Westwood, It has been a poor window for us.

Like people have mentioned, its not so much what we have done, but what clubs around us are doing. West Ham, Swansea, Stoke, Fulham, Everton, Southampton, QPR have all strengthened whilst we have bought rather young, unproven players.

I like Lambert and I think he will do well here if he is given time but will we still be in this league next season?

We have a very average squad of players here and I can honestly see us being relegated this season.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Benteke in, rumours is that we are still in for Dempsey but he is holding on for Liverpool and that Spurs are interested also...

If we would get in a fighter, leader in the middle id be quite happy, Parker or someone with the same spirit on the pitch able to get his team mates going...

My first Post on this Forum :wave: Just wondered - if Dempsey was to join us, would he just "go through the motions"? He didn't appear to want to come to Villa in the first place.

It sure would make for an interesting press conference.

"When I heard of Aston Villa's interest I was thinking 'No thanks!' but as my options though out the day dwindled I realised I'd painted myself into a corner..."

not one prem player with genuine experience in the toughest league..i love this club & genuine like lambert but with these signings & other clubs getting quality in the gulf is clear. proud history bright future ..cheers randy.

not one prem player with genuine experience in the toughest league..i love this club & genuine like lambert but with these signings & other clubs getting quality in the gulf is clear. proud history bright future ..cheers randy.

Didn't Bennett play in the Prem with Middlesbrough?

My first Post on this Forum :wave: Just wondered - if Dempsey was to join us, would he just "go through the motions"? He didn't appear to want to come to Villa in the first place.

It sure would make for an interesting press conference.

"When I heard of Aston Villa's interest I was thinking 'No thanks!' but as my options though out the day dwindled I realised I'd painted myself into a corner..."

Ah it shouldn't be too hard, he can just copy Andy Carroll's and change the names round

How is this Randy's fault???? Didn't realise he picked the players for PL to sign??

These are Lambert's picks, he's chosen players that he believes will be good for the club and who are we to argue?

Too many people (not particularly aimed at you CBR600rr) believe Football Manager is real and all it takes is a quick click of a button to sign 'top' players....

Lambert is trying to re-shape the team, with players who'll give everything to play in the claret and blue. I'd rather have a team of triers than a team of overpaid premadonnas help bent on earning cash and not giving a **** about the club.

And as far I can see, Randy's giving him the funds to do that.

I'm not an RL sympathiser as he has made mistakes in recent seasons but give the guy a break. He's brought in a good enthusiastic manager now and backing him.

Everton seems to be looking for a midfielder...so more competition then... Rumours says Dempsey has agreed personal terms with Liverpool...

Spurs having multiple on the way in aswell, it will be a long way to the top...

I believe PL knows what he is doing but it would be nice with a signing showing more intent than bottom half...

I still believe building for the future is the right way but i am concerned we will be struggling at the bottom of the table and then being ripped of all talent if we go down...

I have to say there’s plenty of scope for adopting a somewhat more chilled-out attitude than this.

Every transfer window it seems like other clubs are signing better players than we are, and every season only SOME of those signings are successful.

Our signings might yet prove to be relatively shrewd, we just don’t know.

RL is putting in 20 million of his own money this window. He is losing money on the club. I think we ought to say “thanks Randy” without any sarcasm.

We’ve played two games so far. If we’d won even one of those, I think we’d be a lot more positive about everything. It can all change very quickly. Look at how Spurs and Everton started last season.

Since when does Randy make the signings?

We have a paper thin squad so any signing is welcome. Lambert sees something in them. Young, hungry players with a point to prove. It'll give us a little more depth. Some people have no patience to see how these transfers pan out. They already want Lerner and by extension, Lambert to fail. Because it'll prove them right. Have your concerns sure, but give them a chance at least.

Didn't Bennett play in the Prem with Middlesbrough?

wiki tells me he made his debut for Boro in the final match of the 2008-09 season. er, which they lost and got relegated in!

Perfect experience. 1 PL match, 1 relegation :lol: