General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why we keep going down the Milner path, he ain't coming back, his wages are astronomical. He's won a Championship medal, why exactly would he come to us for?

Sensible words Sikh

I love how the idea of him "coming home" keeps cropping up, yeah right ! A pig just flew past my window

@mayank27tiwary: "Liverpool facing competition from Aston Villa and Everton for Fulham's Clint Dempsey. #TransferZone"

:lol:

I'd have Dempsey, but unsure on the reliability of this.

But would he have Villa?

I think he'd be a great signing, but just don't see it happening. He'd demand top dollar as well.

Lets be honest here folks,Dempsey is not going to join us.

Would be a really good signing considering he can play at LM, LW or striker. Him and Bent up top would probably be very lethal. I'd love Dempsey but I read that Fulham wanted around 10-13m for him.

There's only a handful of clubs that are a better option than Villa and Fulham aren't one of them.

Dempsey is hardly out of our reach but I'd still be suprised if we went for him.

Dempsey's last big contract and chance for trophies - why would he come here?

Game time perhaps?

Dempsey is an attractive proposition for any club but the biggest clubs already have 4-5 strikers. Dempsey is good, but he's not good enough to get to the top of the pile at most of them. Yes his time is running out but moving to a bigger club may also waste his precious time.