General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I'm starting to think maybe keeping Dunne and Collins wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. They were both superb in MONs last season and I think with better fullbacks and a more commanding keeper they can still do a job. Hutton and Warnock however have shown nothing to suggest they are good enough for what we need. Houllier had his critics but you can now see why he dropped Warnock to the reserves. Maybe he is just not a fullback and could do better Job at left midfield. Didn't he once play there?

I think the key will be having a manager with the gonads to tell them they are no longer automatic first choice and they will have to convince him to play them.

For too long Dunne and Collins have been automatic first choice regardless of how they played and in my view played accordingly.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll probably have to give them a lump sum to get rid of them in the same way Ireland, Dunne, and Given's deals were held up because they wanted compensated for City not seeing out their contracts. Only O'Neill is going to give them a contract anywhere close to what they're currently on (ironically). Money inevitably will be the deciding factor in them leaving so I'm sure Collins, Warnock, Dunne, or Hutton are thinking why should I go anywhere else and have to take a pay cut. I can't imagine Dunne, Collins, or Warnock would have long left on their contracts - I wonder would the club end up doing what they did with Beye?

I can't imagine Dunne, Collins, or Warnock would have long left on their contracts - I wonder would the club end up doing what they did with Beye?

The difference with Dunne, Collins and Warnock to Beye is that they have still been a big part of the first team and been very much involved. Last season they played in almost 100 league games between them.

I don't see them being paid off unless Lambert says they will not be involved at all.

To be honest there's not been too much domestic transfer activity between Premier League clubs just yet as a fair few are on pre-season tours and what not. I'd imagine some clubs are showing interest in our players but because we're in America and many other teams are dotted all over the rest of the world we are unlikely to see much outgoing activity for a little while.

It makes sense to want to offload players before we sign new ones as we do not want a squad with 5 CB's and about 8 CM's if we don't succeed in flogging anyone. If you look at where we were under MON we just signed lots of players on high wages, we couldn't sell anyone, and eventually it came back to haunt us. If we do the same now we'll end up in a financial quagmire, giggidy, again.

No surprise that Lambert signed KEA and Lowton before offloading anyone as we were desperate for a replacement for Petrov and I think Lambert always knew Hutton was off so we got a 3rd RB in the squad. Really hope we manage to get rid of the likes of Makoun, Collins, Warnock & Hutton to bring in a new LB, CB (Vlaar), CM and Striker but we shall see. There must be money available to Lambert but the wage bill needs to be a priority.

I think fans are being harsh on Collins and Dunne. Both of them missed parts of last season with injuries so never had a settled partnership. 2 Seasons ago fans were drooling over how good they both were. Expecting Clark or Baker to be first choice centre halves may seem a better alternative but I've see enough errors from both of them in that position to suggest it may not be the answer just yet.

Last season the whole squad were awful with no exceptions. I think all players should be given a fresh start and as fans we should get behind them. If we continue to see poor performance's then hopefully they will be dropped accordingly.

First the Euros, then pre-season and to a lesser extent the Olympics have made this a more difficult transfer window than normal in terms of timing and getting things done. It should mean that when the window does all finally kick off in earnest, it'll be loadsa fun :D

Just don't think of Jim White. Just don't think of Jim White. Just don't think of Jim White.

I think fans are being harsh on Collins and Dunne. Both of them missed parts of last season with injuries so never had a settled partnership. 2 Seasons ago fans were drooling over how good they both were. Expecting Clark or Baker to be first choice centre halves may seem a better alternative but I've see enough errors from both of them in that position to suggest it may not be the answer just yet.

Last season the whole squad were awful with no exceptions. I think all players should be given a fresh start and as fans we should get behind them. If we continue to see poor performance's then hopefully they will be dropped accordingly.

Giving everyone a fresh start is what McRelegator did last season and look how that worked out. There a few players who I think deserve a clean slate, but there are also a few players who clearly need to be moved on.

The squad needs a massive rebuild.

Kagawa - Rooney - Van Persie could be pretty lethal, equals City's power that is for sure. I hope Tevez buggers off to Italy, can't stand watching a guy like that not enjoying his football. Makes millions every year but always acts like little kid.

I also think it is strange that we haven't gone for any Norwich-players, maybe Lambert has a gentleman's agreement with them? Or maybe he just don't think anyone is wort it.

Owt happening guys???

Currently on hols in Zante!

Was at a beach today and stopped by one of them blokes who sells nothing but shit. Ended up gaving him 5 euros as he dressed mrs woodytom (Miss that is) with a braided bracelet. The money only exchanged hands because during the process he did nothing but slag off Wiggyrichard :winkold: ( I mean last years pathetic Mcleish debacle)!!!