General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some journalists saying liverpool desperate to shift Andy Carroll.

It's a player we should be in for.

I'm not sure, I'd like him here, but Lambert wants players who want to play for the club, who are hungry to prove themselves.... I don't see Carroll as being that player for us. I think he either wants to stay at Liverpool or go to Newcastle. I doubt he's too fond of the idea of moving to Birmingham. My opinion, of course.

I think we are all going to be dissappointed come Saturday morning.

I'm not disappointed.

Quite happy with our overall dealings, truth be told.

I think Lambo is going for the right sort of player. He's looking longer term.

Lambo's big test will be keeping us in this division, this season. If he can do that, we'll go from strength to strength.

If not, well, we rebuild starting with the good young players he's bought in, and the ones already here.

I agree. I'm really not expecting much from this season at all. Finish 15th will be fine by me. I think the players we are bringing in is building for the future, something i'm all for. We need to be patient.

Agree the key is survival by hook or by crook this season.. Do that & it could be exciting times.

Correct. Its about the future, but its been a difficult couple of years and we need guarantee Prem football.

Survival is paramount and, to do that, experience (however short term) is essential.

Not if Lambo doesn't want him or rate him, and he doesn't fit with the style of play he's going for.

He'd be ideal for West Ham though

If not, well, we rebuild starting with the good young players he's bought in, and the ones already here.

And without the manager who signed them.

You'd sack Lambo if we go down?

Like with randy and doug I'm seeing the hypocrisy on VT rise again.

Survival was not good enough with Mcleish, nearly everyone said on here that we shouldn't have been worried about relegation with the squad he had.

We now have a better manager and I'm sure some would say an improved squad and now survival is not only more than acceptable it's the aim for the season.

:?

Not if Lambo doesn't want him or rate him, and he doesn't fit with the style of play he's going for.

Agree, a team with ambition.

Survival was not good enough with Mcleish, nearly everyone said on here that we shouldn't have been worried about relegation with the squad he had.

We now have a better manager and I'm sure some would say an improved squad and now survival is not only more than acceptable it's the aim for the season.

And what is it you're expecting this season from a team which has had major changes and a lot of youth brought into it?

Surely this team is one getting ready for 2 years time, not now. You come across as if you're expecting a top 10 finish this season.

I'll meet you in the "Things that piss you off..." thread Jon lad!!!

:bang:

Maybe. It doesn't matter what just i think though.

We were booed off at HT of our first home game. What do you think the attitude will be if relegated.

And what is it you're expecting this season from a team which has had major changes and a lot of youth brought into it?

Surely this team is one getting ready for 2 years time, not now. You come across as if you're expecting a top 10 finish this season.

You think I expect top 10? I think at the moment it looks like another relegation battle for us.

I'm asking why that wasn't acceptable under Mcleish but is more than acceptable under Lambert? And some have suggested getting relegated is completely acceptable! How could doing worse than Mcleish possibly be acceptable?

Agree, a team with ambition.

We know their owners and so we're aware that West Ham's ambitions only stretch so far as getting a public body to pay for a new stadium.

SOOO were stuck with hutton and warnock, not even a sniff of transfers for these two

Hardly surprising is it, that's the silver lining with these kids IMO if it doesn't work out or our new chief scout finds better they should still be shiftable

With the wages and ages of warnock/Hutton they probably won't take a dip in pay or in league

I think we are all going to be dissappointed come Saturday morning.

I'm not disappointed.

Quite happy with our overall dealings, truth be told.

I think Lambo is going for the right sort of player. He's looking longer term.

Lambo's big test will be keeping us in this division, this season. If he can do that, we'll go from strength to strength.

It would be a really shit season to go down though (not that there are any good seaons to go down :P)

With the massive boost in TV money next season we would fall hugely behind the clubs in the top flight.

Yossi Benayoun‏@YossiBenayoun15

Morning,I can confirm that I'm in talks with two premier league clubs about a loan move,hope to sort it by tomorrow evening..

Would be a good signing for us to add experience to our midfield, could well be us that's in for him.