General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the guy taking a pic is Ron Vlaar but what about the other picture with PL in the tunnel. Are any of those guys players or just agents?

Guy in the blue shirt we expect is his agent, the other bald lad I assume is his father.

Was just looking at Vlaars twitter pics, looks like it was defo his father.

http://yfrog.com/nvslgnzsj

ITK ;)

Is this the same Vlaar who played at the back for Holland and had a complete shocker at the Euro's?

played twice, he might have been the guy that Krohn-Delhi made a mug of for the Denmark goal

Is this the same Vlaar who played at the back for Holland and had a complete shocker at the Euro's?

played twice, he might have been the guy that Krohn-Delhi made a mug of for the Denmark goal

Nope - that was Heitinga.

You're absolutely desperate to put this guy down before he's even started.

Why?

Why?

What I find stupid is people are using the Euro's as a reason to slate the guy when if we use the Euro's then we have two of the worst players in Europe coming back to training tomorrow in Dunne and Given. Yet the thing is, is that when they play for Villa they are pretty decent especially Given..

A tournament cannot be used to rate a player as most that have a great tournament go on to disappoint the clubs that buy them off the back of it, and those that have a bad tournament are usually some of the best players in the World just look at Rooney who never has a good tournament, yet if he was signing for us I wouldn't so no and certainly wouldn't use the latest Euro's as a negative against him.

Why?

If he signs ill back him all the way, I just dont rate him personally and think he is not worth the 6-8million being touted

felt the same way about Collins, Cuellar and Daives and sadly was proven right :(

Why?

If he signs ill back him all the way, I just dont rate him personally and think he is not worth the 6-8million being touted

felt the same way about Collins, Cuellar and Daives and sadly was proven right :(

Judging by your name you must have been happy with Zat Knight?

well he was signed as a back-up for peanuts and did a surprisingly underrated job for Villa.

Must mean that someone is leaving soon then.

well Cuellar left so needed another defender

well he was signed as a back-up for peanuts and did a surprisingly underrated job for Villa.

Must mean that someone is leaving soon then.

well Cuellar left so needed another defender

He was also one of the reasons Cahill asked to leave after finding himself very unfairly 4th choice defender. If I was as good as Cahill and found myself behind Zat Knight I'd probably wish to leave too.

That was a twitter fee £6-£8m.

Feyenoord on the speculation page said 'there may be a release clause for a foreign club. Even if there isn't a release clause, I would think 5 million will deffo get accepted looking at our financial situation. If we can get 5 million pounds for him we are back to financial stability without any debts.'.

Would like us to take a look at Berbatov. I've always likes him and looks like he could be leaving United. He could be the player we need to link up with Bent.

Even at 31, he will be looking play at a bigger club than us. One last chance at champs league perhaps, I'd imagine there will be plenty of CL clubs in for him if the £5m being touted is correct.

Would love it, obviously.....ship out Fonz and throw fee and wages at him and he's easily affordable, it's just the aforementioned problem that would scupper us.