General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The annoying thing from a fan's POV is that this year it makes more sense than usual. Still if the links are Guidetti, Fletcher or Defoe then I'm happy enough with that :)

Carroll for 10m plus the remainder of the Downing fee or 15m upfront for Fletcher?
Neither I hope!

This x 10

I asked the question because i was interested to know what would be deemed an inflationary price when we paid so much for Bent?

I happen to believe that if we reflect on the fee paid for Bent then 17m for Carroll who if given the right service, would be an excellent piece of business to fill the void of a target man in our squad!

Neither would I Mantis, though the nature of twitter is that someone somewhere will have tweeted every name at some point, meaning someone somewhere will think they're entitled to look smug :lol:

In June The Daily Drivel quoted his agent as saying he fancied Lazio (forgive me, I can't be arsed pasting a link, but Google is your friend).

If that's true you'd have to be wondering what we have to offer that Lazio don't :(

A lack of battery throwing neo-Nazi ultras

So it looks like we will be getting Guidetti on loan with an option to buy (hopefully). I don't want to take Citeh's striker and get him experience without an option to buy. Also apparently we are sniffing around Johnson which is good. We could use him especially with Albrighton still injured.

The reason I think we'll get Guidetti is because of the 3 strikers linked so far in Carroll, Fletcher and Guidetti (tenuously linked) Carroll is off to Spammers and Fletcher is not worth the £10m Wolves are supposedly mulling over from Sunderland, even though they value him at £15m.

Plus Man City want success right now. They already have Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko who are all better options than JG at present and will be for a good few years. Plus they will likely sign one of Cavani or RVP this summer. The lad clearly has talent and I doubt he will want to sit on the City bench until he's 25.

So it looks like we will be getting Guidetti on loan with an option to buy

where are you getting this info from ? is it a robust source ?

More twitter nonsense gets my vote.