General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should probably get blitzed for suggesting this since I'm an American, but what about Carlos Bocanegra on a free? His impact on the wage bill would be negligible and at 33 he'd be a great bridge to give Baker/Clark more time to transition into a starting role. He certainly has more pace than Dunne, he still gets forward and can score goals, and sometimes plays RB for the national team. Here's the BBC story noting that he's been given permission to leave Rangers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18865402

Since we're just throwing names out there I figured I'd throw in a slightly reasonable one.

Hi buddy - on principle alone i would have to say a big no from me. This guy very nearly cost Mark Delaney his career with a horror show tackle at Craven Cottage many years ago...

Welcome to VT :-)

Cheeky bid for Morten Gamst Pedersen?

--------------Bent--------------

MGP--------Ireland--------Zog

-------KEA-----------Herd-----

Good engine in the middle, Herd to break up play, KEA to add some flair. Good attack, MGP is a natural on the left and it gives Zog chance to move back over to the right where I think he is more effective. Ireland has a solid foundation behind him and has licence to roam in that middle area, Bent does what he does best.

Holman, Albrighton, Gabby, Delph, Bannan, Makoun(?), Weimann etc.. to cover. Seems pretty decent.

I think we were linked with Bafetimbi Gomis at the beginning of the MON era, before the press realised that he didn't sign players from abroad. Lyon are chasing the scraps and outcasts from the PSG experiment, so perhaps we could do likewise with Lyon.