General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley Westwood? FFS. We need experience.
What we need is the manager to bring in the players he wants

But because a manager wants a player, it doesn't make them good enough.

Hutton - McLeish.

Makoun - Houllier

Beye - MON

We're playing a very very dangerous game, expecting league 1 and 2 players to come in and improve us. And also for foreign players to settle in instantly, when we all know from past experience, this does not happen.

Very dangerous game.

Yeah sure.. however.. we havent won an Premier League game in.. what 10 games now.. we need some experience to get us out of this mess. Alot of pressure for kids.. i dont mind this signing if it is made alongside Parker/Benayoun or Frimpong.

Benayoun to Liverpool apparently, with that + Sturridge loan to Liverpool rumours also, I'm going to take a long shot on them being out of budget and that Dempsey move to us being back on if Jol and him are really on bad terms..

But because a manager wants a player, it doesn't make them good enough.

Hutton - McLeish.

Makoun - Houllier

Beye - MON

We're playing a very very dangerous game, expecting league 1 and 2 players to come in and improve us. And also for foreign players to settle in instantly, when we all know from past experience, this does not happen.

Very dangerous game.

I don't think the likes of Bowery and Westwood (if we sign him) are meant to just slot straight into the team. I agree we do need a bit more experience but the buys from abroad look to be the best ones so far this summer. Whether the likes of El-Ahmadi and Vlaar will settle in is the least of my worries at the moment.

Would be really gutted if we didn't get in a CB, but I'm not hearing anything about us not being in for one. We needed improvement there even before Collins and Cuellar went. Getting in Vlaar on his own doesn't cover their loss and doesn't deal with the reinforcement that was needed. Clark's not good enough and Dunne's soon for the knackers yard so it's like we're assuming Vlaar will stay fit and pinning all our hopes on Baker. We are threadbare! BUY A CENTRE HALF, LAMBAROONIE