General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

1h Barnesy ‏@jbnffc

@ITK_TRANSFER I went mate. #nffc fan. I know only pre season but if that's villa starting 11 next season I would worry. Good fans though

must have been a different match to the one I went to, apart from warnock, I thought we had a good game. Played some lovely football.

The scoreline flattered Forest.

yeah it sounds like we should have had at least another goal and apart from Warnock weren't too bad at all.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1h Barnesy ‏@jbnffc

@ITK_TRANSFER I went mate. #nffc fan. I know only pre season but if that's villa starting 11 next season I would worry. Good fans though

must have been a different match to the one I went to, apart from warnock, I thought we had a good game. Played some lovely football.

The scoreline flattered Forest.

Well you must have went to a different game that I went to. When was this 'lovely football' played? We barely crept over the half way line, and when we did the ball was quickly given away. We created about 2 or 3 half chances all game and that was that. Dreadful performance from a really average team.

I disagree, we were passing the ball well especially in the first half, passing it round the forest players, doing some nice tricks and flicks, one touch passing stuff, especially in the forest half. When the pressure was lumped on in the 2nd half and when we started to tire, the passing began to falter, thats purely down to concentration, match fitness and the pressure to have to come back from a goal down on two occasions. We only managed to on one occasion.

Admittedly its not the best performance from us, and individual players struggled at points. I've seen better from KEA & Holman than I did today for sure, but there were moments where they looked good.

Could posters add a 'pints drunk before match' total when describing the match as there are massively conflicting reports.

yep i think two matches happened today where one Villa team were disappointing and one where they were good????

Has anybody mentioned Lee Chung-Yong from Bolton as an option? I know he spent last year out injured but the year before he looked like a cracking winger

My other hopeful signing would be Martin Olson from Blackburn, both these guys surely arent gonna want to spend the year anywhere other than a top-flight club

Has anybody mentioned Lee Chung-Yong from Bolton as an option? I know he spent last year out injured but the year before he looked like a cracking winger

My other hopeful signing would be Martin Olson from Blackburn, both these guys surely arent gonna want to spend the year anywhere other than a top-flight club

Yeah Lee looked pretty decent and would be a decent addition if not too expensive...would also look at Holden at Bolton, again though there may be concerns over the fitness of both

Yeah Lee looked pretty decent and would be a decent addition if not too expensive...would also look at Holden at Bolton, again though there may be concerns over the fitness of both

I think then maybe if fitness is an issue, we could either use it to our advantage to get them cheaper or leave them at Bolton where they are guarenteed games to get fit then make a move in January if the squad needs some players.

Olsson should be our main target, young quick wing-back with bags of Premier League experience and not too expensive on transfer or wages. Cant go wrong with the guy. Much better option than risking it with Bennett or Cresswell, I dont want our defence to be a gamble.

Holden and Lee were really good for Bolton. When they got injured, Bolton fell from 8th to 16th. Then last season with those two out, they were relegated. Those two are too good for the championship. I'd take a risk on their health.

I disagree, we were passing the ball well especially in the first half, passing it round the forest players, doing some nice tricks and flicks, one touch passing stuff, especially in the forest half. When the pressure was lumped on in the 2nd half and when we started to tire, the passing began to falter, thats purely down to concentration, match fitness and the pressure to have to come back from a goal down on two occasions. We only managed to on one occasion.

We passed it around nicely for about 25 minutes and created pretty much nothing doing it. For the rest of the game we were poor, we created very little and the only time we had much possession was when bannan was passing it between the defenders.

You could tell it was poor because after about 30 minutes most of the away support had gone quiet and spent most of the 2nd half sitting down.

If Sturridges performances for team GB are anything to go by the guy is massively overrated! Has pace and good technique but no footballing brain from what I can see!

He never has had. He has no perception of what is going on around him and is a poor mans Anelka.

No thanks from me, rather take a punt on someone like Jordan Rhodes.

Still think it highlights that we have a lack of creativity & as it stands i think we will struggle to score goals. looking at our pre season results they have hardly been laden with goals.. Sounds like the Forest performance which i couldn't attend was very similar to the Burton one which i did manage. lots of possession at the back but lacking penetration? Still PL seems happy enough which is good news i guess.

Still will be much happier when we have some back up for Bent, a new LB & some more creativity on top of Ireland & Nzogbia.

People getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results?

**** me guys, how pathetic.

Was it not two years ago we beat Ajax and Juventus in pre-season games? Why haven't we won the champions league yet?! God were so shit!

Get a **** grip.

To be fair to the forest fan, I looked at that line-up and thought crikey - that looks a bit weak. Without commenting on the game (as I wasnt there) I think we need a good 3 or 4 more players here.

Say what you want about Mcleish, Houllier and even O'Neill - at times it was clearly evident that the players they were working with (whether they bought them or not) were clearly not good enough. And we have been left with the most inexperienced/unproven of those players.

That said, I was **** off about the defeat yesterday - A sign that improvements are being made - Even if it is just my attitude towards the team.

People getting their knickers in a twist over pre-season results?

**** me guys, how pathetic.

Was it not two years ago we beat Ajax and Juventus in pre-season games? Why haven't we won the champions league yet?! God were so shit!

Get a **** grip.

We beat Fiorentina when Delph put in a great performance we ended up losing against Wigan at VP! Forest made subs we didn't, worked on our fitness they scored a few long rangers! Nothing to worry about, we can't read too much into pre season.